Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Stuka Attack,why I love this sim - warts and all-screenies  (Read 6496 times)

w

Re: Stuka Attack,why I love this sim - warts and all-screenies
« Reply #12 on: August 01, 2011, 12:26:46 PM »

Phlegethon_Here are some screenshots with clouds...also an interior shot showing interior condensation that appears after a few seconds of flying thru clouds.These effects do slow down FPS and are esp. noticable when using "telephoto" viewto get better shots attacking enemy aircraft- things get very jerky & tough to draw a bead on the enemy aircraft...anyway here you go , quite pretty anyway( also note they cast shadows on aircraft under them:)
)

Dietz- question : If I had a Clean PC with Windows 7 64 bit and I installed Cliff of Dover, then I set every graphic/video quality to maximum quality setting, terrain, water, clouds, lighting, objects detail maxed out & display at highest screen resolution, what would be considered "more than enough" to run the game NEVER worrying about FPS crap?

processor speed=
mother board bus speed=
ddr3 Ram=
video card manufacture + video card Ram=

dietz

• Supporter
  • " Keep watching the skies...."
    • Art of James Dietz
« Reply #13 on: August 01, 2011, 12:46:44 PM »

Those would be nice mods, cloud shadows and condensation.
How does COD look at high altitude compared to 1946?
Good point ...I don't know ...almost all the action ( like in the initial release of Il-2 ,)is down low...much lower than in the real battle.I think if it is/was set up higher in the quick & single missions FPS would be higher in general.FPS drops the lower down you get- all those pesky details!

dietz

• Supporter
    • Art of James Dietz
« Reply #14 on: August 01, 2011, 12:52:41 PM »

Phlegethon- An answer of sorts ...I have been led to understand that the answer is yes...at least I've read that others are getting 50fps & higher ...BUT along with the rig you speak about you must have a new very quick graphics card ( i don't yet...) People are struggling with all sorts of ways around this with some success,but I think there will be a big upgrade that addresses this major problem supposedly in the next 2 months.It apparently requires a big change in the code.In the meantime other niggling little problems are being addressed ( no RT etc..) :-[

LuseKofte

« Reply #15 on: August 01, 2011, 01:12:42 PM »

I bought my self a new pc with two nvida cards, because of this sim. In my opinion Jonsinator, that was a waste of money. If the only reason for you toget a new rig, is this game, do not do it. It run smooth but getting very boring after a while. It is a good sim but in my opinion still too buggy and narrow. I fly more il2 than cod and rise of flight together. The latter is a far better sim by the way.

HundertzehnGustav

• Banned on Sep 11/2012
  • Arrogant Narcisistic Pussy
« Reply #16 on: August 01, 2011, 01:25:14 PM »

Dietz- question : If I had a Clean PC with Windows 7 64 bit and I installed Cliff of Dover, then I set every graphic/video quality to maximum quality setting, terrain, water, clouds, lighting, objects detail maxed out & display at highest screen resolution, what would be considered "more than enough" to run the game NEVER worrying about FPS crap?

processor speed=
mother board bus speed=
ddr3 Ram=

that PC does not exist yet.

dietz

• Supporter
    • Art of James Dietz
« Reply #17 on: August 01, 2011, 01:30:08 PM »

processor speed=
mother board bus speed=
ddr3 Ram=

that PC does not exist yet.
I have a pretty upto date rig( with exception of new Graphics card ,)& it runs game pretty good with some exceptions...again I have read its being worked on...LeOne -its been said before beauty is in the eye of the beholder...still true...

Avala

• Modder
« Reply #18 on: August 01, 2011, 10:46:39 PM »

Actually clouds and weather system is third party developed and works quite well on other applications. With enough knowledge it can even be implemented in IL2. And why is it causing low fps in Clod is probably beyond any programmer's knowledge . . .

w

« Reply #19 on: August 02, 2011, 08:42:47 AM »

thanks all  ;D - I guess I'll wait till COD has been cracked and modded like IL2 .
The Channel Front Map would become boring after awhile - even with stunning cockpits.
Remember someday IL2 will be like EAW.

just

« Reply #20 on: August 03, 2011, 11:25:36 PM »

I was very happy to find the mods section at official 1C forum and installed the darker terrain mod and better engines/guns sound effects mod. It runs 40-60fps with no stutter on my modest rig.
Even flying low enough to see the grass in big 100+ planes battles i getting 40fps and no stutter. I have really been playing the shit out of it. Making missions with the FMB is the way to go.
It is a joy to play to me now. I play Rise of Flight and COD equally.

1600x900rez 8xAA
most options on high
except terrain detail on medium
and land lighting and trees on low
grass and shadows on

i5 2500K quad core @ 3.7ghz
4gig ddr3 @ 1600mhz
2xGTX460 OC SLI

I love COD

dietz

• Supporter
    • Art of James Dietz
« Reply #21 on: August 04, 2011, 09:11:31 AM »

Just_ Is there any difficulty in getting the sim to accept these upcoming Mods? Is there a no brainer way to get into doing them? Should I make a game copy before beginning?I've done tons of mods with Il-2 ,but am a noobie on this sim.

just

« Reply #22 on: August 18, 2011, 12:57:18 AM »

Modding COD is very easy. First you need Keygety's files from here.

http://www.kegetys.net/

Then go to 1C forum and look in mods sub forum for the mods you want. I have BaronWastelan's darker terrain mod and BP's sound suite.
The mods just drop into "mods" folder and you add a line to the launcher shortcut as per keygety's instructions...

http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/forumdisplay.php?f=199

Don't play online multiplayer with mods or you could get banned. There are mods that change the weapons such as a Hurricane mkIIc with 4x 20mm hispannos which would obviously be considered cheating if you went online and started blowing everything out of the sky.

I mostly play offline using a dynamic campaign made by The enlightened Florist. Which I highly recommend.
http://airwarfare.com/sow/index.php?option=com_jdownloads&Itemid=53&task=view.download&catid=4&cid=128

Abigor

« Reply #23 on: August 18, 2011, 06:05:06 AM »

Just, can you post the links to those mods? I've searh for them in the 1C forum, but I can't
find working links  :(

I'm specially interested in BaronWastelan's darker terrain

Thank you.
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up

Page created in 0.095 seconds with 27 queries.