- 25 (21.7%)
Do you play DBW and others about equal amounts of the time
- 10 (8.7%)
Do you only plau DBW and UP exclusively, nothing else
- 19 (16.5%)

Total Members Voted: 114

Voting closed: August 10, 2011, 09:46:27 PM

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Do you play DBW exclusively?  (Read 5312 times)

SAS~CirX

• R.I.P.
  • SAS Honourable Member
  • No Zips, Only Buttons
Do you play DBW exclusively?
« on: July 11, 2011, 09:46:27 PM »

Hi guys

At some stage, out classfiles changes and base content will settle a bit. There is the opportunity, to place all the current content of the #DBW folder, in a Files.SFS for DBW specifically. Just like UP3. That would be a little like a "clean slate" from which we can then move further. This would result in faster startup times, and a significantly lighter an dcleaner #DBW folder.

I will ask Hades to do this for us when I think the time is right. And, it will be optional. Because with such a files SFS, you cannot play stock, modact or other varions. You would have to disable it and replace it with the stock files .sfs, or in the case of UP, with the UP files .SFS.

So this would be aimed to guys who only play DBW (and have a seperate install for stock and other versions), and guys who only play DBW or UP3 (since then the two files SFS's can be swtiched out in jsgme with one click), as well as guys who are savvy enough to manage it in their co-existent installs.

he reason for this poll is, I just want to get an idea of the ratio of these players out there. I want to know how many will benifit from it, and calculate the increase in tech support against it.

As I said, if we do this, it will be optional.

C2Aaircrew

Re: Do you play DBW exclusively?
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2011, 10:13:02 PM »

Fit in between the first two. Play DBW as it is for offline exclusively, so I do not have to worry about conflicts with something for online. I do keep a separate Modact for testing single mods before I add something to DBW.

Friedrich-Wilhelm

« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2011, 10:25:13 PM »

Hi CirX,

I only play offline, so DBW seems like the ideal solution for me. I see more and more of my favourite mods being incorporated into it, so eventually I will probably only play DBW, reducing the need for too many multiple installs (I still have a 4.09 version with UP 2.01 kicking around). I really appreciate all the work that has been put into the game by the talented teams at SAS and UP.

Thank you!  :)

Jochem Hraback

« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2011, 11:37:04 PM »

The same thing for me. I searched for the best experience with il2 and I could find it offline only. I bought il2 in the first time of its release in 2001, then Forgotten battles, Pacific Fighters and finally il2 1946 in 2006. Then 2008, I have played the AAA Mod pack, then Uberpatch 9.2, then, in 2010 Up2.01. This is why it's really fantastic for me that you make a project like DBW possible.  And what project !!!

CWMV

• Kalashnikov connoisseur
  • Modder
  • A free people ought to be armed and disciplined.
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2011, 12:56:57 AM »

I play both UP3 and DBW.
The only time I play UP3 is when I'm with my Virtual JG, doing our Co-op campaign.
Otherwise Its DBW only.

PO_MAK_249RIP

• CMON U SPURS!
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2011, 01:00:57 AM »

I'm a DBW boy now - never played online so this has been a godsend for me

Great stuff Cirx
Corsair Carbide case, Intel core i5 4690 3.5ghz with Arctic Cooler, Asus Rock H97 performance, MSI Ventus XS OC 1660GTX 6GB DDR6, 32GB Patriot Viper 1600Mhz, 256GB/500GB Crucial SSDs, Windows 10 64bit.

BravoFxTrt

• "BIGFOOT"
  • Modder
  • Flying Ass Clown #13
« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2011, 01:56:30 AM »

DBW baby. 8)
MSI R9 280X 6GB x2/Crossfire /ASUS M5A99FX PRO R2.0 Mobo/AMD FX 4170 Bulldozer 4core CPU/RAM Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB/ Corsair RM 1000WATT PSU/Windows 10 Enterprise 64bit

messeranck

« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2011, 02:39:32 AM »

I play DBW only, and never online. I have an HSFX and a vanilla for security. I play IL2 since the demo of the original IL2 (what a game !). DBW is a blue dream (Thanks Cirx and Hades !)

el bradipo

« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2011, 02:58:59 AM »

i play only off-line. DBW is the world offline future (Great future...) 4.09 Mods is the past (But old offline campaign work well) U.P. is the basic optimized security for development of "worldwide" online il2...Thanks cirx, hades, all modders ;D ;D

cgagan

• SAS Team
« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2011, 03:11:32 AM »

I play mostly DBW nowadays, but I always revert to my SAS mod act 3.6 setup to enjoy maps and mods (and missions built on them) currently not available in DBW. I am a 100% offliner

Lanius

« Reply #10 on: July 12, 2011, 03:21:04 AM »

Having only ever "flown" offline, DBW is the only way to go.

I was a die hard 4.09 user but with DBW the change in the sim is a revolution in its development. The games now sharper, faster and a whole world better than its ever been before. A new lease of life has been given to our loved sim. The guys behind DWB need to be appauded for their efforts and any future upgrades.... Maps etc., bld1.3 +

Anything else (for offline), is now soooo outdated. 4.09 was king, 4.10 left me cold but the new kid on the block is DBW. A big thankyou for our new IL-2StormoDBW its brilliant.... :)

THANKS... 

DaveP63

« Reply #11 on: July 12, 2011, 03:57:03 AM »

DBW and as it evolves, I won't have anything else installed. (Other than what's necessary to make DBW go!)
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up

Page created in 0.103 seconds with 30 queries.