Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: DBW + DCG  (Read 10311 times)

Interpol

DBW + DCG
« on: June 22, 2011, 09:48:34 AM »

I used the search function but found very little to do with my question. I tried UP 3.0 + DCG but that crashes with the "1} is not a valid integer" and as there isnt any fix for that atm i was told that DBW works with DCG. So i followed all the instructions on installing DBW to the T and when i generate a new Career it minimizes IL-2 then when maximized again it hasnt generated.

There is a few posts with people saying they have got  theirs working succesfuly.

Does anyone have any idea how to get DBW to work with Lowengrins DCG?

Inter

soldaten

Re: DBW + DCG
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2011, 10:36:26 AM »

Did you start JSGME and deactivate  UP3.0   before launching the game?

Interpol

« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2011, 10:37:37 AM »

I sure did.

Edit: To be alittle more precise, No mods are active at all in my JSGME.

pierre1946

« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2011, 10:38:07 AM »

Slink

• Cosmetic to some; to others a nightmare! - Merlin
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2011, 11:30:00 AM »

Had this happen sometimes with the DBW version of Pablo's MissionPro Combo, some people reported that if they click on the actual mission screen, it suddenly appears.

Check in the missions folder (under whichever nation you're flying) to see if DCG generated a directory for the campaign, and a mission file.

If so, then it's normally MissionPro, but you say there are no mods in JSGME?  Never had this in a clean install, are you using stock campaigns or third party, was anything changed, as an error in the campaign files might cause the same thing. If DCG doesn't work in a clean install with no mods at all, and using the updated files, I can only assume there must be an installation error. Are you on Vista/Win7? Installed in Program Files?

I assume you're using 3.46, as this version supports IL2 4.101, previous versions do not, you probably know that, but didn't actually say which version.

You're right, it doesn't say that, I assumed DCG users here know where their stuff is as most of us have been using it for years and updating files through UP2, 410, HSFX4.1, now 501, and finally now DBW, however, as DCG actually belongs to Paul all the info is at his site, I assume you downloaded it from there, but since this isn't Paul's site you have a valid point, I'll add it to the post for any new users wanting to try it out.

Interpol

« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2011, 12:02:40 PM »

Had this happen sometimes with the DBW version of Pablo's MissionPro Combo, some people reported that if they click on the actual mission screen, it suddenly appears.

Check in the missions folder (under whichever nation you're flying) to see if DCG generated a directory for the campaign, and a mission file.

If so, then it's normally MissionPro, but you say there are no mods in JSGME?  Never had this in a clean install, are you using stock campaigns or third party, was anything changed, as an error in the campaign files could cause the same thing. If it doesn't work in a clean install with no mods at all, there must be an installation error. Are you on Vista/Win7? Installed in Program Files?

I assume you're using 3.46, as this version supports IL2 4.101, previous versions do not, you probably know that, but didn't actually say which version.

You're right, it doesn't say that, I assumed DCG users here know where their stuff is as most of us have been using it for years and updating files through UP2, 410, HSFX4.1, now 501, and finally now DBW, however, as DCG actually belongs to Paul all the info is at his site, I assume you downloaded it from there, but since this isn't Paul's site you have a valid point, I'll add it to the post for any new users wanting to try it out.

Lol don't get me wrong, It wasn't a complaint  :-\.

Fresh IL-2 1946 Install > 4.8 > 4.9 > 4.10 > 4.10.1 (Into "C:\" not "C:\Program Files")
Installed UP 3.0 > RC2
Activated UP 3.0 via JSGME
Installed DCG ("C:\DCG") (v3.46)
Configured DCG and created a Career Campaign

The above did not work due to the "1} is not a valid integer" error message when quitting from a Career Mission.

So then I:

Deactivated UP 3.0 via JSGME
Installed DBW
Reconfigured DCG again just encase & created a new Career Campaign again.
Fired up IL-2 Launcher and selected DBW from the drop down menu and ran IL-2

This also did not work, I downloaded the new files and replaced the ones in my "C:\DCG\Data", Re-launched IL-2 & same minor CTD as before.

That pretty much sums it up.  :P

Slink

« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2011, 12:43:18 PM »

no, I was just explaining myself for neglecting to actually tell anybody where they go...

Only thing I can really suggest is to try the clicking on the mission screen trick, as from what you describe you did everything right and it should work, so without being able to see your system and set up it's a bit of a head banger. Did you look in the missions directory to see if there is actually a mission folder and mission file in there? That would mean DCG is actually working and it's something else affecting the mission screen. Try generating the campaign/mission, and restarting DBW to see if it then shows up, if not try clicking on it, or even pressing enter, there can be refresh problems sometimes, my install seemed rather unstable at first but then settled down, which is odd, but these things happen.

Sorry I can't give you a straight answer, everything you did is right, there must be something else. Still, if any of this works let us know, I'll think it over, maybe I'm missing something obvious, happens. Before giving up you can always try a fresh install, drastic but generally works, sometimes there's no other way. Keep us posted, there has to be an answer to this one, usually something really insignificant...

thought: check the paths in your two DCG.ini files, game root folder and DCG folder, DCG sometimes screws them up.
Did you install the UP patch? It's not on the list?
Which nation & campaign, maybe I can recreate the error.

Interpol

« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2011, 02:07:17 PM »

no, I was just explaining myself for neglecting to actually tell anybody where they go...

Only thing I can really suggest is to try the clicking on the mission screen trick, as from what you describe you did everything right and it should work, so without being able to see your system and set up it's a bit of a head banger. Did you look in the missions directory to see if there is actually a mission folder and mission file in there? That would mean DCG is actually working and it's something else affecting the mission screen. Try generating the campaign/mission, and restarting DBW to see if it then shows up, if not try clicking on it, or even pressing enter, there can be refresh problems sometimes, my install seemed rather unstable at first but then settled down, which is odd, but these things happen.

Sorry I can't give you a straight answer, everything you did is right, there must be something else. Still, if any of this works let us know, I'll think it over, maybe I'm missing something obvious, happens. Before giving up you can always try a fresh install, drastic but generally works, sometimes there's no other way. Keep us posted, there has to be an answer to this one, usually something really insignificant...

thought: check the paths in your two DCG.ini files, game root folder and DCG folder, DCG sometimes screws them up.
Did you install the UP patch? It's not on the list?
Which nation & campaign, maybe I can recreate the error.

Update: I have checked my DCG directory and i can only find one DCG.ini file and the directories in that are correct.

Update 2: Oh yes, I found the other one and its all correct in their too. The new missions do not seem to be appearing in Missions\Campaign\DE\ (Although there is an empty DCG folder in here and a old German vs Poland DCG Career Campaign that worked with UP 3.0 until it spat out the errors. I went into IL-2 and the DCG Campaign i just generated appear in IL-2 which still causes the minor crash but it does not show in the Missions directory, Also the Poland Campaign will not show in IL-2 but the folder is here in the directory which i have just deleted.

Update 3: No mods are activated in JSGME & I haven't touched the DBW folders, but just to make sure, I have 3 folders in the "#DBW" folder: MapMods, XTD & STD. Then I have another folder in my IL-2 directory called "SAS_DBW" with a load of files inside of it.

Where would I find the mission that DCG has created after I have selected what country I want to fight for and what map, then pressed Start in DCG, as no Mission folder displays in the DCG directory or the one stated above (C:\IL-2\Missions\Campaign\DE\)?

On a side note, The instructions for DCG says for configuration I need to select a DCG Campaign Folder and when I try to do this it wants me to select a "squadron file" which I do not have in either my DCG directory nor my IL-2 directory. If this is where im going wrong please just take me out back and shoot me.  ::)

Slink

« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2011, 02:49:15 PM »

That's the one. The one I'm too blind to see. Gotta get some new glasses, seriously  ::)
Also, no mods in jsgme, and no mods in DBW folder?
Are there any missions generated at all, i.e. is DCG working at all, or it is but you just can't see it. If there are missions try copying them into single missions and flying from there to check if they work outside DCG.
You can also start task manager before trying to generate the mission and see if DGEN appears in the processes list, (DCG pretends to be DGEN) and whether it hangs, indicating an error in the campaign, but again, they're all stock, so should work without problems, but it's good to know what's going on in the background.
I'll go try German/Poland first, but if it happens with various combinations then it's probably not the campaigns, stock have been working for years now, but it's worth a try.

There's a second ini file in the game root folder, directly under, well, whatever you called your game install, in amongst all the IL2 files.

OK, going up to check out Poland, then I'll have to sleep on it, getting late here, hope something here works out for you mate.

Interpol

« Reply #9 on: June 22, 2011, 05:46:41 PM »

Updated post #8.

Hmm just switched off 'Offline Career (Full Auto Generation)' & 'Replace Career Generator (DGen)' modes in DCG and created a German vs France40 (manual generation) and now I have a folder called 'France40_DE' in my DCG directory. In IL-2 i can now proceed to the briefing screen with no minor CTD as the "Generate" button has dissapeared.

Its abit late now to be playing IL-2 but I'll check to make sure everything is in working order tomorrow. (Sorry if this was what i was meant to do instead of turning on Full Auto Generation)  :(

Slink

« Reply #10 on: June 22, 2011, 08:11:20 PM »

Ah, update, and it works, great!  :D , but Auto Generation is the only way to go, and the campaign directory you generated should be in the Missions folder, so something still isn't right, but it's working at least.
Looks like the mission files have been updated automatically, delete the campaign from inside IL2, empty the DCG/backup folder, and check the paths again, if you delete the two dcg.ini files DCG will think it's a new install and set everything up from scratch. You could then try replacing DGEN and using auto generation mode again, and it should work normally.

Interpol

« Reply #11 on: June 23, 2011, 04:42:24 AM »

Ok this is what is in my DCG.ini before deleting it:
C:\DCG\
C:\DCG\France40_DE\
C:\IL-2 Sturmovik 1946\

Deleted the two DCG.ini

I tried two different ways, This is creating a Career manually then turning on Auto Generation after generation the first mission manually:

Well its now a bit of an improvement, It no longer has the minor CTD but instead when i press the generate button in IL-2 my computer emits a strange *beep* noise that i haven't heard before and stays at the screen i was just on, Just making that noise every time i click the generate button.

Then the second was turning on Auto Generation and Replacing DGen modes straight away before generating a mission:

I set up the Service & Campaign in DCG, went inside IL-2 picked which country i wanted to fly for and difficulty settings then pressed 'Generate' and it did what it did before set from no *beep* noise, It just sorts of flash really quickly and just leave me sitting their at the same screen with the generate button in the bottom right hand corner.

What i have noticed about all these careers is that it keeps trying to put me in an AR-196 instead of a BF109 E-4 like it did before.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Page created in 0.077 seconds with 27 queries.