Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Secret projects.  (Read 2403 times)

sluggs

Secret projects.
« on: June 10, 2011, 10:57:18 PM »

Hello.

Over the last few months, I have been seeing little "hints" (so to speak) within different SAS member's posts mentioning "secret projects". I've even heard that there is a F-4 Phantom in the works ( :o :o :o ). I had also seen hints of a Mirage III somewhere along the line, but I think that was just a comment about the Mig-21's perceived future opponent. There were a few other specific little details that I had seen regarding low-profile projects that were going on. I am just wondering if any of this is true. I'm not asking for any details, I just want to know if you guys have a few "big" developments underway at the moment that you are keeping secret. Any information, even a simple "yes" or "no", would be greatly appreciated.

Wildchild

• Bf 109 Killer
    • This is my professional racing page. Please check it out!
Re: Secret projects.
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2011, 11:38:32 PM »

my guess is you just got some PM's...

HundertzehnGustav

• Banned on Sep 11/2012
  • Arrogant Narcisistic Pussy
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2011, 01:09:36 AM »

a secret... is a secret... for as long as nobody knows it even exists.
 once it is known  that there is a secret... its not a secret secret anymore.

why ask, then?

SAS~Loku

• SAS Team
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2011, 01:15:37 AM »

P7a/P11c/f/g P24a/b/e/f/g PZL23/42 PWS-10/26 R-XIII RWD-10/14 GeeBeeR1/R2/Granville P-45 , WhippetMkI, Sdkfz-234/1/2, Kurogane, TKS, Wz.29/34 and some other shit XD

_AUS_Salmo

« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2011, 01:34:45 AM »

.... and two quotes from Winston Churchill:

1. There are a lot of lies going around... and half of them are true.

2. In wartime, truth is so precious that she should always be attended by a bodyguard of lies.

sluggs

« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2011, 02:43:38 AM »

Haha, thanks.

Wildchild

• Bf 109 Killer
    • This is my professional racing page. Please check it out!
« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2011, 12:49:41 PM »

Also crazyflak, i like your slogan: "we all live in a modding submarine, modding submarine..." which proves you have no access to the outside world to tell them anything!

SAS~CirX

• R.I.P.
  • SAS Honourable Member
  • No Zips, Only Buttons
« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2011, 05:38:55 PM »

Actually there are no "secret " projects at all.

contrary to what some schizophrenics out there want to believe, the SAS is not realy very organised. There is not some small group of jewish bankers running the place from behind the scenes, making decisions about the future of modding, the direction it should take , what projects should and should not happen ect. Or trying to maipulate the community with information and disinformation about projects and things.

We are actualy pretty laid back and everyone gets to do exactly what they please, and take as long about it as they want.

Now, in the past, there was at one stage, mainly on another forum, a trend for guys to cobble together good looking "WIP" screenshots or ifo about stuff, so they could open a WIP topic, and use that to basically stop anyone else from doing that project. Even if they had no intention ever to finish it.

Over here we said bullshit to that, and we tell modders to feel free to do any project they feel like, even if somone else is busy with it. You see, frequenlty modding is not about "delivering the final", it is about the making of the mod.

But nowerdays, most of the good modders have ben at this for a while. The ego's are gone, those members who refuse to read guides or do any troubleshooting themselves have made damn sure that the thrill of sharing something with other players is gone, and the whole rush and sence of competition is gone. You could say, the community has grown up some.

So lost of modders simply do not announce new projects anymore. At least not in the public forums. They cannot "claim" a subject anymore by doing it, and then there is the blowback that many guys find demoralising, when a project is WIP'd in public. There is firstly, always afterwards a call for updates, and "when is it ready". Now, sure it is a players right to ask, but from the point of view of someone doing this for a hobby, for free, there always comes a tipping point, where any request for updates and information no longer feels like interest, but feels like attacks. This is just human. And there is of course the "helpfull" info provided by members, and, most of it is good, but somehow there always seems to be one crazy fanatic coming out of the woodwork to say the wrong thing to you on the day you can least handle it.

So, a lot of guys these days dont announce, and feel that they can then finish the mod, or not finish it, whenever, without any pressure, real or imagined.
That is their choice. I personally never post WIP topics. But that is not because I have any problem with members, but because even untill now, and even with stuff like the modacts, I mod realy for myself. I make modacts for myself,and buttons, to make my game better and my life easier. I love these planes, I love the history. If I had no forum, and no friends, I'd still be doing this. So I find I make a mod, finish it and then go "hey, I should post this, someone else might like it too".

Then there are guys like ...... who retire from modding to get away from any pressure, and who now make mods purely as technical excersises, to "push " the game engine. And the results of what these guys like him do often are of great value.

So, there is not realy any secret projects, that is being kept secret by conspiracy. But there are a number of projects I know of that are simply not public yet, and some of them may never get finished, and never be. There are no secret packs and stuff we are working on to blow everyone away or to corner the"market" (lol) or any such stuff. Pretty much, when something gets done, it gets released, and damn the torpedos.

So, dont worry or loose sleep about what modders may or may not be doing. I have long ago given up on doing it. Hell, mostly I am not even realy sure what I am doing myself. Know that if ever stuff gets finsihed, you will see it.

F22-Raptor-2006

• Aviator Mod Team
  • SAS Honourable Member
    • Aviator Mod Team
« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2011, 05:43:17 PM »

Yeah what he said^^ lol

No "secret" projects from me, just "unannounced" ones cos I'm not sure if I'll finish it and if so it'll be quite a while yet or if it's quite the right kinda thing u guys would be looking for... I could have anything up my sleeve like say an F22 for instance XD

P.S. I can confirm that I do not have an F22 up my sleeve as a project, only used as an extreme example :)

Dark Apostle

• SAS Honourable Member
« Reply #9 on: June 11, 2011, 05:53:37 PM »

Can you confirm if you have sleeves though Rap?

SAS~Friction

• Modder
« Reply #10 on: June 11, 2011, 06:38:23 PM »

Actually there are no "secret " projects at all.

contrary to what some schizophrenics out there want to believe, the SAS is not realy very organised. There is not some small group of jewish bankers running the place from behind the scenes, making decisions about the future of modding, the direction it should take , what projects should and should not happen ect. Or trying to maipulate the community with information and disinformation about projects and things.

We are actualy pretty laid back and everyone gets to do exactly what they please, and take as long about it as they want.

Now, in the past, there was at one stage, mainly on another forum, a trend for guys to cobble together good looking "WIP" screenshots or ifo about stuff, so they could open a WIP topic, and use that to basically stop anyone else from doing that project. Even if they had no intention ever to finish it.

Over here we said bullshit to that, and we tell modders to feel free to do any project they feel like, even if somone else is busy with it. You see, frequenlty modding is not about "delivering the final", it is about the making of the mod.

But nowerdays, most of the good modders have ben at this for a while. The ego's are gone, those members who refuse to read guides or do any troubleshooting themselves have made damn sure that the thrill of sharing something with other players is gone, and the whole rush and sence of competition is gone. You could say, the community has grown up some.

So lost of modders simply do not announce new projects anymore. At least not in the public forums. They cannot "claim" a subject anymore by doing it, and then there is the blowback that many guys find demoralising, when a project is WIP'd in public. There is firstly, always afterwards a call for updates, and "when is it ready". Now, sure it is a players right to ask, but from the point of view of someone doing this for a hobby, for free, there always comes a tipping point, where any request for updates and information no longer feels like interest, but feels like attacks. This is just human. And there is of course the "helpfull" info provided by members, and, most of it is good, but somehow there always seems to be one crazy fanatic coming out of the woodwork to say the wrong thing to you on the day you can least handle it.

So, a lot of guys these days dont announce, and feel that they can then finish the mod, or not finish it, whenever, without any pressure, real or imagined.
That is their choice. I personally never post WIP topics. But that is not because I have any problem with members, but because even untill now, and even with stuff like the modacts, I mod realy for myself. I make modacts for myself,and buttons, to make my game better and my life easier. I love these planes, I love the history. If I had no forum, and no friends, I'd still be doing this. So I find I make a mod, finish it and then go "hey, I should post this, someone else might like it too".

Then there are guys like ...... who retire from modding to get away from any pressure, and who now make mods purely as technical excersises, to "push " the game engine. And the results of what these guys like him do often are of great value.

So, there is not realy any secret projects, that is being kept secret by conspiracy. But there are a number of projects I know of that are simply not public yet, and some of them may never get finished, and never be. There are no secret packs and stuff we are working on to blow everyone away or to corner the"market" (lol) or any such stuff. Pretty much, when something gets done, it gets released, and damn the torpedos.

So, dont worry or loose sleep about what modders may or may not be doing. I have long ago given up on doing it. Hell, mostly I am not even realy sure what I am doing myself. Know that if ever stuff gets finsihed, you will see it.

Well said! Don't think it could be summed up any better than that.

Regards
Friction

Verhängnis

• Unofficial Heinkel Fan
  • Modder
« Reply #11 on: June 12, 2011, 12:50:30 AM »

Only the Air force has secret projects.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.08 seconds with 25 queries.