Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: new 275 NVidia drivers  (Read 2750 times)

gianluca

new 275 NVidia drivers
« on: June 01, 2011, 12:02:37 PM »

Hi, these are now available for download (series 500 xp32 in my case for my GTX 560 Ti). Any of you already tried? They promise better speed in gaming but personally I was more than once pissed off by new drivers so.....I ask!
Thks a lot and best regards,
Gianluca

HundertzehnGustav

• Banned on Sep 11/2012
  • Arrogant Narcisistic Pussy
Re: new 275 NVidia drivers
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2011, 01:25:01 PM »

never change a winning team?
if you are satisfied, and the new drivers do not fix major problems....

outlaw02

« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2011, 09:42:39 PM »

Hi, these are now available for download (series 500 xp32 in my case for my GTX 560 Ti). Any of you already tried? They promise better speed in gaming but personally I was more than once pissed off by new drivers so.....I ask!
Thks a lot and best regards,
Gianluca

Well, considering that my GPU is the little sister of the GTX560 series, (Asus GTX 550Ti Direct Cu here), I did try using the latest drivers from Nvidia. And the result? Don't update it to the new driver. No matter what setup I did for IL-2 it comes out being a lagfest on OpenGL, and graphics glitch on DirectX. I rolled back to the 270 NVidia drivers and all was well again for me.

gianluca

« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2011, 03:51:54 AM »

thks a lot guys!

Baracca

• Modder
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2011, 06:57:58 AM »

Hi Gianluca!

I can tell you that your vga (mine is a Gainward GTX 560Ti Golden Simple) the driver for best response and stability are currently 266.66 WHQL.

The next drivers (currently 275.33)  are slightly less efficient (always talking about the GTX 560Ti and IL2 game.....of course). ;)
The only thing that might be of interest is that on 275.33 series come out the filters enable to CSAA mode (more complex AA to get high quality with less demand about GPU) .... but it's not compatible for IL2. :'(

About the GTX card 560Ti can only say that his real performance are locked (to the date of this post) to 70% of the his potentiality  >:(... but just because Nvidia drivers are still too immature for it.

But I'm not complaining it ....i am sure that Nvidia working about it whit a soon driver fix!

Ciao.

gianluca

« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2011, 07:12:12 AM »

hi Baracca, thks for your tipp!
Do you think these 266 drivers (I have the 270 version) are still downloadable somewhere?
ciao!
Gianluca

PS: about the fact performance are under expectations and potentialities...I can say my old 9800GT was not that inferior to this late monster so most probably you are right!

Baracca

• Modder
« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2011, 07:20:00 AM »

hi Baracca, thks for your tipp!
Do you think these 266 drivers (I have the 270 version) are still downloadable somewhere?
ciao!
Gianluca

PS: about the fact performance are under expectations and potentialities...I can say my old 9800GT was not that inferior to this late monster so most probably you are right!

Salve!

You can very easy found it here:

http://www.nvidia.it/Download/Find.aspx?lang=it

I was whit a simple 8800GTS 640Mb and still i dont see the mine money like a great investement about GTX 560Ti...but we will see in the next drivers!
Somebody say that the bottleneck can be the Low CPU...but i get a AMD Phenom X2 550 Black Edition to 3.8 Ghz....so! ???
ArmA II whit set to 1980 x 1020 Full HD whit medium-high filter actived run great...and that was impossible whit a 8800 gts!

Comunque, l'esperienza m'insegna, che quando si parte male รจ difficile recuperare, ma non sempre.....impossibile!

ciao!

gianluca

« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2011, 10:44:35 AM »

grazie! whenever you have news on the subject please keep posting here; I subscribe right now the "notify" option!

Baracca

• Modder
« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2011, 04:18:32 PM »

Ciao Gianluca  ;)

I dont know if you have follow this Topic:

https://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/topic,15536.0.html

It's been a great sorprise to set Nvida Panel how he saied the "thefruitbat" and Conf.ini tip SAS_Storebror members.

Now IL2 run nice whit wonderfull high details whitout problems!  ;D

Best Regard!

gianluca

« Reply #9 on: July 28, 2011, 05:29:16 AM »

Already done Baracca and I can confirm you it runs super! Even though it could run also better with new (hopefully to be releade in the future...) drivers!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.073 seconds with 25 queries.