Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Squadron and Codes  (Read 1403 times)

Schutze

Squadron and Codes
« on: May 21, 2011, 09:12:36 AM »

Hello.

I have il-2 1946 with 1.4101. . I use sas mod activator.

I would like to know how to add a squadron to the selection roster and how to assign letter codes. So far i have done several changes but the changes dont show up in the game. I tried mod trough jgsme and trough mod activator but it seems the problem is more complicated.

The roster in STD i changed in D:\IL-2 Sturmovik 1946\#SAS\STD\i18n

4 files - regshort and reginfo and also the clones with _ru name.

In paintschemes in  D:\IL-2 Sturmovik 1946\#SAS\STD\Paintschemes

i added pic and file for letter code. :-[

Frankiek

• SAS Team
Re: Squadron and Codes
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2011, 10:01:35 AM »

It is indeed more complicated than that  if you want the letter codes to appear on certain planes you will have to modify classes as well and in some cases 3d files. If you can't find what you want in he forgotten countries mod the easiest solution is a good set of dedicated skins

Schutze

Re: Squadron and Codes
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2011, 11:24:10 AM »

It is indeed more complicated than that  if you want the letter codes to appear on certain planes you will have to modify classes as well and in some cases 3d files. If you can't find what you want in he forgotten countries mod the easiest solution is a good set of dedicated skins

Well forgotten countries doesnt help much as it is fixed to certain ammount of squads and adding new squads will not add them to the game. And yes skins would be good option if i would know how to draw because copy paste from skin to skin doesnt look as normal skin with decal would look like. So probably until SAS or UP make squad list open im kinda screwed.

Also problem is that squad list is bound to an exploit which was not fixed for 10 years. If someone uses squad that is not in the game he becomes invisible...... :'( I wonder why it was never fixed...it kinda kills the immrsion
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.067 seconds with 26 queries.