Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 69 70 71 [72] 73 74 75 ... 95   Go Down

Author Topic: IL2 1956 - The Jet Era, Version 1.33 (10/11/13)  (Read 1218489 times)

SAS~Malone

• flying as #46 with the FAC
  • Editor
  • proud member of that 'other' site
Re: IL2 1956 - The Jet Era, Version 1.33 (10/11/13)
« Reply #852 on: July 25, 2014, 11:23:51 PM »

... I created the files myself and pasted the lines in them.

As I said earlier, the game now crashes at 20% on the loading screen.

hi mate, and welcome to the forum - thanks also for your descriptive post, which helps a lot when trying to solve problems - other newcomers would be wise to use your post as an example of what we require.
so, from the bits i quoted above - the most obvious reason for the crash that i can see offhand, is that you can't simply create new files for these....
the file contains info for all planes, so creating a new one for the jetwar planes, means all other planes are non-existent in this new file.
some things have changed in the official updates for the game since jetwar was first released - what used to be called 'planes_ru' is now simply called 'planes' - planes.properties, in other words. this is the file you add the info to - never, ever should you create new files in these folders, they are only to be edited (and backed up, of course - but i see you're well on top of that ;)
second thing - you make no mention of the two SFS files that Jetwar uses?
this is, in essence, most of the actual content for jetwar, without which you'll get nowhere -
these files, sasamt_jetwar_01.sfs and sasamt_jetwar_02.sfs, must go into a folder in the game root directory, called 'SFS_AUTO'
game version is not a problem, it'll work just fine with 4.12.2 version
forget about the 2.6 RC option in the instructions, stick with 2.7
it sounds as if you've done most everything else right, so have a look at what i've mentioned, and then try it out this way, and let us know how it goes from there...
.....taking fun seriously since 1968.....  8)

EngineerFalcon

« Reply #853 on: July 26, 2014, 06:46:04 AM »

hi mate, and welcome to the forum - thanks also for your descriptive post, which helps a lot when trying to solve problems - other newcomers would be wise to use your post as an example of what we require.
so, from the bits i quoted above - the most obvious reason for the crash that i can see offhand, is that you can't simply create new files for these....
the file contains info for all planes, so creating a new one for the jetwar planes, means all other planes are non-existent in this new file.
some things have changed in the official updates for the game since jetwar was first released - what used to be called 'planes_ru' is now simply called 'planes' - planes.properties, in other words. this is the file you add the info to - never, ever should you create new files in these folders, they are only to be edited (and backed up, of course - but i see you're well on top of that ;)
second thing - you make no mention of the two SFS files that Jetwar uses?
this is, in essence, most of the actual content for jetwar, without which you'll get nowhere -
these files, sasamt_jetwar_01.sfs and sasamt_jetwar_02.sfs, must go into a folder in the game root directory, called 'SFS_AUTO'
game version is not a problem, it'll work just fine with 4.12.2 version
forget about the 2.6 RC option in the instructions, stick with 2.7
it sounds as if you've done most everything else right, so have a look at what i've mentioned, and then try it out this way, and let us know how it goes from there...

Thanks for your reply !

I forgot to mention that I have moved the two SFS files to the SFS_AUTO folder.

I found the plane.properties file and pasted the plane_ru code in it (and deleted it, I'll remember not to add files anymore ;)
I did the same for weapons.properties

I reinstalled the Engine Mod v2.7 by extracting it to my root folder.

I tried running the game again, and it still crashes as soon as it reaches 20% :/

I'll try fully  reinstalling SAS MODACT and 1956 and I'll tell you if it works.

SAS~Malone

• Editor
« Reply #854 on: July 26, 2014, 07:04:22 AM »

a 20% crash is usually due to missing/incorrect classfiles (those with names consisting of numbers and letters, eg: F34B278I011ECD32)
most likely you've either missed a step, or placed a folder at the incorrect folder depth -
yes, best bet is to start again, follow it step by step, then let us know how it goes...
another tip at this point - it's not crucial to make any weapons or plane.properties entries at all - these are mainly for cosmetic appearances (as it displays in the menus) and the only entries that are essential to be made are those in the air.ini file.
so, before you make any additional edits, try it with only the air.ini entries and test, before making any further entries. air file is inside #SAS/STD/com/maddox/il2/objects/...

EngineerFalcon

« Reply #855 on: July 26, 2014, 07:27:42 AM »

so, before you make any additional edits, try it with only the air.ini entries and test, before making any further entries. air file is inside #SAS/STD/com/maddox/il2/objects/...
Whoops, alread reinstalled...

Well, it seems that I've made some progress. After reinstalling everything, it still crashed at 20% but I noticed that I left the original folders in the #SAS folder. Removing those folder and leaving only the 1956 one allow the game to load up to 95%, after that it hangs and stops responding.

I'll try to remove my weapons.properties and planes.properties edits and see if it works.

EDIT: Well, the STD file seems to cause the 20% crash... but now that means I'm missing the air.ini file...
I tried keeping only the folders that go to that file, but that also causes the 20% crash, so it can only be the INI itself...
I tried adding a

*              air.Placeholder
********************ACES              air.Placeholder
****************************************              air.Placeholder
*              air.Placeholder

before the 1956 aircraft entries as every other aircraft group had a similar thing, but it didn't change.

EDIT 2 : Well, removing my edits in the .properties files didn't work either.

SAS~Malone

• Editor
« Reply #856 on: July 26, 2014, 07:56:38 AM »

rather don't try adding anything other than the entries specifically stated. what you entered above shouldn't cause the crash, but it's best not to add it.
let's start from the beginning - first install the Engine Mod 2.7 by itself and test that it's working.
easiest way to check this is to go into  your controls, where you should find several new controls which you can assign keys for.
if you are at this point, and the game is working okay, then we can move to the next step.
so, for now, just check that the Engine Mod is working, and we can move on the Jetwar stuff..

SAS~Malone

• Editor
« Reply #857 on: July 26, 2014, 08:06:17 AM »

edit - i just read through your original post again, and noticed an important issue - you say you replaced the folder with the one from the hotfix?
if so, THIS IS WRONG - the hotfix files must replace those in the existing folder, so you must overwrite the previous files with those from the hotfix.
very important, this - and probably the reason for your problems...

EngineerFalcon

« Reply #858 on: July 26, 2014, 08:55:15 AM »

edit - i just read through your original post again, and noticed an important issue - you say you replaced the folder with the one from the hotfix?
if so, THIS IS WRONG - the hotfix files must replace those in the existing folder, so you must overwrite the previous files with those from the hotfix.
very important, this - and probably the reason for your problems...
Oh ok, I'll try this.

I also think I didn't install the Engine mod properly the first time, I've tried again and the new buttons do appear now.

EngineerFalcon

« Reply #859 on: July 26, 2014, 09:40:11 AM »

There, now it's working perfectly.

Thanks a lot for your help !!! :)

SAS~Malone

• Editor
« Reply #860 on: July 26, 2014, 10:01:07 AM »

great - happy flights! :D

FL2070

• Modder
  • FAC #87
« Reply #861 on: August 11, 2014, 02:48:22 PM »

How do I get buttons for 4.12.2m?
On average, the average average averages, averagely, the average average of all averages.

tarakanz

« Reply #862 on: August 16, 2014, 05:53:32 AM »

Hi. why in your pack does not have an English aircraft ?

SAS~Anto

• Aussie Bush Pilot
  • Editor
  • Retired from modding
« Reply #863 on: August 16, 2014, 09:41:32 AM »

Because we didn't make any :P
Pages: 1 ... 69 70 71 [72] 73 74 75 ... 95   Go Up

Page created in 0.085 seconds with 25 queries.