Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: It runs at 2560x1600  (Read 5025 times)

Maico

• Knight Knee Dragger
It runs at 2560x1600
« on: May 04, 2011, 02:58:39 AM »

Ok, I can allmost hear the SAS lynch mob gathering.  I went from I will never get this to playing it all the time in about 3 weeks.  I have just purchased a HP 30 inch monitor and I am in love. 
Here is last nights experience with COD.  I had set up a 4vs4 engagement before I left for Thailand.  I could not even get the aircraft to stay aloft much less kill something before I left.  A week in Thailand gave me time to think about tactics and CEM. I came back on monday hung over and tired but managed to reset my controls a little better.  Wow, are you ever busy in that 109 pit!  Flying proved to be too much for me in my state. 
  Tuesday I got home with a purpose.  I flew the mission about three times getting a kill here and a kill there and then It happened.  On my third attempt I was suddenly fighting three Spits on my own.  I kept booming and zooming from wavetop to about 300 meters.  I managed a good cannon and mg burst on one and left him to die.  Then the other two kept at me.  I got the best of the leader on a sort of head on pass.  He immediatly went wings level and I finished him off with the pea shooters. He crashed into the sea with me hot on his tail.  Bullet strikes on my wings told me I was in trouble.  I climbed away and then zoomed at the ground suddenly he appeared to my right.  As he passed in front of me I got a 90 degree deflection on him.  Soon I was on his tail and emptied my cannons into him. I watched him go down.  Then Mr.4 came out of nowhere and it was on.  With just my pea shooters to rely on it was hard earned, but a kill none the less.  Thoughout all this I did not burn the engine or over rev too much.  I landed somewhere in northen France and began doing the happy dance in my room.  I was near E on fuel and tottally out of ammo.  IRL I was also mentally exhausted after the fight.  Lessons learned:  109 fights vertical (I knew that) Prop pitch needs constant adjustment.  Keep and eye on the temps at all times. 
  I play with med settings except for (I think) objects on high.  8x AA and 8x AF.  SLI is disabled.  The game is beautifull. CEM is a handfull and my accuracy in this sim SUCKS.  But for once I managed to Kill 4 and stay alive.  Now I am sure it will take ages to duplicate this. 
  The brit birds swing to the left badly and it seems as thou trim does nothing to cure this.  I am not fond of them.  The 88 was a handfull before I left and I dont know if I can Manage two engines until I get better at this. 

SAS~Malone

• flying as #46 with the FAC
  • Editor
  • proud member of that 'other' site
Re: It runs at 2560x1600
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2011, 03:13:28 AM »

great to hear you're having good fun with CloD......err, i don't know about an SAS lynch mob, though.....can't understand why you feel you deserve one, but i guess i could rustle one up if you really want.... :D
i've decided to wait until i buy my next pc, which might be...oh, in about a year or so... :D
i've been looking so forward to this new-gen IL2 that i really don't want my first experience to be disappointing, so i'll wait until all the issues are sorted out, then hopefully i'll enjoy it to the MAX!!!  ;D 8)
.....taking fun seriously since 1968.....  8)

SAS~Anto

• Aussie Bush Pilot
  • Editor
  • Retired from modding
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2011, 10:25:03 PM »

My question is simply this: how the hell did you get the game to run well enough at that resolution so it was actually enjoyable???

Maico

• Knight Knee Dragger
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2011, 06:19:33 AM »

I built a new rig.
i7 950 3.06 @4.0Ghz
8 gigs GSKILL DDR3 1600
Asus P6X58D Premium 1366
EVGA 470 (Fermi)x2 in SLI
Intel 80GB SSD
Win 7 64
And I guess I am just lucky.   ;)

w

« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2011, 07:36:45 AM »

Maico- send screen caps - please-

"Trust but Verify."

- Ronald Reagan.

Maico

• Knight Knee Dragger
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2011, 11:00:31 PM »

Will do, I am at work atm but as soon as I get home today.  Where are the screenies kept in the game structure?  I would also like to make a movie but I am afraid that is beyond my capabilities. 

Maico

• Knight Knee Dragger
« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2011, 10:23:48 PM »

I am trying to figure out where the screen shots are kept in this sim.   Soon as I find them I will post. 

SAS~Magpie

• OAW Team
  • Viva la Revolucion!
    • Oceanic Wing
« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2011, 10:50:15 PM »

C:\Users\UserX\Documents\1C SoftClub\il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover\screenshots

Maico

• Knight Knee Dragger
« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2011, 05:25:21 AM »

Here are the screenies. 

Going In by marklopez996, on Flickr

You can see the ground through the hole...

Holes every where by marklopez996, on Flickr

Spit Hit by marklopez996, on Flickr

Fires look Good in this Sim

FIRE! by marklopez996, on Flickr

Maico

• Knight Knee Dragger
« Reply #9 on: May 08, 2011, 05:41:28 AM »

Here are some Full Size..

HURRIES IN THE FRAY by marklopez996, on Flickr
Hurricanes!!!!!

Reflections COD by marklopez996, on Flickr

StG77_HaDeS

• Character is destiny
  • SAS Honourable Member
  • Act quickly,think slowly
    • IL2 FREE Mods for the IL2 On-Line Community
« Reply #10 on: May 08, 2011, 07:33:37 AM »

Why am i not impressed..... :D

SAS~Anto

• Aussie Bush Pilot
  • Editor
  • Retired from modding
« Reply #11 on: May 08, 2011, 11:21:18 AM »

Why am i not impressed..... :D

Whilst it does look a fair bit sharper and the cockpit detail is a step up over Il-2, I agree, it isn't mind-blowing.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Page created in 0.064 seconds with 26 queries.