Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: A couple of mine  (Read 1609 times)

whiskee

A couple of mine
« on: May 03, 2011, 12:06:33 AM »

I am still learning and I cant afford an airbrush just yet, but I am happy with them. I am building a 1/72 warplanes of the axis collection. What should I build next? :D

norm

• I came, I saw, I lost my keys.
  • penut butter on rasin bread makes a tasty sandwich
Re: A couple of mine
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2011, 02:09:48 PM »

try to get spray cans of dull coat and gloss coat. when the model is nearly done, (minus windows, with openings like cockpit and landing gear bays masked off) spray the whole surface of the model with a few coats of gloss. then apply the decals, followed by one or two more coats of gloss. then use the dull coat to dull the model to the point where you want it.
the gloss coat makes decals (which are glossy) appear to have the same finish, and be painted on.
when you haveth money for an airbrush, get one, their great, this is a good starter one (I still use it.)
http://www.amazon.com/Aztek-A-2705-Starter-Airbrush/dp/B000BVL50M/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&s=toys-and-games&qid=1304453277&sr=8-6 (you will need a compressor, and you may want a water/dust trap, so the airbrush doesn't spit.)

SAS~Howlin

• Goat herder
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2011, 02:27:52 PM »

Great effort, i will point out though, that with patience, and some practice you can pretty much do almost anything an air brush can do, in 1/72 scale you will be very very closely matched, just takes practice.

Painted with a good ol brush.

sorry about the thread hijack there, and yes, 2 coats of gloss, followed by decalling using a setting solution i.e micorsol and micros set, then desired coats of matt in 1/72 will provide very nice finihish, bear in mind scale appearance and era of model and modern jet i would suggest a satin finish, but to each there own, what ever you feel looks best.

ANDYTOTHED

• Modder
  • angle computing gunsights
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2011, 02:30:55 PM »

holy crap mine are nowhere near as good as these, also I love my 109s my 141 and my f-100s

poy

• pic hunter !
  • support and reconaissance
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2011, 04:30:26 PM »

https://www.sas1946.rocks/images/imageshit/dead/dead.gif

omagawd, I love this one, if I find any courage, I'll ask it as a request  :D

whiskee

« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2011, 10:48:40 PM »

:)thanks very much. I probably could of thinned down the paints a little. I am very determined to get better. These are just a start/practice. I Have been doing hobbies since I was 5 ( I am now 27) Everything from model railroading, to r/c planes and nitro helis) I even had a saito steam powerd ship at one point and i have built dozens of models but i always just put them together quickly and played with them. Now I am actually trying to learn technique and build beautiful models. it just going to take time. I also still get too exited about seeing them come together and I start to rush.

I will be sticking with 1/72 for a while and I have 3 small children, so if i can get better with the brush I may hold out. Your models look fantastic!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.088 seconds with 27 queries.