Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Il-2 COD features reviews with screenshots (will update through time)  (Read 5959 times)

Chaoic16

• Modder

Hello everyone, I am going to post a review of IL-2 COD which covers menu, aircraft menu, weapon loading menu, and other menus for today.  I want to show you all what they look like so far.  After setting up my controls for IL-2 COD, it took me so long time because there is so many of interesting additional controls that is not offered in IL-2 1946.  After doing that, I went through all menu and is quite impressed how they added countless of many new features to IL-2 COD and I can see why it took them many years to develop this simulator.  This simulator is extremely complicated in development, is big leap from IL-2 1946, and this simulation have serious potentials, especially when their SDK and modding tools are released in near future.  I intent to stay unbiased about this simulator, I appreciate if any of you keep yourself cool and open-mind about IL-2 COD.  For now I have some plenty screenshots for this IL-2 COD and I will update this post and add more screenshots through time.  Anyway, I am going to post screenshots with description for each of them. Images are resized, click to view full size image:

Main Menu

They got very cool background for this menu and I am sure that menu will look more interesting when modders come up with new GUI style/theme for this IL-2 COD.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Realism Setting

They have customizable realism features as in IL-2 COD, similar to IL-2 COD which is good thing because you can customize the way you want IL-2 COD's world to be! 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Control Setting

All of controls are neatly in order and you can easily navigate through different control menus, making it easier for us to work configuring through controls.

This simulator/game even allow us to use any of our controls axis movement to be used for any of controls shown in screenshot for aircraft, vehicles, and turret gun separately, which is very useful.

Pilot Screen

IL-2 COD have a very interesting features where it allow you to fully customize how your pilot look like, from top to bottom!  You can even change their clothes, gears, their looking, this feature surprised me!  You even get to customize each pilot for different countries.  Can you imagine with modding aspect, there could be many more different gears, suits, and other items for pilot to use for different era?  Now that is very cool.

Aircraft Screen

You can do so many things to aircraft visually, besides just adding/removing decals.  You can even type your own number/letters an add them on your own aircraft, change the color these number/letters, especially adding any number of kill marks on these aircraft.  The most impressive features that I ever seen is weathering feature, where you can change their weathering visually and physically (which wears down the performance of engines and other equipments in aircraft based on the aging of aircraft.) 

You can create your own filter when you display list of aircraft (name/picture) in different various ways.

Weapon Load Screen

This is the most amazing features I have ever seen in my entire life of simming/games since the first time I had my own simulator/games in early 1990s.  This picture tells you thousands of words...

As shown in screenshot, there is countless way to customize your weapon load fully.  You are able to not only change the type machine gun/cannons for each gun station, you also can change their types of ammo and arrange their belting with any types of ammo.  They also allow you to change their machine gun/cannons Convergence horizontally and vertically for each of machine gun / cannons individually.  I spend a long time looking and flipping through weapon load features and I am going to spend alot of time customizing weapon loading for each aircraft in IL-2 COD.  This will be quite interesting time for me before I start my first flight in IL-2 COD.

When I start flying IL-2 COD and go through more features of IL-2 COD, i will take more screenshots and update this post through time.  if any of you have any more screenshots or features that I have not stated here, please add them in this threads.  I hope you all enjoy this thread.

Cheers!

To these who can't see picture above, I created photobucket photo album where any of you can surf through screenshots at this link bwlow, which is the same screenshot I posted above:

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v299/Eagle114th/IL-2%20Sturmovik%20Cliffs%20of%20Dover/

Chaoic out...

Chaoic16

• Modder
Re: Il-2 COD features reviews with screenshots (will update through time)
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2011, 10:13:53 AM »

eeerrrmmm... no single one of your screenies shows up on the forum  :-\

Please, better use photobucket. I was very interested in having a look...  :)

eeerrrmmm... no single one of your screenies shows up on the forum  :-\

Please, better use photobucket. I was very interested in having a look...  :)

+1

I added link to photobucket photo album at bottom of my first posts, please let me know if it work for both of you.

Chaoic out...

Chaoic16

• Modder
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2011, 12:14:41 PM »

Thanks for your effort to give an unusual insight view.
Let's all calm down a bit, there are lovers and and whatsoevers, stay on topic.
Can't we have an insight view without the usual clash,it's
Kindergarten stuff, really. I wanna see these pictures, Punkt, Ende.
Does it help if this Post gets locked before he posted all screenies?
I wanna See what's inside, what this topic stands for...

Thank you for your positive feedback and comments.  This is exactly my goal here, to show what is inside of IL-2 COD itself with positive insight views.

:)

Thanks Chaoic for the pics album  :)

I like the weapon selection screens with up to belting and ammo selection  8)

The only thing that worries me about CoD is that it seems it won't ever be fully modable... customization and constant revision and improvement by the USER is a key feature.

I am very glad to hear that you are able to view all screenshots in my photobucket album.  When I have more screenshots, I will add more pictures into that album while posting more pictures in my first post in this thread.

8)

Chaoic out...

RGA

« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2011, 02:03:05 PM »

Can someone who is (un)lucky enough to have COD at this moment write a short review about:
- Radio navigation
- Radar and GCI
- Runway traffic control
- Trigger and script in FMB

Thank you :D

Killer Ghost

• Jet Member
  • Oorah
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2011, 02:35:22 PM »

im verry intersted in reading a full review of cod and its a good idea chaoic.

_AUS_Salmo

« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2011, 11:38:52 PM »

Can someone who is (un)lucky enough to have COD at this moment write a short review about:
- Radio navigation
- Radar and GCI
- Runway traffic control
- Trigger and script in FMB

Thank you :D
There's some FMB/scripting info in the IL2: Sturmovic Battle of Britain section over at the Russian sukhoi forum, English translation HERE

Verhängnis

• Unofficial Heinkel Fan
  • Modder
« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2011, 04:05:01 AM »

Chaoic, do you know what control is to fire your gun, I only found one and set it to my Stick but it does nothing.

SAS~Storebror

• Editor
  • Taking a timeout
    • STFU
« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2011, 05:48:38 AM »

Thread cleaned as announced yesterday.
Does anybody still have problems seeing the images inside Chaoic16's first post?

Best regards - Mike
Don't split your mentality without thinking twice.

woofiedog

« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2011, 09:35:54 AM »

Thank's for the previews... wicked night screens and really like the new control menus with opitions for low level, dive bombing and high level. Although CoD is on my machine... it will have to wait for a new rig for the time being.  :'(

One question... are these menus for FMB or QMB?

Verhängnis

• Unofficial Heinkel Fan
  • Modder
« Reply #9 on: April 29, 2011, 04:51:26 AM »

Ah btw Mike I still can't see the pictures in the first post.

SAS~Storebror

• Editor
  • Taking a timeout
    • STFU
« Reply #10 on: April 29, 2011, 05:16:58 AM »

I've edited the first post and replaced the big screenshots with clickable smaller versions. Hope that helps.

Best regards - Mike
Don't split your mentality without thinking twice.

Verhängnis

• Unofficial Heinkel Fan
  • Modder
« Reply #11 on: April 29, 2011, 05:34:40 AM »

Ok that looks better.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.086 seconds with 26 queries.