Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down

Author Topic: B-25's additional cockpits & loadouts, air-to-ground gunners  (Read 23831 times)

Maty12

Re: B-25's additional cockpits & loadouts, air-to-ground gunners
« Reply #36 on: July 12, 2014, 10:42:07 AM »

I never tried that. I just love using the bendix turret. It makes an attack by fighters survivable in a B-25C, which is very important to me considering Yossarian's plane was a B-25C.

western0221

• Modder
  • Live in Japan
    • IL-2 itaki blog
« Reply #37 on: July 12, 2014, 10:50:05 AM »

i think the problem is that there is some newer missile code, essential for some jet weapons, which over-rides this mod.

No.
This problem came from Stock 4.12 new function "turrets checking visibility to the enemy".
Stock code doesn't assume that turrets shoot to ground objects.

It's a term I talked with Mike some weeks ago.

SAS~Malone

• flying as #46 with the FAC
  • Editor
  • proud member of that 'other' site
« Reply #38 on: July 12, 2014, 11:08:19 PM »

oh, okay thanks for that info western, i think i remember some of that discussion.
so you think it's possibly related to a new feature which was implemented in 4.11 patch, which i've only recently discovered, when you try to padlock an enemy unit (default F4) you now get a radio message saying 'roger' - basically, this new feature has made it so that the AI 'reads' the padlock as if it is you pointing out the enemy to them.
although this feature may sound nice, for players like myself, who like to use the padlock feature purely for my own purposes, it's a real pita, and i'd like to see this feature removed.
possibly it is part of the same code changes that have caused this AI behavior change.
what's the bet it'll probably mess up the ability to padlock ships  again, seeing as all these padlock features seem unable to exist independently, but i'm actually willing to sacrifice that ability if we can disable this new feature entirely - in any give mission, not only is it irritating to hear them acknowledging every time i padlock enemy targets - not only is the message irritating, but it interferes with mission play as well - i can no longer padlock an enemy plane without it causing one of my AI buddies to divert from his current task to come and attack my target, when all i am wanting to do, is quietly keep my eyes on this plane.
that might have been a mouthful - i hope you follow what i mean... :D

here is the thread where i first discussed this issue: https://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/topic,41250.msg463529.html#msg463529
i don't think its such a great idea to request TD to undo some new 'feature' they just added, but personally, i can't stand this feature, and would love it if it could be eliminated from my game.
i believe i'm not alone in this - in a minority, maybe - but not alone, lol :D
.....taking fun seriously since 1968.....  8)

Maty12

« Reply #39 on: July 13, 2014, 07:51:23 AM »

You know what's weird? The gunners on the AI aircraft shoot at the ground targets, but mine don't.

western0221

• Modder
  • Live in Japan
    • IL-2 itaki blog
« Reply #40 on: November 25, 2017, 08:38:08 PM »

Hi.

With my latest Engine MOD 2.8.1w on 24th/Nov./2017 published here ....
https://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/topic,52489.0.html

This Twister's B-25 mod becomes to be able to work without Java Exception errors on 4.12.2m based games, AI gunners come again.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up

Page created in 0.09 seconds with 25 queries.