Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: CloD Vickers Wellington  (Read 7959 times)

benitomuso

• SAS Team
  • P.A.L.
Re: CloD Vickers Wellington
« Reply #12 on: April 12, 2011, 10:34:49 AM »

Yes,
            perhaps with the 7168 GPUs that the Tianhe-1A has inside the Cliffs of Dover could perform reasonably.

But out of any joke: the graphic engine they created is much worst than the Java based IL-2 and light years behind of Birs of Prey.

Everybody in Russia have amazing computers?

My first impression is that the game was a waste of effort.

Cheers,
                  Pablo

kapteeni

• Modder
« Reply #13 on: April 12, 2011, 10:41:33 AM »

If ya go to IC forums, You'll find SFS tools link there... I manged to extract all the files. Even planes.. And since it is on IC official forum, it is easy to find.
With first ever mod made by the keketys (famous modder from ARMA forums too,,) you can make CoD run better. I believe that there will be some other mods soon....
If this message is against SAS rules, which i doubt because as i wrote earlier that i found it at IC forums. Please remove this.

=AFJ=Jamz

« Reply #14 on: April 12, 2011, 11:02:59 AM »

Yeah, dont know about you guys, but CoD runs pretty smooth on my not-so-great system after some tweaking :)

Haters gonna hate I guess ;)

I dont hate at all..just stating a fact

LuseKofte

« Reply #15 on: April 12, 2011, 11:16:26 AM »

I belive it must be related to my 2 nvida geoforce gtx 480 cards sli. maby ati cards isnt the best choise on this game. All thow my game run smooth I would say it is not worthy an upgrade on your pc. I like to fly in it, and I have made myself a mission. I will eventually find out how to make campaign`s on it. But I enjoy IL2 much more. This is a game without any features decide very nice pits and 3d work in a very limited amount of planes. If This comunety could crack it  and we got the support of this site with all the wounderful mods it would be playable.
It got very good damage models but the effects are horrible. If you crash in water all you see is 4 small splashes, on ground a little fire. the hits are bearly noticeable. The muzzleflames from barrels are a disaster. Hope my bad english is readable.

Avala

• Modder
« Reply #16 on: April 13, 2011, 09:53:12 PM »

Clod working or not, this is great video!

Biltongbru, did you desaturate colors in post editing, and if so, in what degree?

And, another question, does Lyubimov have some website of his? I cant find any.

Biltongbru

• SAS Honourable Member
« Reply #17 on: April 13, 2011, 11:42:14 PM »

Clod working or not, this is great video!

Biltongbru, did you desaturate colors in post editing, and if so, in what degree?

And, another question, does Lyubimov have some website of his? I cant find any.

Thanks Avala  :)

1) Post editing colour correction recipe (hehe  :)  ):
Desaturate with +- 40%
Reduce green a bit
Add a bit of white soft glow (Sony filter)
Add a bit of medium brown tint

2) a Russian internet friend arranged with Luybimov to compose the 5min piece for the CoD trailer I made for Oleg. I have no contact with Luybimov but will try to establish. Lyubimov is apparently a Judge in Russia and the composition of music is his hobby.

Avala

• Modder
« Reply #18 on: April 14, 2011, 08:59:42 AM »

I asked because IMO they looking more convincing that way than straight from the game. At least to me. I'm making some textures (nothing with Clod) so maybe I will use the same heavy desaturated recipe  :)

Interesting that the man is a judge, I also have neighbor and friend who is very serious judge during the week, but on the weekends he is drunk (but also very good) musician  :)

slipcork

• slipcork
  • " It's what's inside a man that he fears."
« Reply #19 on: April 16, 2011, 12:58:28 PM »

The game looks beautiful 4 people that can run it.
4 me though, the idea of spending 1000s for a new computer
to fight the BoB ad infinitum is a non-starter.
I guess I'll wait a few years until other theaters are included.

Yo fly,TigerDirect has an Asus M4A79XTD EVO motherboard and a AMD Phenom X4 955 combo for $229.00 add 4gigs of ddr 3 for another $49.00 and for $300.00 usd she'll be purring like a kitten.Just up-graded myself and I am thrilled.

Chaoic16

• Modder
« Reply #20 on: April 27, 2011, 11:04:03 AM »

People,
               can you offer some advice about how to tweak this game?

I'm running it in my Dual Core 8400 with 4Gb and a decent ATI DDR5 card and it is unplayable.

I added the kegettys modactivator, etc., but it is a dissaster. At least Birds of Prey, with its many realism problems was much better regarding graphical ang gaming performance.

What a hell is required to make Cliffs of Dover operate decently?

Thanks.

If you are still having problem with performance, please check this link:

(Performance threads )
http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/forumdisplay.php?f=195

You will find alot answers there and I hope this will lead you into tweaking your IL-2 COD until it is flyable for you.

Chaoic out...

benitomuso

• SAS Team
  • P.A.L.
« Reply #21 on: April 27, 2011, 01:50:05 PM »

Thank you for your reply Chaoic,

I will take a look, but I see ClOD as far of being a Novel Price as Einstein at age 10. I really don't want to investigate 20 hours with different things to gain 5 fps in the counter, it will still suck.

The last patch helped a little, but it is not something close to work normally so it could "deserve" a fine tunning.

In a couple of words: I don't want to loose my time with a game that never game any joy at all.

Regards,
                             Pablo
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.07 seconds with 27 queries.