Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 ... 33   Go Down

Author Topic: Light in the IL2 by carsmaster  (Read 158799 times)

SAS~CirX

• R.I.P.
  • SAS Honourable Member
  • No Zips, Only Buttons
Re: Light in the IL2 (beta)
« Reply #72 on: April 06, 2011, 06:07:53 AM »

Skipper, you guys are doing a great work! This will be very cool, especialy when the bigger skins can be used! :)

Avala

• Modder
« Reply #73 on: April 06, 2011, 07:31:57 AM »

There are two files that are important for planes in this mater. Those are "Gloss1D0o.mat" and "Glass2.mat". They can be open and edited with notepad or wordpad.

"Gloss1D0o.mat" determines the "look" and the light of the plane's body, while "Glass2.mat" determines the same for the canopies and other glass parts.

Both has the same parameters, and the most important for this mod would be:

[LightParams]
  Ambient 0.75
  Diffuse 1.25
  Specular 0.4
  SpecularPow 10
  Shine 0.0

- Ambient is the visibility of the object,if the number is higher the plane is brighter, and if the number is lower the plane is darker.

- Diffuse does the same for the colors on the object. You can see that I set Ambient 0.75 and Diffuse 1.25, and in that way make plane more contrasted.

- Specular  defines a planes shininess, the biger number the more intensive "light", and vice versa.

- SpecularPow usually stands for specular power, but as I know so far that is "specular" in IL2, while SpecularPow determines the size of the specular light. The bigger the size, the area will be smaller on the plane, If it is too small looks funny because of the low polygon count of the planes in IL2, therefore depends from plane to plane.

- Shine determines the emitting light of the object, if you want the plane (or the canopy) to be more visible during night. I didn't see any difference during the day.

Can be made in dll some sort of filter that could pre-proces the textures (according to their mat files)? Maybe if some kind of list could be written in dll? In that way we could even have maybe "bloom".

We have already texture sizes 2048x2048 as BumpH files for textures in the maps, but nobody used them. With properly done Bump texture, the "main" texture can be only splat of color, nothing more, and to look even the better, for example. We already can have maps very different than today, but problem is that people just like IL2 style maps (yellow and flat) and don't want too see something different (or even more realistic).

SAS~Tom2

• SAS Honourable Member
  • no sweat
« Reply #74 on: April 06, 2011, 07:32:12 AM »

Is it mandatory to use( your) Avala's planeshine mod to benefit from this thing-and could someone be so firendly to post a link to the thread with his latest version if so?

I'm looking much forward to test the latest version of this fantastic mod this evening.

Cheers! :)

Avala

• Modder
« Reply #75 on: April 06, 2011, 07:39:47 AM »

I think that it is not mandatory, and it is not even the good solution. But it has good collection of the relevant mat files for the planes. Hopefully Skipper and Carsmaster will find some easier, more "automatic" way.

Here is one version. I cant remember which one  :D

https://www.mediafire.com/?ffm0v8dv11ksbfc#2

StG77_HaDeS

• Character is destiny
  • SAS Honourable Member
  • Act quickly,think slowly
    • IL2 FREE Mods for the IL2 On-Line Community
« Reply #76 on: April 06, 2011, 09:07:51 AM »

We already can have maps very different than today, but problem is that people just like IL2 style maps (yellow and flat) and don't want too see something different (or even more realistic).

How can you be so sure about what people like? Do you have an example of a map so we can see the difference?
IMHO IL2's players want to have more realism in maps.

SAS~Tom2

• SAS Honourable Member
  • no sweat
« Reply #77 on: April 06, 2011, 09:12:42 AM »

Avala: Thank you Sir!  :)

HaDeS: Confirmed! The more immersion the more we forget it's in a virtual world. Good for phantasy and mind. :)
TBH, the new IL-2 maps I found here, Avala'sa redko's, Agracier's, Mixxx's-the list is long have created the biggest theatre sim immersion I have seen so far.
My 2 cents as fan, carry on..

stranger

« Reply #78 on: April 06, 2011, 09:47:49 AM »

We already can have maps very different than today, but problem is that people just like IL2 style maps (yellow and flat) and don't want too see something different (or even more realistic).

How can you be so sure about what people like? Do you have an example of a map so we can see the difference?
IMHO IL2's players want to have more realism in maps.

+1
we want volcanoes.

shardana

« Reply #79 on: April 06, 2011, 11:12:45 AM »

this is strange indeed, I try to open the file clicking on it and expecting "open with...." option but I get not this possibility.... strange...

StG77_HaDeS

• Character is destiny
  • SAS Honourable Member
  • Act quickly,think slowly
    • IL2 FREE Mods for the IL2 On-Line Community
« Reply #80 on: April 06, 2011, 11:17:46 AM »

Just drag and drop it, don't you read?

shardana

« Reply #81 on: April 06, 2011, 11:49:08 AM »

Hi hades i tryed but where on earth am i supposed to find notepad icon so i can drag and drop the .mat file?

Uufflakke

• Modder
« Reply #82 on: April 06, 2011, 11:53:53 AM »

this is strange indeed, I try to open the file clicking on it and expecting "open with...." option but I get not this possibility.... strange...

Start--> All Programs--> Accessories--> Notepad--> File--> Open--> and select the file you want to open...  ;)
"The Best Things In Live Aren't Things"

shardana

« Reply #83 on: April 06, 2011, 12:19:32 PM »

Yessssssssss thank's uufflakke!!!
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 ... 33   Go Up

Page created in 0.079 seconds with 22 queries.