Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 6   Go Down

Author Topic: Moscow Map  (Read 20092 times)

w

Moscow Map
« on: January 27, 2011, 05:20:02 PM »

8)

Edit by Gerax:
Phlegaton: I have merged your two Moscow Map request topics .
So this is the one Moscow Map topic now.

Pursuivant

Re: A Complete Moscow Map?
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2011, 06:20:30 PM »

There was, and possibly still is, a project for a 1941/42 Moscow map at Aviaskins. Last I checked, there were no custom objects and it wasn't populated, though.

GerritJ9

« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2011, 11:38:31 AM »

I have assembled the Aviaskins Moscow map using the files posted in the topic, but it is at best a pre-alpha map- no roads, bridges, buildings etc. at all apart from those on the actors.static I borrowed from another map. Seems there has been no published work on this map for about 6 months. The area selected is good, very good indeed from an historical viewpoint so here's hoping it will be completed some day.

GerritJ9

« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2011, 04:36:15 PM »

The necessary files can all be found in the Aviaskins topic with the exception of the load.ini and actors.static, so you can easily download them yourself :) http://forum.aviaskins.com/showthread.php?t=552

Pursuivant

« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2011, 05:56:12 PM »

The necessary files can all be found in the Aviaskins topic with the exception of the load.ini and actors.static, so you can easily download them yourself.

I checked out that thread. The map seems very rough and is unlikely to be finished anytime soon. It would almost be simpler to just use the Aviaskins thread for historical research (lots of good downloads of period Russian and German maps) and start from scratch.

Moscow might be more challenging than some maps, though, because to do it right you'll need a lot of custom objects - the Kremlin, Red Square and lots of other historic landmarks.

mandrill

• Modder
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2011, 10:28:55 PM »

The area is huge. Moscow itself would take an immense amount of work, particularly with custom objects. Only the area to the west of Moscow is relevant to the actual fighting, unless you wish to do a PVO campaign or a "what if".

I have been working on the area to the west of the subject area of the Moscow map for months and the beta will probably be ready in a few weeks.

In short, a vast amount of work for an area of limited importance.

And that leaves aside the issue of fps drag over an object-rich area such as a mega city.

Morpheus

« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2011, 11:52:43 AM »

1. Complete Moscow MapI did. And it actually very crude beta
2. The project is closed by me definitively how not to recognize difficult it. A map necessary, for fight modeling for Moscow (operation the Typhoon)
3. It is ready to give materials available for me and the information, to that who will decide to finish this project

Yours faithfully

RGA

« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2011, 01:34:28 PM »

Landing on Sherementievo last year and Moscow is one of the biggest and most beautiful cities, seen from the air at least.

SAS~Poltava

• Avid FMB user
  • SAS Honourable Member
  • Help Ukraine fight
    • Check out my modded campaigns
« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2011, 03:00:13 PM »

The area is huge. Moscow itself would take an immense amount of work, particularly with custom objects. Only the area to the west of Moscow is relevant to the actual fighting, unless you wish to do a PVO campaign or a "what if".

I have been working on the area to the west of the subject area of the Moscow map for months and the beta will probably be ready in a few weeks.

In short, a vast amount of work for an area of limited importance.

And that leaves aside the issue of fps drag over an object-rich area such as a mega city.

Thats GREAT news! Keep it up!
You want to give financial support to a front line Ukraine unit fighting the Russian invaders? Paypal kyivragnarock@gmail.com

w

« Reply #9 on: April 25, 2011, 03:52:06 PM »

Poltava, I will help any way I can, adding roads, trees etc

Between December 4th and 6th 1941, Russian Police, farmers and an anti tank crew reported observing
3 German Horchs and another unidentified armored vehicle with large antenna in a small
development that is today called ( Lapino ) west of the river reka Medvenka -
a low level unidentified German twin motor aircraft was circling above , then went south.

Upon reporting this to military authorities in Moscow they were told they told
they were lost and they actually saw the Germans in Zvenigorod.

Zvenigorod was radioing Moscow that small German units were near or possibly in parts of Zvenigorod which is 63 Km from the Red Square
 but there was no way the Germans were in the area called Lapino today which is 35 Km from Red Square.

A suppressed report made available in 1999 mentioned civilians reporting Germans in an area called Lukino today, which is 28 Km
from Red Square. Russian AA Crews in an area in Moscow called Pobedy Park today said they opened fire on Bf 110's during the 1st week of December.

Greif11

• Modder
  • Salty??....Just taste it
« Reply #10 on: March 25, 2012, 03:27:53 PM »

How project of Moskow map runs at moment You can Look here http://dispersalfield.ru/main/index.php/topic,696.0.html
I work on Moskow objekts Textures (Kremlin and so on)And we start another topick for Moskow objects http://dispersalfield.ru/main/index.php/topic,733.0.html
Just what you need is Google translator If  needed any special comments send PM and ask for .

BRGDS Andrew

Whiskey_Sierra_972

• Modder
  • In memory of my beloved hero: Saburo SAKAI!
« Reply #11 on: March 25, 2012, 03:30:52 PM »

Amazingly speachless!!!
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 6   Go Up

Page created in 0.079 seconds with 21 queries.