Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Three WIP Campaigns in the pipeline  (Read 6162 times)

SAS~Poltava

• Avid FMB user
  • SAS Honourable Member
  • Help Ukraine fight
    • Check out my modded campaigns
Three WIP Campaigns in the pipeline
« on: January 15, 2011, 05:09:48 AM »

Like many others I'm waiting and hoping for that next MOD pack, that will merge 4.10 with all those wonderful mods that brought me back to this game.

In the meanwhile I have been working on a number of campaigns, and the following three ones are for all intents and purposes finished. But I have decided to hold them back until we get modded 4.10, so I can upgrade them to this new standard. And then release them.

The campaigns are as follows:

BLOODY BISCAY

A 15-mission semi-historical campaign using Agraciers Biscay map, where you start out flying the Arado 196, and then gets transferred to V/KG 40, flying Maraz's Ju 88C6 daytime long range fighter. This is your chance to participate in the Battle for the Atlantic! You will fight Wellingtons, Beaufighters and Sunderlands (well, HK8's in RAF skins), even Bostons, B-17's and P-38's. And yes, you will participate in that infamous mission that led to the shooting down of the DC-3 with Leslie Howard. You will protect U-boats going in and going out, look for Allied patrols and participate in the battle for a blockade breaking ship from Asia, trying to reach port.

HIGH ABOVE THE KHALKIN-GOL

A 14-mission semi-historical campaign, set in June - July1939, the second phase of that vicious border battle between Japan and the USSR. You are an experienced Soviet Fighter pilot, just back from the fighting in Spain, rushed to the scene with your comrades, to help fight the skilful and dangerous Japanese air units. I've made it mainly because I think that Mixx's new Khalkin-Gol map is such a marvel. (To play it you will also need the Ki-51 by SAS_Skipper, which really rounds out the arsenal of your Japanese apponents in this battle.)

JET NIGHTFIGHTER

A 6-mission semi-historical campaign where you get to fly GJE 52's Me 262 Nachtjäger, as a member of "Kommando Welter", the only that used that type operationally. The time is 1945. The Me-262 was actually often too fast for the ordinary RAF bombers like the Lancaster, so the main task of "Kommando Welter" was hunting those fast RAF Mosquitos that appeared over The Reich practically every night, performing pure nuisance raids. But you will also go up against a couple of big RAF night raids, meeting mainly Lancasters. In one (what-if) mission you will fly the multi-purpose version of the Arado 234 Blitz. So this is an all-jet campaign.

If anyone is interested in doing a bit of playtesting of these three above (they of course run under modded 4.09) just drop me a PM.  :)

A fourth campaign ,that is REALLY a WIP, is one showing the Polish Campaign from the Polish side, and for once using a map of the actual terrain as well:

I'm of course talking about Uzin's upcoming map over Poland and East Prussia, and the campaign will be completely finished once Uzins map is done. You will fly the PZL P.11c, but in one mission you use the RWD-8. In the campaign Ranwers PZL.37 Los will also see action! (And if the PZL.23b Karas will appear, I will of course include that one too.) You will meet a variety of Luftwaffe opponents, not just the standard Stukas, Heinkel 111's and Bf 110's but also early marks of the Bf109, the Henschel 123 and even the Heinkel 45.

Thanks for looking!

You want to give financial support to a front line Ukraine unit fighting the Russian invaders? Paypal kyivragnarock@gmail.com

Kwiatek

Re: Three WIP Campaigns in the pipeline
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2011, 08:10:18 AM »

Really there is upcoming Poland map ?  It would be great for September 39 campain.

We actually got new P-11 ( new DM, FM ), Karas, Los and we will have eary 109 C,D and E-1 from 39 , 110 C-1 from 39 - all with new historical FM's.

SAS~Poltava

• Avid FMB user
  • SAS Honourable Member
  • Help Ukraine fight
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2011, 08:47:27 AM »

Yes, by Uzin. See here: https://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/topic,8020.0.html

I have been using beta version for my upcoming  September 39 campaign, and the map is VERY promising, I can assure you that!
You want to give financial support to a front line Ukraine unit fighting the Russian invaders? Paypal kyivragnarock@gmail.com

RealDarko

• Modder
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2011, 10:46:04 AM »

Poltava I'm really interested in the first two campaigns and will like to try the Bloody Biscay campaign. Have you tought adding the Ju88As-17? The Ju88 with floats? That will be a nice addition.

andrey65

« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2011, 11:00:06 AM »

Poltava! I envy you - the ability to work with!
This will be an excellent campaign!

SAS~Poltava

• Avid FMB user
  • SAS Honourable Member
  • Help Ukraine fight
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2011, 11:16:13 AM »

Andrey - thank you! You are doing nice work too!

RealDarko - no, I haven't thought about it. Fun idea! I will look into it!

Batbomb

• Modder
« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2011, 01:04:57 PM »

Poltava, I á few polish skins. Do you want them?

SAS~Poltava

• Avid FMB user
  • SAS Honourable Member
  • Help Ukraine fight
« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2011, 02:23:20 PM »

But of course! TIA!

How do we go about to zap them over?

Phas3e

• Skinner
  • Skinner
« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2011, 01:09:31 AM »

IF you looking for skins to be made feel free to ask at A&A :)

http://axis-and-allies-paintworks.com/forum/index.php
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups - George Carlin

stockplane

« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2011, 12:00:35 PM »

Great news Poltava, you are the best in offline campaign. If is possible and. of course, if you want make for Poland two campaign one for Polish and one for German. Thanks for all.

slipper

• Modder
« Reply #10 on: January 19, 2011, 04:47:30 AM »

Great news Poltava, there might even be a Do-17p and z available. Ranwers is doing some great work at the moment on these.

cheers

slipper

SAS~Poltava

• Avid FMB user
  • SAS Honourable Member
  • Help Ukraine fight
« Reply #11 on: January 22, 2011, 03:15:30 AM »

When Ranwers Do-17 arrives it will be a GREAT day! I will redo several campaigns, just to use it. A badly needed aircraft.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.064 seconds with 24 queries.