Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9   Go Down

Author Topic: TUNISIA '43 campaigns W.I.P.  (Read 34408 times)

FlatSpinMan

Re: TUNISIA '43 campaigns W.I.P.
« Reply #48 on: January 30, 2011, 05:58:18 AM »

Phew. Very sorry for not being in touch for so long. Thanks to KiwiBiggles and Mick for providing helpful info. Many thanks to those who have posted such kind comments, too.

I'm afraid I have very little to report - real life plus my old, rediscovered pass time of reading have taken over my freetime. Then the news of Cliffs of Dover was announced and I had to read every single word online about it, even though most of the opinion is pure speculation. I even started playing a few BOB campaigns but my conscience kept bothering me - plus I wanted to try some more full on action. This Tunisia campaign has so much happening in it. I just need to push on and finish the damned thing! Think we'll start with the LW 109 version before the Allied one.

My original idea of having multiple variants of every mission may go out the window - it takes a lot of time - but the basicplan remains unchanged.
MrO - I have just downloaded the new textures in the 4.09 link. I'll give them a try in a moment. Many thanks for making them available for 4.09 too.

verte

« Reply #49 on: February 08, 2011, 05:58:28 AM »

I have to ask, flatspinman, will Herr Jedermann be making an appearance in this?
I've named my Il-2 profile "Willy Jedermann" in veneration for FlatSpinMan campaigns, I'm playing any other campaign as Jedermann :)

jooooo

« Reply #50 on: February 12, 2011, 03:24:21 PM »

Hello to the whole world!! I am a novice in in these topics: I have this campaign but only I can fly with the bf 109E. I have the last version of the map of tunez.he well-read this post often but I do not manage to solve it.
 I have IL2 1946 4.09m UP 2.01 and also 4.10m.

A greeting and thank you very much

Mick

• Modder
« Reply #51 on: February 13, 2011, 12:40:18 AM »

I have this campaign but only I can fly with the bf 109E.

Welcome aboard jooooo, well the thing is you simply cannot have this campaign since FlatSpinMan is still in the making process ...

Nothing except screenies has publically been released yet ...  ;)

CWMV

• Kalashnikov connoisseur
  • Modder
  • A free people ought to be armed and disciplined.
« Reply #52 on: February 13, 2011, 01:14:55 AM »

Perhaps referring to 'Luftwaffe pilot, Afrika!'
That campaign really taught me to like the Emil. Too bad the maps so damn hot I can barely push 80% throttle without overheating!

Mick

• Modder
« Reply #53 on: February 13, 2011, 01:26:15 AM »

... no problem CWMV, since the AI cheat and never overheat, change the temp in the load.ini or fly at night ...  ;D

CWMV

• Kalashnikov connoisseur
  • Modder
  • A free people ought to be armed and disciplined.
« Reply #54 on: February 13, 2011, 02:24:49 AM »

I just use Sani's hot AI engine mod, works pretty dang well. Very noticeable difference.

FlatSpinMan

« Reply #55 on: February 13, 2011, 03:52:57 AM »

Whoa, thanks a lot, verte. I did that for a while too. Anyway, afraid it's not a Jedermann campaign but the feel is still very much the same.

I have to ask, flatspinman, will Herr Jedermann be making an appearance in this?
I've named my Il-2 profile "Willy Jedermann" in veneration for FlatSpinMan campaigns, I'm playing any other campaign as Jedermann :)

FlatSpinMan

« Reply #56 on: February 13, 2011, 03:55:48 AM »

Hi jooooo,
 As Mick suggested, maybe you have downloaded Afrika!, a campaign for the 109 E? I'm still working on this Tunisia on but making some progress at the moment. This campaign, when finished, will be for the 109 G4 Trop. I use the same installation as you, UP2.01 4.09, so you have no worries about installing and playing the campaign when it finally comes out.

Hello to the whole world!! I am a novice in in these topics: I have this campaign but only I can fly with the bf 109E. I have the last version of the map of tunez.he well-read this post often but I do not manage to solve it.

FlatSpinMan

« Reply #57 on: February 13, 2011, 03:59:40 AM »

Hey again CWMV
about overheating, on a desert map I think it's fair enough to turn off Overheating in the difficulties option. I tend not to but some campaign makers recommend it for the very reason you mentioned. I don't find it a big problem in general though. I usually fly with radiator  set to 2 (whatever that means) and, if there's not much happening will open up to 4, or even full open for a few minutes, even in a dogfight if I have managed to escape my attacker and gain some separation. I also try and keep the throttle below 80% most of the time, then when in combat I go to 90-95%, 100% if I want to killed or avoid being killed. And when strafing.

FlatSpinMan

« Reply #58 on: February 13, 2011, 04:03:53 AM »

Forgot to post the pictures!
If nothing else, this campaign will LOOK great, thanks to the Axis and Allies skinners. They really are a very talented bunch.
NB, these missions take place on the MTO map. For a few mission I couldn't find  suitable spot on the Tunisia one as it mainly covers the northern area, so I found some places that align quite well with reality (except that the entire area is rotated the wrong way - a mere detail.) These pics are taken from the battle at Medinine. LOOOTS of ground action happening.

jooooo

« Reply #59 on: February 13, 2011, 09:24:33 AM »

Hi jooooo,
 As Mick suggested, maybe you have downloaded Afrika!, a campaign for the 109 E? I'm still working on this Tunisia on but making some progress at the moment. This campaign, when finished, will be for the 109 G4 Trop. I use the same installation as you, UP2.01 4.09, so you have no worries about installing and playing the campaign when it finally comes out.

FlatSpinMan Hi, as you say I have installed Pilot Luftwaffe Afrika! Nothing just have to wait to be finished. a greeting and thank you very much!!
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9   Go Up

Page created in 0.084 seconds with 28 queries.