Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: no "Flyby"  (Read 8252 times)

edc1

Re: no "Flyby"
« Reply #12 on: July 06, 2015, 09:38:35 AM »

Hi Decipher,
I was thinking of buying a sound card instead of using the in built one, Can you recommend a good one? (not to pricey)
My system is an Intel Core I7-4790K 4.00GHz processor with a GA -Z97X gaming 7motherboard, 16MB memory using Windows 8.1.
Cheers edc1 (stan)

edc1

« Reply #14 on: July 06, 2015, 12:26:43 PM »

Hi Mick,
Thanks for the info.
How can you tell which one will handle the 64 sounds at the same time required to allow tigers flyby sounds?
as my internal sound chip can only  handle 32
Cheers edc1 (stan)

decipher

• Missioneer
« Reply #15 on: July 06, 2015, 05:09:07 PM »

to be honest, i wouldn't know what to recommend really. Mick's recommendations might be just fine. personally i am using my onboard sound for gaming and i have a special soundcard for professional audio-production that is not really useful for gaming.

i think (someone please correct me if i am totally wrong with this!) the bigger problem is the il-2 audioengine itself. it was made for directX7 on windows XP. back then there was a built-in audio hardware acceleration for directX.
this was removed in windows 7 (and 8, 8.1) and replaced with more modern stuff.

i remember that mick linked to a special audio device java classfile that seems to fix the resetting sound channels (this works for me with my onboard soundcard too):

https://www.mediafire.com/download/5ey83am83529l4q/24F1DC2A4AD9FA76

now on a sidenote: i can hear tigers flyby sounds perfectly fine with my onboard soundcard in CUP, even when i set my il-2 sound to 32 channels and 22050hz. it all just works. guess i am lucky :)

edc1

« Reply #16 on: July 07, 2015, 09:07:30 AM »

Hi Decipher,
Thanks for the info have downloaded the java file, but
where did you install it and how, I have no knowledge
o n  programming
Many thanks
edc1 (stan)

decipher

• Missioneer
« Reply #17 on: July 07, 2015, 05:06:44 PM »

ah. sorry. depends which package you play. example: if you want this to be used in CUP - WAW -> put the file in a folder (any name... "soundfile" or something)... and put this folder in #waw folder.

so the file structure for this example would be "your il-2 folder/#WAW/soundfile/24F1DC2A4AD9FA76"

edc1

« Reply #18 on: July 09, 2015, 07:29:06 AM »

Hi Decipher,
Once again many thaks for the last info post,
installed the file ,but no difference in the sound flyby
and my config file reverted back to sound=3 after changing it to sound=4.
Just have to buy a sound card as my inbuilt sound chip can not handle 64 sounds at the same time.
Many thanks
edc1 (stan)

blackshark

« Reply #19 on: July 10, 2015, 12:56:34 AM »

Flyby=0 its normal aircraft sound, it might sound good because its still tigers sounds but its not flyby, you will recognise flyby instantly by distinct echoing roar.

first of all a big thank you to all members who replied for your suggestions, i tried all of them but without any result, if flyby entry=1 no engine sound (in other words, if i press F3 i can hear guns sound but not engine sound ).

my only option if flyby=0; well i have never heard tiger's flyby but i have to say that i found good the sound of flyby=0 ... i find it better than "stock" 4.12.2 sound and better than "clean" hsfx sound.
but i do not understand one thing, you say that "it is still tigers sounds" ...? 

Chupacabras84

« Reply #20 on: July 10, 2015, 06:16:00 AM »

When you press f3, what you hear is sound of an aircraft engine flying by camera.
Since tiger created this sound mod, all engine sounds that you hear are created by tiger.

Now, tigers flybys is some special kind of sound that is created using some advanced witchcraft by approximately 20 Baba Yagas flying in mortars over pentagon screeching "Bring Bush Back!" and "Obama go Home!".
I really dont know how Tigers did it but from what I understood its different sound altogether playing when you press F3.

While tigers engine sounds are really good, his flybys are so lifelike that if you put speakers on window and have escadrille fly by in game, you can have a few cheap laughs by having people break their necks trying to see that low passing armada in a clear blue sky.
Five years old movie but explains the point rather well.

Mick

• Modder
« Reply #21 on: July 10, 2015, 07:17:50 AM »

... well Tiger used the samples he's been gathering for years, most of them recorded at airshows ...

Some planes, like the Bf109 for ex use several flyby sounds (7 if my memory doesn't fail me) so that you don't get bored ...  ;)

Chupacabras84

« Reply #22 on: July 10, 2015, 07:50:00 AM »

No wonder it so freaking awesome.
Personally, I consdier his sound mod to be the most important mod in my IL2 install.
Almost weird TD didnt approach him yet to adapt his mod into the official patch, if anything should be adapted its this mod, just to show people bliss we've experienced for the past 6 years.

Mick

• Modder
« Reply #23 on: July 10, 2015, 10:24:35 AM »

... I totally agree with you, amigo, that's mainly why I still only use a 4.09m version of the game ...!  :P

Not only DT, but also BoS devs don't have a clue what they are missing ...!

Here, Tiger's totally new sound mod video for BoS ...

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up

Page created in 0.069 seconds with 28 queries.