Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down

Author Topic: no "Flyby"  (Read 8240 times)

blackshark

Re: no "Flyby"
« Reply #24 on: July 10, 2015, 01:16:16 PM »

well, i noticed that on my HSFX 7.02 install there is, in the JSGME, the "Tiger's flyby" mod; i activated it and it works fine .... ahhh now i can hear the tiger flyby too in hsfx 7.02 :-) ... BUT ...

- if i can hear the flyby with hsfx it means that my hw can support it ... but  i tried all your suggestion without success ... so what else could i check/try ?

- is there a way to "import" in my CUP installation the "tiger's flyby" mod that i can activates under JSGME in my HSFX 7.02 ?? i am not expert in that but maybe i can "copy" it (but i do not know what and how) from JSGME in my hsfx to my cup jsgme ??

bomberkiller

• Treffen sich zwei Jäger...!
  • Modder
  • Bf-109G-6/R6 = Bomber Killer
« Reply #25 on: July 10, 2015, 01:37:37 PM »

... I totally agree with you, amigo, that's mainly why I still only use a 4.09m version of the game ...!

Hello Mick,

Tigers mod runs perfect on my 4.10 & DBW from the first day.

On my old 4.09 I have Tigers mod 2.1, really wonderful!

Thanks again to Tiger and You for sharing these mods!

Best regards, Gerhard
FAC N° 9 ...cheers mein Schatz

Mick

• Modder
« Reply #26 on: July 10, 2015, 03:44:40 PM »

... yep, sure, UV3 also works with 4.10 since it was released shortly after DT's latest patch ...  ;)

With UV2 however (the version you are using with your 4.09 game) you miss Tiger's latest dramatic improvements such as the flyby half dome ...  ;)

kendar

« Reply #27 on: July 12, 2015, 09:13:14 PM »

To be honest, got the same problem in CUP with no flybys... But only on winter maps.

Mick

• Modder
« Reply #28 on: July 13, 2015, 12:16:04 AM »

... there's a fix for that ...  ;)

https://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/topic,27302.0.html

... may be Monty forgot to include it in CUP ...?

kendar

« Reply #29 on: July 13, 2015, 12:28:37 AM »

thanks.

can't try as the link provided in the post is dead, but happy to know there's a fix  :)

edc1

« Reply #30 on: July 13, 2015, 02:05:01 PM »

Hi Decipher,
I have got my flyby working  with the 64 sounds, without buying a soundcard.
The file you suggested  to install, I had not got it to install in WAW (my fault)
 I have now installed that file in WAW and the first thing I noticed was
the 64 channels showing in the sound setup,clicked on it and saved it.
Thanks very much,
ps.,  I think  this  file should be included in the CUP mods!
Cheers edc1 (stan)

PapaG39

• Supporter
« Reply #31 on: July 13, 2015, 08:58:56 PM »

Hmmm..something that I just discovered in reference to tigers sounds...
I am using CUP install & #WAW. & I use the gigabyte mobo on-board sounds...

I usually don't use tigers flyby sound because it interferes with the FOV not being able to keep it set the the smallest view on target setting..
(it keeps reverting back to the middle default setting)  so I keep flyby=0... but I just set it to Flyby=1 just for  grinns & was listening to the sounds while atttacking a ground target & when I crashed there was absolutely no explosion sound...just a big ol normal flash...

So I went back & reset Flyby=0 & did a repeat & this time when I crashed it had the "wannabe" explosion sound. it's a lousy rendition of an explosion, but
you can still hear it..

I suppose you already know all this, but thought I'd just pass it on.

I still get a nice flyby sound with Flyby=0 but it is the mg/cannon & flak sounds that I'm more interested in for ingame play which are for the most part in WAW are very low...
A Pilots Prayer:  "May you not run out of airspeed, altitude and ideas all at the same time".

Mick

• Modder
« Reply #32 on: July 14, 2015, 01:58:14 AM »

@ PapaG39

... you don't give enough detail for us to try and understand what happens ... ;)

... you should post at least your sounds section (conf.ini) and also check that you are using OpenGL and not DirectX ...  ;)

PapaG39

• Supporter
« Reply #33 on: July 14, 2015, 12:43:56 PM »

Sorry Mick..I wasn't really looking for help with anything.

Several of the different aircraft in-game gun sounds have always been to low or not enough of a "crack" sound
for my taste...occasionally throughout IL2's growth history the sounds have gone from just GREAT to poor & back again depending on
if and when someone had the time and expertise to tinker with them. 

Even now some are to my liking and others are just to low or wrong to my way of liking...

I'm definitely not complaining because I personally  do not have the knowledge to fix what I don't like myself, so I just take it for
what it is and enjoy anyway...haha

There was a time when a close flak burst would cause me to almost jump out of their seat, but that time seems to be gone.

I'm just thankful that there are so many great fokes, who love this game and do what they love to do in keeping this fun game moving on.

If I had the knowledge I would put sounds as my main thing to tinker with, but with so many different aircraft in the game now that would,

I think be a nightmare to undertake, and at 75 I may well not have enough time left to finish the job. ha ha

S!

A Pilots Prayer:  "May you not run out of airspeed, altitude and ideas all at the same time".

halowraith1

• Hold onto something, i'm not good at landing.
« Reply #34 on: July 21, 2015, 10:41:26 AM »

Hey guys, I think I'm having a similar problem. I have set all of the config lines:

[sound]
SoundUse=1
SoundEngine=1
Speakers=1
Attenuation=5
SoundMode=1
SamplingRate=1
NumChannels=4
[Mods]
Flyby=1
FlybyFov=60.0
ToggleMusic=1
RandomSplash=1
[Render_OpenGL]
ForceShaders1x=0

And there's still no change.

P.S. There IS sound in flyby view, it's just it's barely audible and sounds like the original, stock engine sound.

blackshark

« Reply #35 on: July 28, 2015, 12:55:54 AM »

well, i noticed that on my HSFX 7.02 install there is, in the JSGME, the "Tiger's flyby" mod; i activated it and it works fine .... ahhh now i can hear the tiger flyby too in hsfx 7.02 :-) ... BUT ...

- if i can hear the flyby with hsfx it means that my hw can support it ... but  i tried all your suggestion without success ... so what else could i check/try ?

- is there a way to "import" in my CUP installation the "tiger's flyby" mod that i can activates under JSGME in my HSFX 7.02 ?? i am not expert in that but maybe i can "copy" it (but i do not know what and how) from JSGME in my hsfx to my cup jsgme ??

sorry to repeat my post, but i am very interested in tiger flyby; i tried other suggestions but do not work on my rig/installation
so my question is, granted in hsfx there is a "tiger flyby mod" we can activate under JSGME, is there a way to "copy/paste" it in CUP JSGME and activate it ? i ask you that because i am not expert and i do not know how JSGME works (folders, files, etc).
any help would be very appreciated.
thank you for your help and for the great CUP mod.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up

Page created in 0.076 seconds with 24 queries.