Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Looking forward and thinking positively now  (Read 5377 times)

'MadDog'

Looking forward and thinking positively now
« on: August 02, 2014, 05:17:42 PM »

This is the new mod map that Dakpilot referred to in his last post. The group is headed up by Zeus and they are from the Russian forums. Looks like this sim is going to openly encourage modding groups to add content and broaden out the scope. We know that the FMB has been allocated to a chosen few who will present mission sets closer to release time and after. Once the sim is in full open release to the general public the FMB is going to be put out to the community but we don't yet have a time frame on that.

So enjoy this video, I think it shows huge promise. It is from the Velikie Luki community project.

Uufflakke

• Modder
Re: Looking forward and thinking positively now
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2014, 05:31:35 AM »

It is very detailed from what I've seen on the screenshots and the team populates the map as close as original pictures. Hats off for that.
But with a mapsize 170 x 100 km it feels a bit like flying in a box in my opinion.
Especially when you reach borders you get pushed back unlike old IL-2 where you meet infinite landscapes.

About thinking positively. There is a lot of anger and frustration at BoS forums since the introduction of the Fw-190 and last weeks easy "fix" of armoured windscreen. Not to mention the bar, revi and refraction.
(Just read the dozens of pages in several topics about the issue over there.)
If they don't come with a good solution/compromise it will be a hard time for BoS.
"The Best Things In Live Aren't Things"

Dakpilot

« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2014, 05:58:44 AM »

LoL yep lots of bar talk, but I think original IL-2 survived it  :) The bar issue at DCS raged for 35 pages before any pics were even released, they will have their own bar battles because the external 3D model will be wrong, using thinner windscreen frames as a workaround from what I can see from initial screenshots

I don't think the whole sim is broken due to the FOV issues on one A/C at the moment, and the Devs seem to be happy to listen to view and act on them in a timeous manner...we will see when final release comes about  8)

Cheers Dakpilot

LuseKofte

« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2014, 07:16:51 AM »

Well, all these whining is of no use. My main problem is stated here already, small maps and mission editor. Those two are killers or survivors to me. Squadronfriendly and bomber pilot friendly is a must for me. The simplified bomb aim is also a disappointment .
These issues was given a impression would be better, and these issues I feel that lied. And for that I am sceptic

Uufflakke

• Modder
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2014, 08:15:08 AM »

My main problem is stated here already, small maps and mission editor. Those two are killers or survivors to me.

As far as I know we only have two maps at the moment.
This Velikie Luki community map of 17,000 square km and the official Stalingrad map which is about 79,000 square km. I wouldn't call that one a small map.
Or am I missing other maps?

By the way in the above clip I see several trees in the middle of railway tracks at 0:22 sec.
Sorry for nitpickin' but could not resist mentioning it.  ;)

"The Best Things In Live Aren't Things"

Spinnetti

« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2014, 08:25:28 AM »

Like all new things, the best of the old is better in many ways than the new. It will take a while to meet the high standards the IL2 Community as raised. Its funny that I add and test so many mods, that despite the neat features of the video, I could only notice the gaps! Trees on train tracks, ultra low poly tractor, tire tracks that start and end out of sync with vehicle movement, but most of all, no people!

'MadDog'

« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2014, 08:33:22 AM »

Yes, I too enjoy a fully cooked and well presented meal rather than partially cooked ingredients which leave a slightly off taste in the mouth when you bite into them. But then again, it's my own fault as my mum did ask me not to judge before it was finished and that I really should be patient.

LuseKofte

« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2014, 08:33:28 AM »

I am talking about how MP is atm. Not possible to find a route in a bomber without meeting a opponent before bomb drop 

'MadDog'

« Reply #8 on: August 03, 2014, 09:18:34 AM »

It's just like Daniel walking into the lions' den everytime I enter multiplayer but it's only there as a 'cock pit' to enable us to get used to the aircraft and how they perform against each other. I think everyone is bored with it but things will soon change once we have our own servers and can match squadron effort against squadron effort and fly missions instead of just deathmatch.

Dakpilot

« Reply #9 on: August 04, 2014, 01:39:05 AM »

[/quote]
I am talking about how MP is atm. Not possible to find a route in a bomber without meeting a opponent before bomb drop 

While this is true, multiplayer does not exist, what we have now is a beta testing scenario for general testing of features with each update...feeling concerns that you cannot play the game as you would like to at 60% completion prior to release seems a bit redundant, I am certain you would have had the same issues with CLoD, DCS WWII, RoF, original IL-2 and any game in this stage of early access beta phase. All I can say is roll on release candidate....then concerns of that nature can be raised

Cheers Dakpilot

LuseKofte

« Reply #10 on: August 04, 2014, 09:27:33 AM »

I know Dak, I prefer to wait until then. But for my sake and BOS sake they lost a lot of players on this beta, none have the slightest interest from hardcore simmers as they call them selves

'MadDog'

« Reply #11 on: August 04, 2014, 06:14:52 PM »

Same parade as before but this time from our preferred point of view:

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Page created in 0.059 seconds with 20 queries.