Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Looking forward and thinking positively now  (Read 2719 times)

Dakpilot

Re: Looking forward and thinking positively now
« Reply #12 on: August 05, 2014, 12:55:33 AM »

[/quote]
I know Dak, I prefer to wait until then. But for my sake and BOS sake they lost a lot of players on this beta, none have the slightest interest from hardcore simmers as they call them selves

I wouldn't worry, If BoS was the greatest game ever built and brought you a beer and a pizza to your sim pit a certain group of "hardcore simmers" would find a reason to try and bring it down, It will live or die on its own merits, the early access/beta will have little effect on what how the Final product is received. Much the same as the previous "IL-2 rebirth" If it is good and works out of the box expansions will come, a lot has been learned from the steady growth of RoF but with a much more popular and greater scope of subject BoS can be much bigger and financially  less stressful for the devs with a much larger target audience.
Expect much bitterness if BoS pulls it off and (by natural migration) takes players away from a "more Hardcore sim"

Cheers Dakpilot

'MadDog'

« Reply #13 on: August 28, 2014, 12:09:48 PM »

Some nice effects coming through now the sim is at 70%.

Some more mission based servers with much more slot space appearing too.

LuseKofte

« Reply #14 on: August 29, 2014, 09:36:47 AM »

Well I read syndicate had a server going now, you will find me there at 6 k in a heinkel :)

Screwball

« Reply #15 on: August 31, 2014, 11:59:29 PM »

As a fairly dispassionate observer (due to overseas work I only get a few days stick-time a year; I've been with Il-2 since PC Pilot's beta demo at the start, and am utterly in awe of what the modding community has achieved in those short years since the new cockpits and Spit Ia made us punters gasp; I also can't help but view the news and screenies from CloD, BoS, DCS addons etc as substantial advances)...I've got to say that whilst the effects are nice, they are not revolutionary. For a decade I've been looking forward to more than orange fires and thick black smoke indicating engine and fuel tank damage. Roll on 100% completion, may it blow my socks off.

Screwy

'MadDog'

« Reply #16 on: September 01, 2014, 03:19:23 AM »

The very best damage modelling I have seen in a sim was in the early days of CloD. Though it may have been a complete dog most of the time,the DM was incredibly detailed and extensive, broken wings were a marvel to look at. A lot of this has been removed in favour of reasonable fps for most people. Unfortunately, BoS just won't have this level of sophistication but its qualities lie elsewhere and in general a lot of the community seems quite optimistic with progress.

Uufflakke

• Modder
« Reply #17 on: September 02, 2014, 01:21:25 PM »

Some nice effects coming through now the sim is at 70%.

I don't like their effects that much. A bit old skool to me.
Also visible in the video you posted at 00:52. Black smoke looks cut off at the end and 2D.

image hosting gif

Another issue I can not get used to, in relation to effects, is that after a hit brownish smoke and snow that comes up disappear too quickly. And not in a fluent way neither.
"The Best Things In Live Aren't Things"

'MadDog'

« Reply #18 on: September 28, 2014, 04:54:59 PM »

Here is a recent video of some really nice action at the front, showing off the improved DM and effects. Slowly but surely things are being tweaked for the better, it's a lovely work in progress.

LuseKofte

« Reply #19 on: September 28, 2014, 04:58:22 PM »

The total experience while flying in BOS are incredible. Gamephysics, and the way it plays out. All in all a really realistic experience :)
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.012 seconds with 25 queries.