Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 ... 38   Go Down

Author Topic: "Pearl Harbor - Tokyo" V2.0 release  (Read 140062 times)

larschance

Re: "Pearl Harbor - Tokyo" V2.0 release
« Reply #360 on: December 03, 2018, 05:16:45 AM »

Thank you for your quick reply and good advice. I think I might have to wait for 4.14 and the less hassle of not having to convert lots of files. I will let you and Asura do the hard work Haha. Much appreciated. Anticipation is half the joy so I must be patient.
BTW are the Skins pack for modded aircraft and the patch for the INT version included in the DGenPack2.1 Full or do I download those from somewhere else?
The Mediterranean theatre is a favourite of mine. I have a large book collection on WW2 aviation so if you are lacking any particular details let me know and I will see if I can fill the gaps.
 Did you know that Wingleader Publications have a series of books on the Battle of Britain giving details of every combat. Currently 6 of 12 volumes are available plus one on Dunkirk air operations. There are some recent volumes on the South African Air Force operations now available. One in seven aircraft in the Med were SAAF. Also two volumes on Yugoslav 109s have been released. Lots of details for future campaigns if I live that long! And of course Chris Shores et al has several volumes on the Med Air War.
Thanks again.

Motörhead

• http://forum.aviaskins.com/forumdisplay.php?f=70
« Reply #361 on: December 06, 2018, 12:01:58 PM »

BTW are the Skins pack for modded aircraft and the patch for the INT version included in the DGenPack2.1 Full or do I download those from somewhere else?
All skins attached for planes in my campaigns are include in patch.

The Mediterranean theatre is a favourite of mine. I have a large book collection on WW2 aviation so if you are lacking any particular details let me know and I will see if I can fill the gaps.
Yes, i have a plans for large campaign at Mediterranean. Probably, it will be my next large project, but only when European campaign works would be completed. And yes, you can help to create campaign if you have info. But i need some special info. To create realistic and well detailed campaign, i need some kind of war diaries. A book, where air activity for each day would be given really good details: date, number of planes involved, squadron, type of mission, result of mission, etc. I know, this type of info is REALLY HARD TO FIND. So if you have something like this, please, share it with me. This info really helps to create campaign. By the way, i know about all this books at amazon and ebay, unfortunately i dont have enough money to buy what i need. I use only PDF books free uploaded.

I can show you example of info i need about Mediterranean. This is sample from "2 Tactical Air Force" part 1 by Chris Shores and Chris Thomas:

Ain't a hope in hell, nothing's gonna bring us down, The way we fly, five miles off the ground, It's a Bomber!

larschance

« Reply #362 on: December 07, 2018, 09:54:20 AM »

Happy to help when you are ready. I have several books on the day to day operations in the Med and some on the West.

blackshark

« Reply #363 on: February 03, 2019, 04:26:43 AM »

Hi Motorhead, after a few months I am back to your great campaigns.

I send you a PM for some questions; here I have other short questions ...

First of all, is there a "level stabilizer for all" as for 4.12? Or a way to use "level stabilizer" for all planes as in 4.12 (https://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/topic,37995.0.html) ? i tried to install the same mod here but does not work for me ... it would be useful for long trips to have it for SBD, F4F for example ...

For some missions (as Bomber Coral Sea 1942) i start with a different skin from the AI planes ... is there anything i can do to solve it ?

In some campaigns selection menu, there are strange symbols at the beginning of the name ... i think i can ignore them right ? or i can even cancel the "strange" symbols or i could have problems starting the campaign/mission ?

last but not least, unfortunately in many mission (30% ?) i have a problem of fps ... i already use the AIR.INI for PTO, but is there anything else I could do without reducing my gfx effects ? My pc is a good one but maybe it's time to change it ... anyway with other IL2 installations i never have any problem on fps but i see your missions are great but maybe bigger.

do you think that with "Intel Core i5 4670 @ 3.40GHz", RAM 16,0GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 666MHz A and GPU 2047MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 it's normal to have fps problems or it should be fine ? any tip on to improve fps would be appreciated (i have maximised gfx effects ... but if there is anything else like AIR.INI to change please tell me)

Motörhead

« Reply #364 on: February 05, 2019, 02:39:10 AM »

First of all, is there a "level stabilizer for all" as for 4.12? Or a way to use "level stabilizer" for all planes as in 4.12 (https://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/topic,37995.0.html) ? i tried to install the same mod here but does not work for me ... it would be useful for long trips to have it for SBD, F4F for example ...
Hello blackshark!
In fact i dont know much about "level stabilizer for all" option. Usually i use level stabilizer only when play bomber campaigns, such as B-25 for example. If you dont see this option in keyboard settings, probably, its not available in game current version. Hovewer, this is not campaign issue, but IL-2 engine feature.

For some missions (as Bomber Coral Sea 1942) i start with a different skin from the AI planes ... is there anything i can do to solve it ?
In my campaign, if AI plane use special skin (not default), you always can find this skins in your aircraft settings. In this case (SBD-3) its called "PTO42_UN_SBD3_R0NNC0_early".

In some campaigns selection menu, there are strange symbols at the beginning of the name ... i think i can ignore them right ? or i can even cancel the "strange" symbols or i could have problems starting the campaign/mission ?
Thanks to let me know about this. I will try to fixe this thing. At the moment you can ignore it, if campaigns generate well.

last but not least, unfortunately in many mission (30% ?) i have a problem of fps ... i already use the AIR.INI for PTO, but is there anything else I could do without reducing my gfx effects ? My pc is a good one but maybe it's time to change it ... anyway with other IL2 installations i never have any problem on fps but i see your missions are great but maybe bigger.

do you think that with "Intel Core i5 4670 @ 3.40GHz", RAM 16,0GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 666MHz A and GPU 2047MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 it's normal to have fps problems or it should be fine ? any tip on to improve fps would be appreciated (i have maximised gfx effects ... but if there is anything else like AIR.INI to change please tell me)

I know about it. This is general problem with IL-2 engine. As i know, this engine is really obsolete and never supports all features of modern hardware, large RAM or videocards in SLI mode, for example. To improve FPS, try to do next:
1 - in aircraft selector use only stock aircraft set for Pacific, not your own created set.
2 - in your DGenmod.ini switch GroundIntensity setting to "medium" or "low". Same thing you can do with AirIntensity (but i never recommends change AirIntensity, because it will change historical balance in missions).
Ain't a hope in hell, nothing's gonna bring us down, The way we fly, five miles off the ground, It's a Bomber!

blackshark

« Reply #365 on: February 05, 2019, 10:24:39 AM »

thank you for your answers.

as for the point "skins" where can i find the info about which one to use in a specific mission ? there is nothing about that in the briefing ...

as for the point "low fps" thank you for your tips, I tried but no improvement ....
one question: I had DGEN parameters in conf.ini too (do i changed them both), but to understand: in that case which are the parameters used by IL2?  the CONF.INI Dgen parameters or the DGENmod.ini parameters overrides them ?

Motörhead

« Reply #366 on: February 06, 2019, 01:47:47 AM »

as for the point "skins" where can i find the info about which one to use in a specific mission ? there is nothing about that in the briefing ...

There is nothing about skins in briefings - DGEN never supports this feature. You had to select skin by your hands.

as for the point "low fps" thank you for your tips, I tried but no improvement ....
Even when you switch AirIntencity to LOW or Medium?

one question: I had DGEN parameters in conf.ini too (do i changed them both), but to understand: in that case which are the parameters used by IL2?  the CONF.INI Dgen parameters or the DGENmod.ini parameters overrides them ?
DGEN.exe current version never use parameters in CONF.INI. Now DGENmod.ini uses only.

blackshark

« Reply #367 on: February 06, 2019, 02:00:57 PM »

Yes, even when you switch AirIntencity to LOW or Medium ...

I noticed that if i look at the sky fps improve from around 15 to around 40 ...

Motörhead

« Reply #368 on: February 07, 2019, 07:38:07 AM »

Ok, tell me please exact name of campaign / operation (and day of mission) with such low FPS. I will check this mission on my PC, and maybe find solution to get higher FPS.

blackshark

« Reply #369 on: February 07, 2019, 11:46:13 AM »

ok, thank you for your time

these are four I found; for each of them the first mission; I stop here with them because fps are too low to play in my installation (around 15 fps)

usmc:
fighter okinava squadron 223 july 1 august 15 1945 F4U4
fighter bougainville 1943 squadron 223 october 11-december 8 1943

japan:
bomber torpedo the battle of the philippine sea june 19-20 1944 B6N2 1944
bomber attle of the philippine sea june 19-20 1944 DAY2 1944

katrust

« Reply #370 on: March 14, 2019, 05:57:35 PM »

Hi. I have just installed this campaign and the mod pack, everything. When I try to load the Guadakanal campaigns on the US side, all I get is the button being pressed for a few seconds, then a beep. Then it will load and have a blank map screen and no description for the mission. When I click fly, it says there is no map for this mission. Any Help?

Edit ; Hi, I just looked for another version of the Dgen.exe, found it and installed it. Now the Solomon islands campaign that had JUST worked now dose not.

Motörhead

« Reply #371 on: March 26, 2019, 10:33:24 AM »

Hello katrust! And sorry for late reply)
Yes, i know about this error. I fixed it, so updated campaign will be released soon (probably in one month), along with DGENpack 3.0 version.
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 ... 38   Go Up

Page created in 0.08 seconds with 26 queries.