Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 [13]   Go Down

Author Topic: Fokker D.VII/D.VIIF  (Read 46220 times)

poiana44

Re: Fokker D.VII/D.VIIF
« Reply #144 on: December 16, 2017, 08:31:09 AM »

Yes Alfie,... I'm a very patient (and willful) man...not necessary better than you  :D
Ok, I'll pass to BAT as soon as possible but my problem is the time...
Usually I'm working from 8 am to 19 pm from Monday to Friday;
Saturdays and Sundays are the only days I can fly the simulator just a little...  :-[
One years ago I broke my HD and decided to install CUP taking advantage of my  Christmas holidays and after some weeks BAT made his appearance...
I downloaded tha BAT manual but I discovered (maybe I'm wrong) that I had not enough time to install it.
Besides, I would lose so many ships I had in may TFM primary installation and painstakingly added to CUP day by day...
Maybe BAT now it has reached a level of completeness of objects, ships, tanks, etc... comparable to the old packages.
And last... the Hawker Hunters...  :(
Thank you Alfie for your help and your suggest.
Best regards,
Poiana

<Gunny>

« Reply #145 on: December 22, 2017, 12:29:11 PM »

I would love to see the new up-dated D-VII posted so all could enjoy this great plane.
I am one that can't get these very large down loads.

Jagdpanzer

« Reply #146 on: March 25, 2020, 02:05:49 PM »

Has a recent update been done to the Fokker DVII flight model?  I'm flying in the latest DBW 1916 v.4 which came out in 2019. In this the Fokker D VII still flies like a truck. Any sudden movement of the controls in a dogfight and you immediately go into a full spin. I have to fly this plane in boom and zoom mode to achieve anything with it, you simply cant engage in a turn fight with any real chance of success due to it's instability and propensity to spin. According to several sources I've read, the plane was actually quite docile to fly and had good all around maneuverability. So, in short, is a better FM available than the one in the latest DBW 1916?

Alfie Noakes

• Art Director
« Reply #147 on: March 26, 2020, 06:49:16 AM »

So, in short, is a better FM available than the one in the latest DBW 1916? 

There is but it's only available for 4.12 and is now standard in BAT DOF
If you read the previous posts on this thread you'll find the VII has always been rather a problematic  a/c
Several members have attempted FM fix's for her which have slightly improved matters but it was only when Storbror looked into it that the VII became the excellent fighter it should be .....

See my reply #143 on this thread three years ago (!)
The link unfortunately does not work......

Best idea is to download BAT and enjoy all IL 2 has to offer for the WW I flier  8)

Cheers

Alfie
Everything is for the best in the best of all possible worlds

Jagdpanzer

« Reply #148 on: March 26, 2020, 03:20:15 PM »

So, in short, is a better FM available than the one in the latest DBW 1916? 

There is but it's only available for 4.12 and is now standard in BAT DOF
If you read the previous posts on this thread you'll find the VII has always been rather a problematic  a/c
Several members have attempted FM fix's for her which have slightly improved matters but it was only when Storbror looked into it that the VII became the excellent fighter it should be .....

See my reply #143 on this thread three years ago (!)
The link unfortunately does not work......

Best idea is to download BAT and enjoy all IL 2 has to offer for the WW I flier  8)

Cheers

Alfie

Thanks for the reply Alfie. I have two installs of DBW 1916 woking well, and one is with 4.12. Unfortunately, I don't have the drive space to install the gargantuan BAT mod. If I knew which BAT mod pack the improved DVII was  in, I would attempt to extract it from that and place it on my DBW 1916 4.12 install. Pehaps with a little digging I might find it. Its a pity BAT isn't offered the way the C.U.P. mod was where you could only install the things that interested you.

Recently I returned to IL2 after years without flying the sim. Finding this site was amazing to me with what has been done in terms of modding. I've even started skinning some of the WW1 planes for my own enjoyment. Might eventually post a few if I thought anyone besides me still had interest in WW1 aviation. ;)

Anyway, thanks again...

<Gunny>

« Reply #149 on: March 26, 2020, 07:21:59 PM »

Post your skins as I would love o see them.......Love the WW-1 birds.. ;)

Jagdpanzer

« Reply #150 on: March 29, 2020, 03:53:48 PM »

Post your skins as I would love o see them.......Love the WW-1 birds.. ;)

Well Gunny, here are a few I've done so far...
This is a Fokker DVI from Jasta 80B:

The Fokker DVII of Paul Aue, Jasta 10:

The Fokker DVII of Franz Mayer MFJ III:

And two fictional Fokker DRI's. The first is my personal skin, "The Black Devil", and the second a generic blue Triplane:

The excellent templates already available on this site for these planes really help when skinning. I'm just learning, no where near the skill level of the true masters I see here. As said, these are all just done for my enjoyment, none have been released so far.

<Gunny>

« Reply #151 on: March 29, 2020, 04:35:04 PM »

WOW ---- Those look great.. Well Done Mate.....
You post them I will fly them.... ;)

David Prosser

« Reply #152 on: March 29, 2020, 06:29:25 PM »

Those are nice skins. If you post them, they'll fly into my Skins folder in record time.

cheers

David
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 [13]   Go Up

Page created in 0.075 seconds with 25 queries.