Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11   Go Down

Author Topic: 4.13.1 is released  (Read 31701 times)

SAS~Storebror

• Editor
  • Taking a timeout
    • STFU
Re: 4.13.1 is released
« Reply #72 on: April 10, 2016, 12:21:43 AM »

what's td.dll?
A typo :D
In fact the filename is dt.dll.

Best regards - Mike
Don't split your mentality without thinking twice.

SAS~Storebror

• Editor
  • Taking a timeout
    • STFU
« Reply #73 on: April 10, 2016, 01:07:30 AM »

... no wonder we still have no reply from Asura, Mike, since you keep asking the "good" questions ...  :P
We do have a reply meanwhile, it's just that Asura refrained from replying publically and asked to keep it private for the simple reason of:
He's not gonna give us anything.
Not because he cannot, but because he doesn't want to.
Because the poor TD had to suffer oh so many insults from the modding community, boo-hoo *sniff*.

Someone who intentionally violated the single simple rule of a closed modding community here is now playing the victim because the modders call out TD for deliberately fucking up modding with each and every patch.
Isn't that funny?
It is, in a way.
Same old with TD every time, it's like groundhog day.

Best regards - Mike

SAS~Malone

• flying as #46 with the FAC
  • Editor
  • proud member of that 'other' site
« Reply #74 on: April 10, 2016, 01:31:36 AM »

the more things change, the more they stay the same....
.....taking fun seriously since 1968.....  8)

Mick

• Modder
« Reply #75 on: April 10, 2016, 02:00:44 AM »

... no wonder we still have no reply from Asura, Mike, since you keep asking the "good" questions ...  :P
We do have a reply meanwhile, it's just that Asura refrained from replying publically and asked to keep it private for the simple reason of:
He's not gonna give us anything.
Not because he cannot, but because he doesn't want to.
Because the poor TD had to suffer oh so many insults from the modding community, boo-hoo *sniff*.

Someone who intentionally violated the single simple rule of a closed modding community here is now playing the victim because the modders call out TD for deliberately fucking up modding with each and every patch.
Isn't that funny?
It is, in a way.
Same old with TD every time, it's like groundhog day.

Best regards - Mike

... so, "poor" DT prefers to keep suffering from more "insults" to come, rather than make peace with the community and stop that childish sabotage attitude they've been having so far, patch after patch ...  :-X

They have absolutely no excuse to refuse to share their Dll code, it's got nothing to do with the contract they alledgely signed with 1C Games, except that if they did, we would have plenty of proof that the main goal of that dreaded Dll is to pork a modder's life ...

You know what, Mike ...?

I really wish HaDeS was still around, he, for sure, would naturally have found the right words to qualify that attitude of the "official tooolz" owners  ...  :D

asheshouse

• SAS Team
« Reply #76 on: April 10, 2016, 02:02:36 AM »

The answer is to just carry on developing modded 4.12.2
What can be imported from the new patch will be.

SAS~Storebror

• Editor
  • Taking a timeout
    • STFU
« Reply #77 on: April 10, 2016, 02:08:09 AM »

They have absolutely no excuse to refuse to share their Dll code
Exactly, that's why in case of the dt.dll code Asura reverts to playing the victim card.
It's the same old game they play, trying to waste our time and continuously trying to make people believe that what they do is just a natural consequence of their constraints.
It would have been as simple as providing the source code with no strings attached, in the same way like they grabbed content from the modding community and took it for granted for years.
But TD doesn't want to give anything back, they want to hamper modding because they want to have control over the further development of the game and they think they'd be better off when they're the only ones developing it further, neglecting the simple truth that without a thriving modding community this game would have died years ago and TD would never have existed in the first place.

I really wish HaDeS was still around, he, for sure, would naturally have found the right words to qualify that attitude of the "official tooolz" owners  ...  :D
Rest assured these words have been spoken directly to the right recipient already, I'd repeat them here but that'd be against the rules :D

The answer is to just carry on developing modded 4.12.2
Correct, let's not allow TD to waste our time anymore.

Best regards - Mike

SAS~Malone

• flying as #46 with the FAC
  • Editor
  • proud member of that 'other' site
« Reply #78 on: April 10, 2016, 02:29:58 AM »

the TD guys seem to act oblivious to all the hard work that is undone by hundreds of people with these code changes, and i think it's more than fair for many people in the mod community to be upset by this, more than justified - consider the total amount of work and man-hours that have yet again been laid to waste by these changes - they seem to think this is acceptable collateral damage, in order to be able to use their new stuff - now they focus on us being upset and not responding well to this, again trying to shift the focus off what they've done, and try to make it look like the evil, ungrateful modders are to blame for all that is not well in the IL-2 world.
i have already spoken more than i intended to in this thread, anything i need to say has been said. no more from me, at least.
.....taking fun seriously since 1968.....  8)

cgagan

• SAS Team
« Reply #79 on: April 10, 2016, 02:56:54 AM »

I've said it before, I'll say it again! 412.2m and CUP is the way forward. Let's import whatever looks interesting from 413.1, and stop wasting our time with egotistical wannabes...

SAS~Storebror

• Editor
  • Taking a timeout
    • STFU
« Reply #80 on: April 10, 2016, 03:16:24 AM »

they seem to think this is acceptable collateral damage, in order to be able to use their new stuff
If at least that "new stuff" was all that new and if it'd be working correctly.

As SaQSoN put it right here:
lack of supervision and determination, which brought quality of the latest release to an amature modder quality sub-standard level

A pure waste of airplane slots for minor and partly non-functional modifications, like the I-153M-63 (wooohooo! no big lower exhaust pipes! sure worth an extra slot eh?), two more R-5 variants (unfortunately with gunners working at will), and a couple of He 111 changes that break existing missions and don't work right (e.g. the H-11, with cockpit holes when you turn your head left in wide FOV view and with a right waist gunner that only works when new years eve and eastern fall to the same date).

"Locomotives valve gear and other chassis animation."
Is this your application for development of EEP mods?

Great "new stuff" TD.
The time you've wasted implementing code changes intended to fuck up modding would have much better been spent in some kind of quality control.
But who needs quality control when you're "uber" and you have "da toolz"?

Best regards - Mike

SGT68

« Reply #81 on: April 10, 2016, 04:20:27 AM »

My version of IL-2 is the GOG version which installs to 4.13, but then the download includes a 'downgrade' patch which converts 4.13 ->4.10. I then apply the 4.12.2 megapatch , before installing mods...
I don't know if the Steam version is the same.

Are TD likely to want to thwart distribution of the downgrade patch, now so new users are stuck in 4.13??? I do hope not.
"A day without slaughter is like a day without sunshine" ..Marcus Kincaid

spartan18a

• Supporter
« Reply #82 on: April 10, 2016, 04:21:29 AM »

I've said it before, I'll say it again! 412.2m and CUP is the way forward. Let's import whatever looks interesting from 413.1, and stop wasting our time with egotistical wannabes...
+2

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

Winning is optional, but trying your best is not.

SAS~GJE52

• Editor
  • Orchard Studios
« Reply #83 on: April 10, 2016, 04:23:39 AM »

I don't think anyone who could see the damage that was being done to the modding community ever doubted that we would reach this point one day, the only question was when. Looking at the latest offering , TD is a spent force, a dead weight holding the community back....... by effectively holding it to ransom. It looks like the talent that once developed their more interesting ideas has long gone.

This is a pivotal moment, and it's consequences could be far reaching. For modders it provides a firm base from which to develop new ideas and content, without wasting time reworking/correcting existing mods each time a deliberate code change is introduced. For the community it means that there will be far fewer if any compatibility problems and effectively only one game version..... 409 rebels accepted of course.

The ball is in TD's court so to speak, but then it always was. They have always hated the perceived competition that a thriving community presented to their complete control of any further development and I doubt they could change even if they wanted to.

So, I tip my hat to the new constitution.... Cheers

G;
Do not criticise a man until you have walked a mile in his shoes...  Then you can call him what you like, as you have his shoes ... and he is a mile away......
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11   Go Up

Page created in 0.076 seconds with 27 queries.