Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Eastern Poland 1921-1939 (updated 01.08.2017)  (Read 11342 times)

ls

• The last one - P.11c
Eastern Poland 1921-1939 (updated 01.08.2017)
« on: September 11, 2014, 07:32:26 AM »

EDIT 2017-08-01: For some reasons (see here: https://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/topic,56026.0.html) it was temporary impossible to browse pictures attached to this thread. Sorry for annoyance. Thread was progressively repaired. By the way, some pictures and posts were updated - to illustrate progress in my work.

Thanks to courtesy of Uzin, who was so kind and agreed to use his map of Belorussia (https://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/topic,29951.msg399997.html#msg399997), I'm working on map of this region before 1939.

First of all, I have build some important landmarks (like Polish base in Pinsk, airfields in Lida, Baranowicze and Brzesc, airfield of PWS Company etc. - waiting for acceptable ideas ;-))).
Then map was retowned  (before 1939 towns of this region in general were smaller with small wooden buildings, some of them had different names - e.g. Olecko - ex German Treuburg - and some even didn't exist - e.g. Soligorsk).
There were done some little tweaks in textures and map_c (especially near Pinsk).

Some work was done in MapBuilder of Il-2 DBW 1.71, then I were going to migrate to PRE-DBW2, but at last map will be migrated to BAT.

So slowly I'm working, asking You about feedback, ideas and informations - to make it best I can.

Here it is ed_m01.tga file (version 2017-07-09).
Corresponding changes were made to map_c, map_h and map_T files (some new towns, new textures, some roads deleted, new swamps and lakes).
As You can see there are added 1939 borders with Germany (East Prussia),  Lithuania, and USSR (there are added some border poles on German and Soviet border, Lithuanian government did not consider Polish border as legitimate, so border poles did not existed here).
There are Polish geographical names - most important English names will be added in texts file.

And here it is corresponding (more or less - not the ideal same scale) part of the map of Polish roads from 1939.
It is noticeable that there were mainly ground roads, and much less bridges. So these things were partially changed already.

Greetings,
waiting for feedback,
ls

ls

• The last one - P.11c
Pinsk
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2014, 07:58:41 AM »

Pinsk - general view

Polish Riverine Flotille base

Unfortunately, we haven't riverine monitors yet (but in 4.13 patch will be Soviet river gun-boat 'Smolensk', former Polish river monitor 'Krakow'  ;))

Lublin R-XIIIter hydro (there were some Lublins in Pinsk in 30's)

Another part of Riverine Flotille base on the opposite bank of the river Pina (ammo and fuel stores)

Airfield near Pinsk

Uzin

• Modder
  • On lifetime holidays
Re: Eastern Poland 1921-1939
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2014, 09:39:53 AM »

Good luck, ls  !
Wishing you all the best and a lot of patience with your nice work !
Greetings.
Ivan Uzin

N.B. :
River fords work well in Il2, just remove bridges and let the country, rail or highways to cross the river. It is easy done in MapBuilder version of Il2, as for FMB I cannot check it now, because my main rig is in repair.

ls

• The last one - P.11c
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2014, 10:01:15 AM »

Good luck, ls  !
Wishing you all the best and a lot of patience with your nice work !
Greetings.
Ivan Uzin
N.B. :
River fords work well in Il2, just remove bridges and let the country, rail or highways to cross the river. It is easy done in MapBuilder version of Il2, as for FMB I cannot check it now, because my main rig is in repair.

Thank You very much Uzin!
So if I will delete some bridges in MapBuilder (and some higways), there will be no strange effects about another bridges and rest of roads?

Greetings,
ls

Uzin

• Modder
  • On lifetime holidays
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2014, 10:11:50 AM »

I did not observed any strange effect when testing river fords on Estonia map. The betatester disliked these fords, hovewer, so I did not used them there .
Any vehicles can cross the river smoothly, to my experience. Other highways affected - why ?

ls

• The last one - P.11c
Airfields
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2014, 10:47:52 AM »

Biala Podlaska

Brzesc

Malaszewicze (military airfield)

ls

• The last one - P.11c
« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2014, 10:57:14 AM »

I did not observed any strange effect when testing river fords on Estonia map. The betatester disliked these fords, hovewer, so I did not used them there .
Any vehicles can cross the river smoothly, to my experience. Other highways affected - why ?
I think I will use them, because it will be more historical for this region before 1939 than bridge in many places. But when this river ford is done, is texture of a road invisible on the surface of the river?

About deleting bridges - I was afraid, that deleting some of them can affect another, because they are all numbered (so maybe there is some dependency one from another?)

ls

ls

• The last one - P.11c
Other historical landmarks
« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2014, 11:09:30 AM »

PWS Factory

Radziwills' Castle in Nieswiezh

KOP (Border Protection Corps) barracks in Kleck

Polish Radio Station Baranowicze

Bereza Kartuska -  Detention Camp

max_thehitman

• SAS~Area51
  • Modder
  • Beer...Girls...IL2+Mods!
« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2014, 11:33:21 AM »

That map look amazing. Beautiful details and villages.
I like it very much.
Great art, Is !

Everything I like is either illegal, immoral or fattening ! Welcome to SAS1946

Uzin

• Modder
  • On lifetime holidays
« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2014, 11:43:59 AM »

@ ls:
Numbering of bridges is very flexible, it occurs automatically when you remove any of them, no troubles with it .

SAS~Tom2

• SAS Honourable Member
  • no sweat
« Reply #10 on: September 11, 2014, 11:59:43 AM »

"Lublin R-XIIIter hydro (there were some Lublins in Pinsk in 30's)"

I like it!

:)

"Biala Podlaska"

A texture? ..looks great!

Best Regards

Thorst.

ls

• The last one - P.11c
« Reply #11 on: September 11, 2014, 12:41:42 PM »

@max_thehitman
Thanks for Your appreciation...

P.S. Very nice Hedy's photo...

@Uzin
@ ls:
Numbering of bridges is very flexible, it occurs automatically when you remove any of them, no troubles with it .
If so, it should be easy task in MapBuilder...

@SAS~Tom2
It's a texture combined with modified PlateS object from DBW...

"Lublin R-XIIIter hydro (there were some Lublins in Pinsk in 30's)"
OK, it better sounds like that: There were some R-XIIIs in Pinsk in 30's ;D ;D ;D

And what do You think about default "Country" texture (pictures from Kleck and Bereza Kartuska)? I can't decide to change it or not?

Greetings,
ls
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up

Page created in 0.08 seconds with 26 queries.