Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: Philippines map V2 by Delvpier  (Read 18993 times)

Kopfdorfer

• Potez 63.11 France's most significant AC in 1940
Re: Philippines map V2 by Delvpier
« Reply #24 on: March 19, 2013, 10:56:29 AM »

All good questions.
I would like to see the early map for my own interests , though I suspect a later one would get heavier (more) usage, though I don't know for sure.
If I could offer any assistance beyond research , and possibly testing , I would , but alas my primary area to assist would be the research.
My help is there if you want it.

Kopfdorfer

Helen-of-Sparta

« Reply #25 on: March 19, 2013, 11:48:59 AM »

Thank you my friend Kopfdorfer  :-*

CzechTexan

• Modder
  • TEXAS, USA
« Reply #26 on: March 19, 2013, 12:12:21 PM »

I also would like to see a 1941-42 map.  That's why I thought about only doing Luzon Island.  The early battles and air war are interesting to me.  I would love to see all the correct airfields added to the map ( a couple a/f were added on Bataan after the Japanese invasion).

Eleni, I think this can be a good map for you to do.  You are serious about being a good map-maker and that's wonderful.  It's great to have good map-makers!

agracier

• Modder
    • The Great War in a Different Light
« Reply #27 on: March 19, 2013, 02:49:47 PM »

I have a map for the Leyte Gulf area ready as a basic 1 texture only, but already flyable map ...

I've put it aside for the while being since it would require a degree of historical accuracy that necessitates a lot of researching - which i am impatient with ...

But if anyone wants to take it over, be my guest. Everything works, texture mapping needs to be started ... but otherwise it's all there ... map_h/map_t, map_c, ed map etc ... it's not too large a map either, so hand placing of pixels is quite feasible ... map_c is about 2500x1600 pixels/ map_t = 640x416 pixels ... medium-small map.

And the scope for use of colorful textures is all there - not too much color variations (mainly green, green, green) with fields and scrub land or such ...

I'd be happy to provide all the files ...

images

Clint Watters

« Reply #28 on: September 14, 2014, 05:43:23 PM »

Is there a valid download link? The one in the first page seems to be down.

Could someone provide one to me?  :)

Thank you,

C.W.

SAS~Gerax

• SAS Team
« Reply #29 on: September 15, 2014, 05:03:27 AM »

Is there a valid download link?

See first post.  ;)

btw, there are some repaints of this map.

version by White-Cat here:
https://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/topic,11200.0.html

by hguderian:
https://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/topic,16778.0.html

and by baronWastelan (had to renew the link):
https://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/topic,11867.0.html

maybe you will give them a try.
i7-13700K, MSI RTX4090, Kingston 64GB, Asus Z790-P, Crucial SSD 1TB, Kingston SSD 4TB;

Clint Watters

« Reply #30 on: September 16, 2014, 09:31:33 AM »

Thank you very much! A great map indeed!  ;D

Cheers!

C.W.

Cheyenne

• Virtual 97th Bomb Group (H)
« Reply #31 on: June 20, 2015, 02:29:59 AM »

Hey Guys,

Thought I'd revisit this post , as the Philippines is a major and unique component of WW2 in the Pacific Theatre.

no full quotes please.

I like the ideal you have. Sorry for some reason the link to PacificWreaks is not there any more. I guess they have taken the web site down. I do know that there was a rail road system in Luzon area. However not sure where it else it went. I can find out. May take some time. Also I don't think there was a rail system in Mindanao. I would like to see you take on this project because we do need a Historical Phippines map. I can find and get the infro you will need. It will take time because I have to look for and ask around for the infro. Let me me know if you want to take on this long and hard Philippines map project. I will help you as much as I can with the infro you need for Air Bases, Harbors and any thing you need. Since I live in the Philippines I maybe able to get what infro you need.

solotk

« Reply #32 on: June 21, 2015, 04:42:05 PM »

This might help...

"They fought with what they had" was first released in 1951 when the Phillipines campaign of 1941-42 was still fresh in people's minds. A wealth of information here, and some real surprises. No, not all pacific airfields were surrounded by jungles, some were surrounded by towns, and in one case, a cemetery! Del Monte airfield is still there, the original outlines and patterns can still be seen on GE. The book also details locations and potential locations of emergency airfields. It's a while since I read it, but to give you a 'feel' while designing a map I think it's pretty good.

It's an excellent read in any event, and highly recommended by moi :)

http://www.afhso.af.mil/shared/media/document/AFD-101001-051.pdf
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up

Page created in 0.082 seconds with 28 queries.