Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8] 9   Go Down

Author Topic: Madrid - SCW Map  (Read 42862 times)

Benno

• Retired Airline Pilot
Re: Madrid - SCW Map
« Reply #84 on: December 16, 2010, 03:15:49 AM »

Hi' Robhans  !
Thanks for your input   :P   The Aragon Map works/ saves.
Go figure
ColaBen

Benno

• Retired Airline Pilot
« Reply #85 on: December 17, 2010, 03:16:40 AM »

Robhans  !
You were right,  The Aragon Map does NOT save missions   :'(
Benno :'(

CzechTexan

• Modder
  • TEXAS, USA
« Reply #86 on: December 19, 2010, 06:23:51 PM »

agracier, thanks for listing the links for all the object packs that are needed for your maps.
Before that I could not save on some maps but I downloaded from all those links and now I can fly.
I can save on ALL the maps I have!

FLying the P-26 with the skin you sent to me before (thanks again) I was able to get a close look at the lovely
Madrid map.  I found a few things that could be improved but not really necessary.
1. The airfield southwest of Madrid...I have a tree in the middle of the runway.  Is it just me or does anyone else have the tree there?

2. Madrid city... In the pic below, at the top there is a railroad that ends before it gets to the city and before the river.
Is this RR suppposed to stop there?

3.  Madrid...some of the MOD bridges across the river are "railroad" bridges.  You can see the tracks.
I'm just nit-picking but is this how the bridges should look?  I think maybe the "highway" mod bridge would be more appropriate.

4. In the pic below... the bottom bridge could be adjusted a little more to allow for the wooden bridge to pass under the Mod bridge.  The (RR) mod bridge could be moved apart in both directions to have the wooden bridge go under and connect to the road.

Anyway, no big deal.  Not sure if you were aware or thought it was really necessary to fix. 
Great map!
I thought this would be a nice screenshot to show all the nice detailed buildings and layout.

agracier

• Modder
    • The Great War in a Different Light
« Reply #87 on: December 20, 2010, 06:52:31 AM »

On the bridges - I didn't really look all that much at the bridge type - rail or highway - I just wanted to get a mix of types around the city ... and I could try and extend the wooden bridge, but I think that will be for a later update.

Uufflakke and I are almost done with Ifni, which turned out to be a bigger job than I had imagined or thought. I've also been updating textures, texture mapping and the whole populating of the old Cartagena map. Compared to the newer maps it just looked too old and out of date.

So, I'm sure that sooner or later I'll take Madrid to hand as well ... I've also got to try and keep track of all the maps we've got in hand ...

SAS~Poltava

• Avid FMB user
  • SAS Honourable Member
  • Help Ukraine fight
    • Check out my modded campaigns
« Reply #88 on: December 22, 2010, 04:24:52 PM »

Agracier!

After a number of months spent away from IL-2, I just returned and found this marvel of a map. Many, many thanks to you and Ufflake a.k.a. Lejos. Superb job! It works like a charm. No problems saving etc. And the populating is first rate.

It would be SO nice to fly Aviaskins upcoming CR.32 over this one!!! :P 

You are really spoiling us! THANKS!!!  ;D
You want to give financial support to a front line Ukraine unit fighting the Russian invaders? Paypal kyivragnarock@gmail.com

SAS~Malone

• flying as #46 with the FAC
  • Editor
  • proud member of that 'other' site
« Reply #89 on: January 02, 2011, 11:08:54 AM »

hi agracier
i'm late to the party on installing this map, but as i've been following the thread, i see many guys with this problem with the ]SEChurch10 object, and the advice seems to be to just ignore it.
i'm suffering from the same problem, and there is no way that 'just ignore it' is acceptable...
the map does not save any missions, rendering it useless.  :(
this is what my static checker gives me:
Missing objects in your static.ini:

buildings.House$]SEchurch10

this is the only object listed as missing, even though i have it correctly installed.

this is my staic.ini entry:
[buildings.House$]SEchurch10]
Title           SEchurch10
MeshLive        3do/Buildings/SouthernEurope/SEchurch10/live.sim
MeshDead        3do/Buildings/SouthernEurope/SEchurch10/dead.sim
AlignToLand     0
Body            RockMiddle
Panzer          0.2

so, i have the object correctly installed (with it's inherent typo included ;)), and yet, the map does not save.
so, by my reckoning, 'just ignore it' is not really a valid advice..... :)
i am standing by for any help at this point, otherwise i have little choice but to just uninstall the map, and pretend it doesn't exist...not my favorite option, but the only one open to me,.... :(

a great pity that this one lousy object is all that stands between me and this great-looking map..

:'(

.....taking fun seriously since 1968.....  8)

agracier

• Modder
« Reply #90 on: January 02, 2011, 12:12:45 PM »

Here's something you can try to do which should give you more info on what is going wrong with the save/flying.

Load the map again and try to save and fly a mission. If it will not work, which it won't, then hit <tab>+<shift> at the same time. This will bring up the error console or java console or whatever it is called.

The console will then display line after line of white text. Somewhere at the top of the map, there will be an line that shows something in the nature of the following:

ERROR cannot load this or that

See what the error is. It will probably announce a missing object and will also give you the path to that object as it should be.

If you will, post which object it is you are shown as missing as given in the error console. Then we can see what to do to fix this for you.

canonuk

• Canons Skins - textures for Il-2
« Reply #91 on: January 02, 2011, 12:37:04 PM »

this is my staic.ini entry:
AlignToLand     0
Panzer          0.2

Hi mate,

I had the same problem wihc I fixed, by simply replacing that entry for the church with the following 2 entries:

[buildings.House$SEchurch10]
AlignToLand     0
Panzer          0.2

Title           1SEchurch10
AlignToLand     0
Panzer          0.2

Seemed to satisfy the requirements in terms of summoning the object and using it in the game, and references the same object model.

Joe

SAS~Malone

• Editor
« Reply #92 on: January 02, 2011, 12:55:04 PM »

agracier, if i check the console immediately on loading the map, it shows an error about not being able to create the live.sim for 3do/Buildings/Bridges/Country_Bridge_Long_End....
that's the only error in the console, and i can't figure that out either. this object must be a stock one, because i don't have it in any of my installs in the mods folder, and i'm sure these objects are used on several maps.
i have the static entry for this object, as well - but it is most likely located in the sfs files, because it's not in the Mods folder on any install, static checker doesn't pick it up as missing, either.
i thought it might be part of delvpier's bridge mod, but it seems not....now it's even more confusing than when it was just the SEChurch object.... :P

edit: Joe, i tried your fix, but it made no difference, unfortunately... :(
@ Boomer, i have mixx's Kha-Gol objects installed, and i think pretty much every object in existence, at that...i mean, even the solitary SEChurch object that the static checker says i am missing, is there... ???

agracier

• Modder
« Reply #93 on: January 02, 2011, 01:03:22 PM »

agracier, if i check the console immediately on loading the map, it shows an error about not being able to create the live.sim for 3do/Buildings/Bridges/Country_Bridge_Long_End....
that's the only error in the console, and i can't figure that out either. this object must be a stock one, because i don't have it in any of my installs in the mods folder, and i'm sure these objects are used on several maps.
i have the static entry for this object, as well - but it is most likely located in the sfs files, because it's not in the Mods folder on any install, static checker doesn't pick it up as missing, either.
i thought it might be part of delvpier's bridge mod, but it seems not....now it's even more confusing than when it was just the SEChurch object.... :P

edit: Joe, i tried your fix, but it made no difference, unfortunately... :(
@ Boomer, i have mixx's Kha-Gol objects installed, and i think pretty much every object in existence, at that...i mean, even the solitary SEChurch object that the static checker says i am missing, is there... ???

The double entry for the church10 object fixed my install quite well and easily. Much less work than editing the out/inbuildings.txt file from an extracted actors.

About your missing bridge object. Since I never manage to make game generated bridges and always use dlv Bridge mod, it must be from that mod pack. Here is a link to the pack as I installed it to use on my map_maker version ...

https://www.mediafire.com/?2ygmjotwn2i

SAS~Malone

• Editor
« Reply #94 on: January 02, 2011, 01:24:34 PM »

hi agracier - that was it! i see now what happened - i have all the bridge entries in my static, so the static checker was happy... however, the actual bridge 3do folder had gone missing somewhere along the line, so the physical object could not be loaded...
i just copied the bridge mod folder from another install into this one, and it worked straight off the bat.
thank goodness - i was about to start pulling some hair out, lol.... ;D
all sorted now, thanks for your help, as well as Joe and Boomer for the assist!
S! gents  8)

agracier

• Modder
« Reply #95 on: January 02, 2011, 01:47:41 PM »

I guess the static.ini checker is not the ultimate in finding out what is missing. the error console is very handy, though just as with missing textures in a map, it will only show one at a time. So if you are missing several objects, it can take a while to go through all the missing objects ...

Anyway, I guess we are indeed getting there ...
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8] 9   Go Up

Page created in 0.093 seconds with 25 queries.