Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: New Spanish Civil War Campaign: "Defense of Malaga"  (Read 5363 times)

SAS~Poltava

• Avid FMB user
  • SAS Honourable Member
  • Help Ukraine fight
    • Check out my modded campaigns
New Spanish Civil War Campaign: "Defense of Malaga"
« on: October 03, 2010, 02:12:18 AM »

After doing several SCW campaigns from the nationalist point of view it was about time to do a campaign showing the war from the other side of the hill. And here it is: A Republican campaign, called "Defense of Malaga"!

'

It is set during the two first months of 1937. You are a pilot in a Republican squadron, flying the Russian Polikarpov I-15 fighter, nicknamed "Chato" - "The Snub-nose". (In one mission you will fly the Miles Magister, which was used by both sides in this conflict. And in a final mission you get to try the Polikarpov I-16 "Mosca" - "The Fly".)

You can download it here: http://www.mission4today.com/index.php?name=Downloads3&file=details&id=756

The historical context is the same as in my two previous "Malaga" campaigns ("Attack on Malaga", where you got to fly the Heinkel He-51C, and "Bombs over Malaga", where you are flying the twin-seat light bomber Heinkel He-45). After the failure of the Nationalists to capture Madrid and the Republican counterattack at the Battle of the Corunna Road, the Nationalists are seeking to regain the initiative. A 40 kilometer wide strip of land in southern Spain along the Mediterranean Sea, centering on the city of Malaga, is held by the Republicans. This is to be the Nationalists new target...

Despite the fact that you get to try both the Miles Magister and the I-16 this is basically biplane heaven. Expect a lot of tense dog-fights, often at low level. And the "Chato" is great to fly, and with four MG's it packs quite a punch. You can understand why it made such an impact in SCW, basically outclassing all fighters on the Nationalist side, at least until the arrival of those early marks of the Bf109.

You will need DreamK's He-51C and He-45, Agraciers Malaga map plus the bomber version of the Ju-52. Links to these MODs can be found on the download page. A BIG thank-you to the guys behind these GREAT MOD's! Building campaigns is my humble way of paying back a bit to the community.

Included in this campaign is 18 skins, the work of the following skinners: Patrulla Azul, Tchaika, Caldrail, Mangas, Metatron, 1-Thirteen, Snorri Bradhawk, Imme, and Murdoc. Thanks guys! (I haven't found out who made all these skins, but will of course update as soon as I do.)

Thanks for looking!
You want to give financial support to a front line Ukraine unit fighting the Russian invaders? Paypal kyivragnarock@gmail.com

cgagan

• SAS Team
Re: New Spanish Civil War Campaign: "Defense of Malaga"
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2010, 02:47:20 AM »

Many thanks Poltava for what appears to be yet another great campaign! 8)

andrey65

« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2010, 06:46:50 AM »

Thank you for Poltava!
I already flew in this campaign, killing 12. Just two hours did not leave!
Lots of fun!
In one mission, was on the MBR-2 ...

SAS~Poltava

• Avid FMB user
  • SAS Honourable Member
  • Help Ukraine fight
    • Check out my modded campaigns
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2010, 07:00:52 AM »

That's VERY strange. I checked the mission and the MBR was clearly set for the correct squadron / flight, i.e. NOT Squadron 1 / Flight 1, 2, 3 or 4.
You want to give financial support to a front line Ukraine unit fighting the Russian invaders? Paypal kyivragnarock@gmail.com

vegetarian

« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2010, 06:23:04 AM »

I didn't have ES in my Missions/Campaigns folder so I had to install the Forgotten Countries Mod to my UP2.01 to run this campaign.
I ran the first mission and it looked great, until the the Fascist He51C-1 appear - they are CR42s!! I checked the .mis file and it had listed Class air. He51C, so I don't know what went wrong? Any help would be appreciated.
BTW - The He51C-1 has been installed correctly, and appears in FMB, QMB etc.
In spite of my issue, thanks for another great campaign Poltava. Since my uni days when I studied the SCW in history, I've always been interested in this great ideological conflict.

PA_Sergei

« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2010, 01:02:16 AM »

That's VERY strange. I checked the mission and the MBR was clearly set for the correct squadron / flight, i.e. NOT Squadron 1 / Flight 1, 2, 3 or 4.

I´m flying campaing too, and 3ª mission, was on the MBR-2... ¿maybe this plane is checked as player´s in campaing desing?
I´ll try to edit mission in FMB.

Thanks

Mission_bug

• Modder
« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2010, 09:13:34 AM »

Hello vegetarian, I've had the same problem with the He-51 appearing as a CR-42 in another Spanish campaign.  The problem seems to appear if the He-51 is set for Spanish Nationalist, I went into the FMB and changed them to German and the problem goes away.  Not ideal I'll admit, but it works.

Wishing you all the very best, Pete.

LuseKofte

« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2010, 12:25:22 PM »

Poltava I LOVE U....
If u where a gal i would marry u , at least if u where a pretty girl........and maybe rich
Your job is so well done and it even come with the skins.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.104 seconds with 27 queries.