Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Welcome to FUNLAND!  (Read 14076 times)

AIRdomination

Welcome to FUNLAND!
« on: August 29, 2010, 09:59:55 PM »

DOWNLOAD HERE

The Brief:

RJFN  -  Funland

METAR:
RJFN  280900Z  03010G18KT  10SM  FEW015  25/M06  A2992  RMK  AO1  SLP132  T02471062

Have you ever wanted a map where you'd have everything you'd ever want all in one place? Welcome to the airport that has everything you will probably be looking for in a map! Ladies and Gentlemen, WELCOME TO FUNLAND!

NOTAMs:

Runways 03, 21, 36, and 18 are in use as well as all 3 Helipads. Runway 03-21 uses more advanced approach lighting system than Runway 18-36. East airfield is closed for obstacle courses and racing. V-1 Launch pad located at northern apron launching a V-1 every 2 minutes to a heading of 165. Larger aircraft please use left spawn-point for runway 36-18. Gliders, rockets and sea planes please use air start base located northeast of the Island. Carrier operations may be conducted south of the island. Use caution: the racetrack cuts through area of operations. Searchlights in use between sunset and sunrise. Trademark located on a hill northeast on the Island 1600 meters AGL over the peak, please do not destroy it. For target practice, fly a heading of 120 and you will see a balloon marking the island full of targets.

Racetrack Information:
The race starts at the threshold of Runway 21. Follow the campfires, they act as the course path. You will see where the race finishes. For detailed information about the racetrack, see the racing directory for information about obstacle courses. The racetrack was designed specifically for the Su-26M. DO NOT attempt with other aircraft because reconstruction takes forever, and causes lots of frame rate issues. Some obstacle courses are simply too small for other aircraft. When not racing, feel free to use any
obstacle with any airplane you wish. Use extreme caution.

Click on images for larger resolution.

RACING & OBSTACLES DIRECTORY
1). V-1 Launch Pad
The launch ramp is located at the northern apron and launches a V-1 at a heading of 165 every two minutes. Although this is NOT an obstacle in the actual racetrack, it can be used to kill time by chasing, shooting, and flipping over V-1's. WARNING: HIGHLY EXPLOSIVE AREA AT THE RAMP. NO SOLID OBJECT MUST BE WITHIN 10 FEET OF THE RAMP OR YOU WILL EXPERIENCE EXTREME LAG.

2). Bloody Arches
This tunnel is split apart from the inside and is immediately the first obstacle after taking off from Runway 21. The lower portion of this tunnel is extremely narrow. Use caution when flying through it. It does not matter which of the two split portions you fly through. If not racing the course, feel free to challenge yourself from either direction.

3). Tunnel of Fire
This is a relatively easy tunnel made up of bridge parts. The fires are placed closer together here to give a burning illusion and compensate for frame-rate. Note: The ceiling is lower than it seems. Fly as low as possible.

4). Stadium Madness
This zone is made up of three stadiums and pillars making up a small steep turn flight path. Be careful not to hit any pillars. Feel free to mess with the stadiums when not racing. Note: This is also a heavy searchlight area for night flying.

5). Smokey Tube
This tunnel is made of hangars with a twist. The entrance/exit on the south side has been cut in half in terms of size. Also, facing south in the tunnel is a rocket launcher firing off rockets every so often towards the southern entrance. Hope you don't get hit!

6). Low Bridge
This is an extremely low to the ground airway. It is not very long but it is recommended for small aircraft only. Larger aircraft may have prop strikes against the ground. (Yes, it's that low.)

7). Narrow Waters
This is essentially a pathway made up of a group of aircraft carriers. Towards the western exit of the tunnel there is an EXTREMELY narrow escape route as well as overhead balloons to prevent upward escape. USE SMALL AIRCRAFT ONLY UNLESS YOU THINK YOU HAVE ENOUGH BALLS. :P

8). Acid Trip
The reason this one is called acid trip is because of the illusion it creates when you fly through it. The pathway itself is not that narrow (watch for flags), but the cranes that make up the tunnel are carefully placed so they are equally spaced from each other giving a rather interesting illusion to your eyes when flying through it, almost like when you're on acid! The finish point of the race is on the southern point of the tunnel. It is noted by a flag.

9). Narrow Escape
This obstacle course was not placed as part of the racetrack because it is by far the hardest one to accomplish, and that doesn't happen often. It is made up of tiny openings in the bow of the Akagi aircraft carriers. ONLY VERY SMALL AIRCRAFT CAN MAKE IT, and yes it's possible to go through, I've done it before.

10). Trademark
This has absolutely no entertainment value what-so-ever other than the fact it looks cool and brings up the morale of the airfield. You are kindly asked please do not destroy the trademark to what makes Funland, fun. ;D It is located about 2500 meters MSL on a hill towards the city limits. Note: Moderate searchlight area for night flying.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

====The following mods are ABSOLUTELY REQUIRED for this map to work properly:=====

• SAS Mod Activator (unless you have default airfield plates in your static.ini/objects list already. It's more than likely included in HSFX and UP)
  • Redko's Okinawa map repacked by me: Download here
  • Santobr's realistic lights mod: Download here
  • ZloyPetroshkO's SemiAtmosphere mod v4.3 Download here
  • LAL_R-one's Hangar Mod (No working link so I uploaded my version) Download here

Enjoy your modernized airport and have fun! PS: This map takes a LONG time to load for the host, and load times will be even longer for those joining the game. PLEASE be patient for the map to load.. it takes a little less than 5 minutes, but it's worth it! I tried to keep it FPS friendly as much as possible. There is not that much lag, and it's definitely flyable!

Enjoy...
~ [^]AD

5./JG54_s0crazty

• http://roen911.deviantart.com/gallery/
  • A Greek in the cockpit.Better run!!!!!
Re: Welcome to FUNLAND!
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2010, 01:35:48 AM »

Looks really cool Thanks!

michel_boonstra1974

• Modder
    • Michel's video corner
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2010, 02:30:42 AM »

Great job, it looks amazing! Thank you so much!

jt189

• Retired Warrior
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2010, 06:12:17 AM »

You have a devilish mind this is fun almost more fun than killing migs. Thanks

Slikk

• Modder
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2010, 07:22:42 AM »

Thanks AD. The pics looks great. Downloading now.

RedrumSalad

« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2010, 09:57:36 AM »

Awesome

SAS~Malone

• flying as #46 with the FAC
  • Editor
  • proud member of that 'other' site
« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2010, 02:15:09 AM »

thanks AIRdom, this really is fun!  8)
and i appreciate all the effort that went into this, having tried something similar once...it's a lot of work and patience - so, much appreciated!  8) ;D
.....taking fun seriously since 1968.....  8)

farang65

• never two weeks two decades
  • SAS Team
  • Fortress Formosa
« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2010, 07:02:09 AM »

WOW  ;D  Airdomination  8)

Soooooooo Ccccccoooooooollllllll   8)

Awesome fun in FUNLAND   ;D

I know what I'll be doing this weekend  ;D

Crashing aircraft a lot in you very very cool most of the mostest fun missions  ;D

Just a note the environment mod link to filefront reports an error.

I may have it somewhere

Cheers Kirby

StrykVladzimsky

• Airship Pirate
« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2010, 08:10:03 AM »

How on earth do you install this? I have no clue!

SAS~Tom2

• SAS Honourable Member
  • no sweat
« Reply #9 on: August 31, 2010, 11:41:41 AM »

Still miss a link to SemiAtmosphere modV4.3... ;)  The links in Cyrillic where a bit hard to decifer sorry, googled through them all, no v.4.3 found.
Using 01_Zuti_DSMod_v1.01_UP..don't know if that is a useful info lol.

Otherwise, these shots look pretty cool! Cheers..

Tom

AIRdomination

« Reply #10 on: August 31, 2010, 09:37:15 PM »

Download Atmosphere mod from the attachments in the FIRST post on this thread here:

http://forum.aviaskins.com//showthread.php?t=1072

Also:

Random Stuff in Funland

This is when me and my buddies were testing the an older version of this map... just enjoying the time hahaha.

AIRdomination

« Reply #11 on: August 31, 2010, 09:38:56 PM »

How on earth do you install this? I have no clue!

Just put Dogfight in Net and replace.
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up

Page created in 0.07 seconds with 25 queries.