Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How does skyraider mod working for making a skin  (Read 2777 times)

CK_Fougasse

How does skyraider mod working for making a skin
« on: August 24, 2010, 01:12:08 AM »

hi all

does anyone attempt to do a skin for new mod of skyraider...
Lot of trouble with this... seem that you need you skin different part separatly ...

anyone have a clue or a blank model or have tryed to do one ?

Thanks a lot for helping

vtrelut

• SAS Honourable Member
  • Cheese addicted froggy
Re: How does skyraider mod working for making a skin
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2010, 05:33:39 AM »

Maybe ask the author of the mod CY6, and his associates directly? (see separate thread on the mod release).

I guess I know which skins you want to make... looking forward to them.

Mission_bug

• Modder
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2010, 04:37:31 PM »

Hello CK_Fougasse, if you have made a skin for the previous versions of the aircraft then that will still work for the fuselage.  Unfortunately you will need to create seperate files for the wings as described in the read me.

Here is a skin I've had a go at.

The wings use the template for the F-84, but in this instance I just used the existing file and painted out the US markings and added my own layer.  Made a lines layer as well to go over my insignia.

The readme gives instructions on how to create a folder for your skins, this only worked for me when I removed the + from the Skyraider folder.

Wishing you all the very best, Pete. ;D

RAF_Hollywood

• RAF662
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2010, 02:29:57 PM »

S!

My opinion on the + before the Skyraiders mod is just so it will be the first mod that you see in your mods folder. This, in my opinion, is just the authors preference and should need to be removed because it is my understanding that the the DiffFM folder needs to be first to which mine is named 0_DiffFM. I believe the DiffFM folder needs to be first for "some" mods, therefore I removed the + in front of the CY6_Skyraiders folder and mine works fine. If anyone knows this to be true or false, please enlighten us with your knowledge. I certainly would like to know for sure.

Mission_bug

• Modder
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2010, 02:47:03 PM »

Hello RAF_Hollwood, to get the NewWingSkins folder to work that has my altered files for the Cambodia skin I did indeed need to remove the + from the Skyraider folder.  It doesn't appear to have caused any problems that I can see using the Skyraider mod.  As instructed for anyone making changes to the wing skin the folder name is +NewWingSkins with the actual aircraft folder being CY6_Skyraiders.  Obviously if you have an older version then you will probably need to remove it if you remove the + from the latest version.

Wishing you all the very best, Pete. ;D

Checkyersix

• Modder
  • Dr. Frankenplane
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2010, 04:24:26 PM »

All that matters is that the wings folder loads before the skyraiders folder. So if you name it +AAAA_NewWings it will load before +CY6_Skyraiders...
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.061 seconds with 20 queries.