Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: SAS Modact/folder for UP201 users  (Read 30213 times)

SAS~CirX

• R.I.P.
  • SAS Honourable Member
  • No Zips, Only Buttons
SAS Modact/folder for UP201 users
« on: August 13, 2010, 06:17:34 PM »

Download SAS Modact for UP2.01

UP2.01 does not come with a disabled MODS folder like previous versions, which can be quite a challenge for new users who want to manually add more mods or planes from here, and cannot make one themselves. So I put together this package. It is a 7zip file that contains a MODS folder. You take the MODS folder and you put it in your main game directory.

Inside is an STD folder, and inside that you will find an AIR.INI file , and SAS OFFLINE Buttons file version 6.1, as well as a weapons_ru and plane-ru properties files. Basically what you need to add more planes, nothing fancy. All these are set up to work with vanilla UP2.01, to get you started

To learn how all this works, please visit out tutorials section and educate yourself: https://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/board,7.0.html

If you want to play online, better imediately download our online buttons file, or in any case, a more recent buttons file if there is one:
https://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/topic,97.0.html

Note on the air.ini. It is an ordered air.ini, done with a placeholder file (the one called CB4787E2ABCAFD90), and orders planes into countries. You can order them any way you like, there is a Thread about that in the tutorials section.

Also, this MODS folder contains the DiFF FM mod already. If you dont know what that is, dont worry about it. Just leave it where it is.

If you find a desktop.ini file in the mods folder, you can delete it.

Enjoy!
SAS~CirX

SAS~CirX

• R.I.P.
  • SAS Honourable Member
  • No Zips, Only Buttons
Re: SAS Modact/folder for UP201 users
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2010, 05:08:47 AM »

yes, but I think by that stage they user can just add those himself. This is just a ready-steady-go thing lolo. just to get them off the starting block. But on the other hand, if you can package it and send it to me, I shall put up v2.0  ;)

StrykVladzimsky

• Airship Pirate
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2010, 06:46:39 AM »

So basically, I install this, then I can add planes to UP.201 like I did when I used just SASMODACT?

SAS~CirX

• R.I.P.
  • SAS Honourable Member
  • No Zips, Only Buttons
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2010, 06:51:08 AM »

yes, basically.

StrykVladzimsky

• Airship Pirate
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2010, 06:53:50 AM »

Cool, will try it when I get home.*Although superior has grounded me till' monday*

ptg

« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2010, 05:52:27 AM »

SAS~CirX,

I just had to say thanks so much for this mate.  I've gone from an AAA (9.3 soundmod), with stacks of hand-added mods, through a UI 1.2 which I buggered up at some point in it's existence and now found UP 2.1.

Used to adding my own stuff for a bespoke solution, I despaired when I saw there was no 'MODS' folder in the all singing and dancing UP 2.1; before noticing this little gem.

I had a brief liaison with the SAS MODACT before deciding on UP 2.1 and loved your categorised 'air.ini', which I see you have also added in this little puppy!  I was fully prepared to go through UP 2.1 and sort them as you had but you've already done it!  So I really wanted to say thanks for that effort and for this MOD folder so I can have UP 2.1 and still add mods 'till the cows come home. 

One seriosuly happy and appreciative customer!  S!

SAS~CirX

• R.I.P.
  • SAS Honourable Member
  • No Zips, Only Buttons
« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2010, 10:48:59 AM »

My pleasure mate. Thanx for the post. :)

SaS~JackS

• BUFF Driver
  • SAS Honourable Member
« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2010, 11:15:25 AM »

Hi Piet,

Thank you - your air.ini makes better sense than mine. Now to add the WIPs.

Jack

'ball of brass' - now that's new!
 :)

fellop

« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2010, 11:32:05 AM »

Greetings to all,

Many thanks for this great add on MOD. I have noticed however that if I switch from Up 2.01 to HSFX 4.11 by use of the ‘Switcher’ then HSFX 4.11 crashes to desktop at 60%; [UP 2.01 loads and works fine].

I found by removing the MOD then this allows HSFX 4.11 to load and work fine, so I think there must be some conflict between the SAS Modact. / Folder and HSFX 4.11 loading.
As I say it works fine with UP 2.01 it just seems to conflict with HSFX 4.11 loading, once removed [or isolated]  then HSDFX 4.11 loads fine.

Regards to all
Peter.

SAS~CirX

• R.I.P.
  • SAS Honourable Member
  • No Zips, Only Buttons
« Reply #9 on: August 16, 2010, 11:46:39 AM »

thats because this was made for offline players who would like to add mods to UP2.01, and would therefore have no need to switch to HSFX. But as you said, disabling the mods folder will solve that. There is no conflict, this mod folder was simply made for UP2.01, and so it's air ini contains a ton more planes than is in HSFX for SEOW. Hence, crash.

fellop

« Reply #10 on: August 16, 2010, 12:51:59 PM »

Many thanks for the explanation, there is still much for me to learn,   :)  and with the help of everyone here it is an enjoyable experience. I understand now you mention the offline parameter that it makes sense.

I only intend to use UP 2.01 anyway as 99.9% of my flying is offline, I have tried online but the group I fly with [very occasionally] have trouble working out each other’s real world time zone so it is not a regular occurrence.

Again many thanks to you and all here, who have proved to me that at 63 years old I am still enjoying learning new things. Keep up the great work and coming up with all these great Mods.

Regards
Peter

Nicholaiovitch

« Reply #11 on: September 02, 2010, 03:19:42 PM »

This is a great addition.

Is there a way to create a switcher housed in a JSGME Mod to place the "-" in front of an active MODS folder so that with one installation you can fly online? I believe someone achieved it recently by changing the name of the MODS folder to "mods" and placing a new "MODS" folder (housing STD, buttons etc.) within a "Files" folder in a JSGME housed Mod. Does that make sense to anyone?

I know it is better to have a separate online install....but I was just wondering if it could be done and it may prove useful to those with limited disk space.

Nicholaiovitch :-\

Edit:- I found the ref. re the creation of a JSGME entry for the above:-
http://allaircraftsimulations.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=106&t=28228&start=15#p330539

Using the above method I have tested it and found it to work well with the SAS Modact/folder for UP201 housed inside a JSGME Mod as indicated in the picture below.

I have renamed the "MODS" folder to "mods" as in the post above but I'm still not sure of the necessity for this. The original "MODS" folder in the root directory is replaced with a "mods" folder.

To check CRT=2, I have logged into WOP and it is fine with the JSGME "mods" folder  de-activated.

So basically you can have the benefit of UP201 clean install for online use and additions of SAS aircraft, buttons etc for offline use all in one installation and controlled through JSGME.....

But I guess many of you knew that anyway!

;D
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Page created in 0.044 seconds with 22 queries.