Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6   Go Down

Author Topic: - Coral Islands (UPDATED: 31-01-10)  (Read 24756 times)

SAS~Malone

• flying as #46 with the FAC
  • Editor
  • proud member of that 'other' site
Re: DOWNLOAD New Map : - Coral Islands (UPDATED: 31-01-10)
« Reply #48 on: February 18, 2010, 04:50:31 AM »

thanks jt...i really needed to know that.... ::)
as mentioned more than once earlier in this thread, I am busy with version 2, and am not going to bother any more with the d/l problems people are having with this. i have tested it repeatedly, and it works for some, but not for all....don't ask me why.... ???
this is the last time i'm going to repeat myself here - if it doesn't work for you, please wait for me to finish version 2, when i'll upload it at several places. i am now washing my hands of any problems encountered for this version, if anyone else feels they need to inform me of their d/l problems, i'm going to delete this thread entirely....i am tired of sounding like a stuck record player.... 8)
sorry for coming across a bit abrupt here, but I really, really, really hate repeating myslf over and over again.... :(
.....taking fun seriously since 1968.....  8)

jt189

• Retired Warrior
« Reply #49 on: February 18, 2010, 07:14:51 AM »

Marlone
Number one I go thru the same thing at work running job sites day after day with over 3000 workers. Plus I read the 1st page of the thread only and liked what I seen and read nice work. I will wait. 

SAS~Malone

• Editor
« Reply #50 on: February 18, 2010, 07:46:03 AM »

ok, mate---hang in there, and i'll let you guys know when version 2 is done... 8)

once again, apologies for coming across a bit strong, but if you read the last few pages of this thread, you'll see i've been answering everyone with basically the same message. whatever's causing the corrupted d/l is a mystery to me, it works fine every time i try it.
so, everybody, let me get version 2 done, then i'll make sure it works for everyone, and upload it to several providers. RL is keeping me real busy for the next few weeks, but then i'll get right back on it.  ;)

Friedrich-Wilhelm

« Reply #51 on: February 18, 2010, 09:53:52 PM »

Hi Malone,

Don't worry. I really appreciate your work for the game that you share with us so freely. So, I don't mean to bug you with another plea for technical assistance. Instead, just for future reference, I would like to post the error messages I am getting when unzipping your files. I don't mean to ask you for any diagnostics, but perhaps, this information could be helpful for others who have run into similar problems. Here are the error messages

From original file v.1:

!   C:\Documents and Settings\Desktop\IL-2 Stuff\IL2PatchesandAddons\AAA Mods\Mod Maps\Coral-Islands\Coral_Islands_V1.rar: CRC failed in Coral_Tex\Coral\1600Mt_Village_A.BumpH.tga. The file is corrupt.

From update 1:

!   C:\Documents and Settings\Desktop\IL-2 Stuff\IL2PatchesandAddons\AAA Mods\Mod Maps\Coral-Islands\Coral_UPDATE_1.rar: CRC failed in Coral_Tex\Coral\JungleKTABurma_fields.tga. The file is corrupt

In any case, this is already a step up for me, because when I first tried to unzip your files (quite some time ago), they wouldn't unzip at all. Now, I could at least unzip, install and get them to work, even though I got this error message.

So, please do take your time. I will be grateful for whatever update you choose to offer to us here whenever it is ready.

Best Regards,

FW

SAS~Malone

• Editor
« Reply #52 on: February 19, 2010, 02:28:42 AM »

thanks FW, at least i can see where people are having problems if you post the errors. i'll see if i can upload those problem textures sometime over the weekend... ;)

saunders1953

« Reply #53 on: February 19, 2010, 09:31:19 AM »

Hi Malone,

I too appreciate your work and am in no hurry to push you on this.  I just wanted to second FW--those are the same messages I got when I tried v.1 a couple of weeks ago.  Hope this might help in the future.

Mark

lam

« Reply #54 on: February 20, 2010, 11:36:40 AM »

push him too much and that laser eye of his (in his signature image) will obliterate your screen... ;)

yep, those are the same file errors that I posted a couple of posts back. looking forward...

SAS~Malone

• Editor
« Reply #55 on: February 20, 2010, 11:25:00 PM »

ok, gents, I've uploaded the 2 textures that seem to be giving many of you a corrupted error.
Just put them into your Mapmods/Maps/_Tex/Coral_Tex/Coral folder, with the other textures from the original.
 download: https://storebror.it.cx/sas/archive/sas2/Malone/ADD_Textures.rar
Let me know if there are still any errors with them.
Progress on version 2 is continuing (slowly) as I get the spare time - I'll keep you all informed of when to expext it, still a few weeks away.... ;)

Epervier

• 4.09 Guardian Angel !
  • SAS Team
  • I'm French and Rebel_409! Nobody is perfect!
    • Some tinkering here
« Reply #56 on: February 21, 2010, 05:26:15 AM »

Thank you very much.
The "add_textures" : ok !
Merci !
If your results do not live up to your expectations, tell yourself that the great oak was once an acorn too. - Lao Zi -

Friedrich-Wilhelm

« Reply #57 on: February 21, 2010, 01:52:23 PM »

Thanks, Malone.

I have downloaded and installed the two new textures. Let's see how they work.

Regards,

FW

P.S. Just tried it this evening. All is working fine. Thanks again!  ;D

lam

« Reply #58 on: February 22, 2010, 08:30:04 PM »

downloaded and extracted fine - yay! thanks!

SAS~Malone

• Editor
« Reply #59 on: February 24, 2010, 05:31:24 AM »

that is odd, Benno...post a screenie for me, i need the laughter to help take the stress off a hard day.  ;D
obviously, there are still issues here that i have no explanation for, other than your map_ c is corrupted. i'm still on UP1.8, not on 2.0 yet, so i have yet to test it, but several other guys have it working fine on theirs.
as i've mentioned before, rather hang in there until i get version 2 done, which will be fully compatible with UP 2.0.  :D
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6   Go Up

Page created in 0.072 seconds with 25 queries.