Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 ... 32   Go Down

Author Topic: FaceTrackNOIR: facetracking without headset new 1.7.2 version released!!!! look  (Read 168846 times)

shardana

Re: facetracking without headset
« Reply #48 on: August 18, 2010, 06:01:26 PM »

now, this is funny, I get the software working, i even get the tracking with the yellow lines and then after maybe 30/40 seconds this applications just stops, it doesn't even give me the chance to start my game and see if it goes with it. obviously I need to now some more about it. for example I've put all the files from the update into the original file of the application that i have in programs, is there anything i need to delete from it, or change. also i would like to know if i have to delete my freetrack software that is still installed in my laptop. tell me if you think iI've done anything wrong so far.

SAS~HolyGrail

• Modder f*ck*r =)
  • SAS Team
  • A little mod in the making !
« Reply #49 on: August 18, 2010, 06:15:04 PM »

I am sorry , got to go , I am done for today , tomorrow we'll get back to it  8)
Do not uninstall freetrack , I have it also installed , it should not be causing any problem .
Make sure you have installed HeadTrackingDemo_NC 6.2 and .NET framework 3.5

S! HG  :)
Dignified silence is worth more than a thousand insults...

liamp51

« Reply #50 on: August 18, 2010, 07:39:43 PM »

Hi guys,

I did everything...I installed the faceAPI demo that solved the ippcore-5.3 dll missing thing. But when I load the notrackir software up and then press start...I get this error:

Failed to register camera catagory:Un speciffied error.  I am assuming that the faceAPI does not detect my webcam even though the notrackir software does. I have a Gigaware Webcam with Mic Model number 25-157.

I really want to get this to work!

liamp51

EDIT: I have the most up to date drivers for my webcam.

Eexhaton

• Ancient Entity
  • Modder
  • Bukakke Blitzkrieg!
« Reply #51 on: August 19, 2010, 02:21:44 AM »

UP 2.01 install .
Just a little demonstration with game default camera view and
then with " 00_6DOF_Tracker_2_0_sHr " mod  8)

S! HG

It's impossible to compile smooth video with Windows Movie Maker 2  >:(
Ummm... Holy?

Why are you complaining?? O_o
My tracking is not even nowhere near as smooth as that, and the video plays good aswell!

I'm (still) looking at a full-blown stuttershow, but i'm going to try and see if Glovepie+PPJoy can change anything about it.

On the settings I can say only 1 thing so far:
>> Each user has to define them on his own, as they differ per camera/system etc.
On my setup i've got YAW & PITCH axis on 500% and still not smooth, can't even check my 6 'o clock.

Sorry to dissappoint people with that news, and i'd love to provide settings for any lazy bums around, but i'm really affraid it's not gonna work that way with FaceTrackNoIR.
You'll have to configure it by yourself.

@Shardana: FTNoIR crashed out on my system a few times aswell, I suspect due to cam overheating or just a clogged up RAM & processes.
I don't think you should delete Freetrack, but check if that runs OK.
Have you tried removing FTNoIR and Seeingmachines Demo and reinstalling them?

@Liamp51: Are your graphics card display drivers up to date aswell?
If you have another cam somewhere (borrow one?), try to swap it out and see if it works.
It did for me.

liamp51

« Reply #52 on: August 19, 2010, 07:45:46 AM »

Negative...I don't want to up date my graphics drivers because a friend was saying that some of the new Nvidia drivers are failing with IL-2. I have a BFG Technologies GTX 260 SuperClocked. I also don't have another cam lying around...I think I'll go back to making a free track device. :(

Thanks!
liamp51

Eexhaton

• Ancient Entity
  • Modder
  • Bukakke Blitzkrieg!
« Reply #53 on: August 19, 2010, 09:07:51 AM »

Negative...I don't want to up date my graphics drivers because a friend was saying that some of the new Nvidia drivers are failing with IL-2. I have a BFG Technologies GTX 260 SuperClocked. I also don't have another cam lying around...I think I'll go back to making a free track device. :(

Thanks!
liamp51
Well now, don't give up that fast ;)

I did'nt, ran to the store and bought a Logitech Webcam C120 and it works perfectly with FaceTrackNoIR!!
So far the best 15 euro's spent this week!

I don't know your age or what you've got to spend, but I can highly recommend it, run to your piggybank, hammer it down, find yer local computershack and pillage that thing! ;) :P

SAS~HolyGrail

• Modder f*ck*r =)
  • SAS Team
« Reply #54 on: August 19, 2010, 09:10:17 AM »

Here are few things I would like to say about FaceTrackNoIR  :)
Demonstration video was made mainly to show that it works but like everything in development ,
some things need to be looked in to and possibly improved in order to be facetrack even
more enjoyable  8)

Camera is the most deciding factor in FPS and how smooth your
head movement will be inside cockpit once your camera is working with FaceTrackNoIR .

1. this is example when web camera is automatically configured and constantly adjusted by
installed camera software:
Only 15FPS = BAD , with this when minimizing FaceTrack software and playing IL-2 1946
this would create slideshow and stutter = USELESS .

2. Web camera automatic configuration and adjustment is disabled and camera Exposure
setting is reduced down to pull out at least 30FPS = GOOD = SMOOTH :

FaceTrackNoIR second update was made specifically as V4Friend mentioned to avoid
unecessary configurations and installs of Glovepie+PPJoy and instead only " Fake TrackIR "
is being used for IL-2
Nothing else will help you if your camera is unable to pull out at least 30FPS , maybe
even 25FPS could do it  :)

Advantage:
1.free
2.during daylight
3.no headset
4.no baseball cap

Disadvantage thus far:
1.dark environment
2.6DFOV due to no option for assigning key for stabilizing gunsight view during attack

If you start Skype for video call , camera automatic adjustment for focus and exposure
might be started so in that case you have to manually disable those things again before flying

S! HG  8)

V4Friend

• FaceTrackNoIR
« Reply #55 on: August 19, 2010, 11:40:59 AM »

Hello HG,

Thanks for your video: you really promote both IL-2 and FaceTrackNoIR with that 8)
Also thanks for your evaluation of the program: I like to hear comments and LOVE to hear compliments  ;D

Two things:
  • I would call the 'need to wear a hockey-mask' a disadvantage.
  • How do you suggest the 'stabilizing gun sight' should work? Does that mean you want to freeze one or more DOF's?
V4Friend

SAS~HolyGrail

• Modder f*ck*r =)
  • SAS Team
« Reply #56 on: August 19, 2010, 01:28:07 PM »

Hi V4Friend ,
everything I've said was meant to be considered that this software is still being
developed and is not meant against it , I love FaceTrackNoIR software  8) 

L.O.L. that stupid mask is Jason Voorhees from Friday the 13th series  :D ;D
I just didn't wanted to show my stupid face in the morning so I used mask and
guess what , FaceTrackNoIR is able to pick up facial lines even from that mask and
working with it !!  :o  8)

No , " stabilizing gun sight " option is issue only when used with 6DFOV and not in
regular normal default game view when flying with facetrack .
In case of 6DFOV , it's very hard to line up your head in a split seconds when behind
the enemy plane trying to see exactly through middle of the gunsight in order to be
able to aim and shoot with some precision .
What would be helpful is some option for assigning keyboard key or joystick key when
there is need to aim and shoot when using 6DFOV , the view will move exactly to
the center so pilot can see through gunsight while disabling at the same moment any movement
up or down , to the left side or to the right side while leaving just zoom in/out feature of 6DFOV
to still allow head movement in 6DFOV forward and backward in order to zoom in or out on the
target while lining up the shot .
I don't know how to explain this 6DFOV stuff , maybe someone will post better explanation  :)

Thank you for continuous development of this fantastic and pretty easy to use software  8)

S! HG

nzwilliam

« Reply #57 on: August 19, 2010, 01:45:14 PM »

HG:  Doesn't the gunsight button in your IL2 install restrict 6DOF when in the gunsight mode?  I've got the gunsight toggle (or whatever it's called...I'm not at my computer at the moment) set to a button on the joystick which sounds like it has the same effect on 6DOF that you're talking about...or am I missing something?  Are you talking about FaceTrackNoIR not currently having the ability to set a dead-zone?

Spinnetti

Ok, I read every post, and my condition not listed...
« Reply #58 on: August 19, 2010, 06:30:04 PM »

I got it installed with no problem. Tracking in the application works perfect, and way smoother than my original trackir.. Its only showing 15hz, but still tracking smoothly. I have an integrated webcam, so not sure where/how to adjust any of the camera settings, but it seems to track just fine.

HOWEVER, it doesn't work in IL2.. what's the trick? I picked faketrackir and face api, and if I alt=tab out of il2 its still tracking away, but not in IL2... what else is needed? (Trackir software not running - should it be?). I made sure to start the app before IL2, just like I would with trackir

Thanks! This would be great to get working.

V4Friend

• FaceTrackNoIR
Re: Ok, I read every post, and my condition not listed...
« Reply #59 on: August 20, 2010, 01:48:40 AM »

I got it installed with no problem. Tracking in the application works perfect, and way smoother than my original trackir.. Its only showing 15hz, but still tracking smoothly. I have an integrated webcam, so not sure where/how to adjust any of the camera settings, but it seems to track just fine.

HOWEVER, it doesn't work in IL2.. what's the trick? I picked faketrackir and face api, and if I alt=tab out of il2 its still tracking away, but not in IL2... what else is needed? (Trackir software not running - should it be?). I made sure to start the app before IL2, just like I would with trackir

Thanks! This would be great to get working.
Hi Spinetti,
Good that you got it working, now just the last hurdle(s)  ;)  I have read others post about an update for IL-2, to enable 6DOF. I never consciously installed that myself, but maybe you need it?

You could also check the Registry-setting needed for 'fake TrackIR'. It's:
Code: [Select]
HKCU\Software\NaturalPoint\NATURALPOINT\NPClient Location\
REG_SZ: Path
'Path' should point to the installation folder of FaceTrackNoIR.

You should NOT run TrackIR (or Free-track) simultaneously, because then this setting would probably be changed by that program.

Good luck!

Edit: Just read Spinetti's post on SourceForge. Seems he's got it working now! May need a little tweaking though ...
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 ... 32   Go Up

Page created in 0.056 seconds with 25 queries.