Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 29 [30] 31 32   Go Down

Author Topic: FaceTrackNOIR: facetracking without headset new 1.7.2 version released!!!! look  (Read 192514 times)

Tecnico66

Re: FaceTrackNOIR: facetracking without headset new 1.60 version released!!!!
« Reply #348 on: November 04, 2012, 09:25:18 AM »

I try the 1.60 version,but it doesn't work,i launch the exe,the program recognize the webcam,but never happend,if i open the "tracker source - settings" windows,the engine state says "terminated",my sistem is W7 64Bit i5 processor and the webcam isa a Microsoft Livecam HD-3000,i tryed some resolution settings but the same result..

Antae_destronas

• Scrumpadoochous
  • Todos los hombres nacen iguales, y diferentes.
« Reply #349 on: November 05, 2012, 07:26:30 AM »

Finally it works to me !! There was a problem with codecs, I used Codec Tweak Tool to solve it.
Now there's a problem with it:
When I run FTNoIR with DBW, crashes at 95%. Did it happen to anyone ?

Thanks and congrats for this software
 Alberto

ANDYTOTHED

• Modder
  • angle computing gunsights
« Reply #350 on: December 16, 2012, 05:19:10 AM »

I just downloaded this and everything was fine till I installed v160.
I says it can't create an engine and when I try and run face API on it's own I get a critical error.

SAS~Storebror

• Editor
  • Taking a timeout
    • STFU
« Reply #351 on: February 09, 2013, 07:21:24 AM »

Late but nevertheless I grabbed a Webcam today and made my way through it's installation, which unfortunately was all but trivial, darn cheap pc stuff, but it took me just 9 bucks for the cam + headset.
Once the webcam was up and running, I installed FaceTrackNOIR  1.60 and I must say I'm impressed.
Worked out of the box for me, no issues, need to do some fine-tuning to have it behave as I like it to but it really worked straight on.

For those who had hassles with DBW etc., please bear with me but it's just now that I really had the possibility to look into this and in fact there's a conflict between the current selector and IL-2's recent TrackIR implementation.
This will be fixed with a new IL-2 Selector version.

Best regards - Mike
Don't split your mentality without thinking twice.

santobr

• Modder
  • Senta a Pua!
    • F

The new 1.7.2 is almost perfect. 8)
Thank you very much! :)

But if you have an ATI GPU, you know that ATI driver's team doesn't like standards, they have their own OpenGL without any standard.
So, if your FTNIR loads and then quits without any error, just put the file atioglxx.dll inside the main folder of FTNIR.
Yes, yes, just like IL-2, unfortunately. :-\
This is not FTNIR's fault, it is ATI driver's team's fault. :-[

There are things that only ATI does for you. :'(

santobr.

SAS~Storebror

• Editor
  • Taking a timeout
    • STFU

When I run FTNoIR with DBW, crashes at 95%. Did it happen to anyone ?
The question is quite old but my investigations just recently evolved again, so let me ask you this:
Did you activate the TrackIR classes within JSGME?

Best regards - Mike
Don't split your mentality without thinking twice.

Bonez

• Arsch Spa
  • Modder
  • F#*! It...Let's RIDE...

PAL Visual Mod also does not play nice with FTNI. If you're running that mod, starting FTNI will smack you down to the desktop.
ASUS M3N-HD/HDMI | AMD Phenom X4 9850 Black Edition 2.5GHz OC 10% | 8GB DDR2 6400EL Series Patriot RAM | NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GTS 640MB

LeroyJenkins

After using FreeTrack with a MS Life Cam a few years ago, then moving to FaceTracknoIR it was a big difference. The fact that I didnt have to use batteries and a homemade setup, just my head was cool.

After getting a PS eye, and going from 15-21 fps to a constant 30fps I could tell a difference. For some reason, I could not get the PS eye over 30fps even by adding the cleye.config file. I ended up buying TrackIR 4 pro off craigslist. Finally I am happy.

My take on this whole thing...

Freetrack - Good stuff with a PS3 eye running a higher dps. Pain in the but to get it set up the rght way. It seems (to me) like a constant battle to get it centered, and if you have to step away from the game, well back to re-centering it, and tweaking it. Batteries in my led lights setups was a constant battle with long play times in IL2. Replacing LED lights was getting annyoing. Its free which is good, but too much tweaking. Worse part, a bit of jitter here and there.

Facetracknoir - Again good with a PS eye (even better I assume when you can get over 30fps). I loved the fact you dont need anything on your head. The problem was again tweaking and setups. You have to make sure the lighting is just right. Not a problem when I played at night. But on a weekend afternoon, ambient light was screwing me. After a week of constant setting tweaking, I was getting frustrated. Changing lights, adjusting curves, adjusting the physical cam, and the filtering. It was getting to be more tweaking than actually playing some il2. Worse part, jittery, and jumpy.

TrackIR - So I bought TrackIR4. Not the latest version, I know, but I still cant drop 150+ on it. It only has the hat clip not trackclip pro. I was sckeptical on how it will work compared to the others. I installed the latest driver, set up the tiny reciever, and put on the hat. Fired it up. It was almost dead center, but it hit F12 once to get true center. Loaded il2, and it worked. No tweaking, no cam placement issues, no adjusting even one setting. It just worked out of the box. While playing I had to get up, walk away from the cam, and was prepared to re-center and re-calibrate when I sat back down. Nope, no need. I was right back into the action without having to do a thing. I can play in the dark, in the light, and no problems. The best part....it is smooooooth as silk.

So to wrap up. I love the face Freetrack and Facetracknoir are out there. I hope they can continue to improve and actually market their products the same way TrackIR does. TrackIR is way too expensive for what it does and they NEED some real competition. But, as of now, nothing can compare.

Thanks for the advice.. I am facing similar issues with facetracking and I think your suggestion is perfect.. Thanks again..

PhoenixOrion

I've got the latest edition of FaceTrackNOIR and it is working sort of I can look up and down left and right, but cannot lean forward or backwards nor can I lean left or right nor can I move my head up and down. Does anyone have any Idea as to what this could be.

santobr

• Modder
  • Senta a Pua!
    • F

Shift F1? :)

santobr.

PhoenixOrion

Shift F1? :)

santobr.

Yep I finally figured that out after reinstalling and messing with tracknoir for hours. Didn't think it was something in IL-2.

Charrua

• Grupo Aeronaval Embarcado Virtual

It worked fine with version 4.12 .....

GAE_Charrua - www.gaev.com.ar
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 29 [30] 31 32   Go Up

Page created in 0.072 seconds with 25 queries.