Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32   Go Down

Author Topic: FaceTrackNOIR: facetracking without headset new 1.7.2 version released!!!! look  (Read 192335 times)

Eldo

I can't get it to recognize with IL-2 using the DBW mod. I enabled it with the JSGME 6DOF TrackIR, should I do that or not? Works excellent with my laptop webcam.

lokitexas

After using FreeTrack with a MS Life Cam a few years ago, then moving to FaceTracknoIR it was a big difference. The fact that I didnt have to use batteries and a homemade setup, just my head was cool.

After getting a PS eye, and going from 15-21 fps to a constant 30fps I could tell a difference. For some reason, I could not get the PS eye over 30fps even by adding the cleye.config file. I ended up buying TrackIR 4 pro off craigslist. Finally I am happy.

My take on this whole thing...

Freetrack - Good stuff with a PS3 eye running a higher dps. Pain in the but to get it set up the rght way. It seems (to me) like a constant battle to get it centered, and if you have to step away from the game, well back to re-centering it, and tweaking it. Batteries in my LED setups was a constant battle with long play times in IL2. Replacing LED lights was getting annyoing. Its free which is good, but too much tweaking. Worse part, a bit of jitter here and there.

Facetracknoir - Again good with a PS eye (even better I assume when you can get over 30fps). I loved the fact you dont need anything on your head. The problem was again tweaking and setups. You have to make sure the lighting is just right. Not a problem when I played at night. But on a weekend afternoon, ambient light was screwing me. After a week of constant setting tweaking, I was getting frustrated. Changing lights, adjusting curves, adjusting the physical cam, and the filtering. It was getting to be more tweaking than actually playing some il2. Worse part, jittery, and jumpy.

TrackIR - So I bought TrackIR4. Not the latest version, I know, but I still cant drop 150+ on it. It only has the hat clip not trackclip pro. I was sckeptical on how it will work compared to the others. I installed the latest driver, set up the tiny reciever, and put on the hat. Fired it up. It was almost dead center, but it hit F12 once to get true center. Loaded il2, and it worked. No tweaking, no cam placement issues, no adjusting even one setting. It just worked out of the box. While playing I had to get up, walk away from the cam, and was prepared to re-center and re-calibrate when I sat back down. Nope, no need. I was right back into the action without having to do a thing. I can play in the dark, in the light, and no problems. The best part....it is smooooooth as silk.

So to wrap up. I love the face Freetrack and Facetracknoir are out there. I hope they can continue to improve and actually market their products the same way TrackIR does. TrackIR is way too expensive for what it does and they NEED some real competition. But, as of now, nothing can compare.

eliassmith02

G'day, Just found out about facetracknoir and tried using 1.6 and the previous version but it seems its not tracking my face. I was hoping that someone could point me in the right direction. I'd primarily be using it with FSX.
I'm currently running
I7 920
Nvidia 550
Win 7 64bit
Logitech web cam 9000 pro

I have also tried the head track demo from faceapi and doesn't seem to work either.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

propr

Works pretty good with microshaft vx3000. Now if I can only figure out why I can't see the gun crosshair unless I scoot low in my chair.

SAS~Malone

• flying as #46 with the FAC
  • Editor
  • proud member of that 'other' site

most probably you should switch to gunsight view (default = Shift+F1) to get the correct gunsight position. as it is with the default view. ;)
.....taking fun seriously since 1968.....  8)

frommontenegro

Re: FaceTrackNOIR: facetracking without headset new 1.60 version released!!!!
« Reply #341 on: August 24, 2012, 12:58:11 PM »

I have a problem with some dll-s.It says 'no dll's were found in Waterfall procedure' I installed the latest demo and face track no ir,but i still get the same error.Any help would be greatly aapreciated.
Webcam:Genius FaceCam 1005

Porksmuggler

« Reply #342 on: August 24, 2012, 02:04:28 PM »

I have a problem with some dll-s.It says 'no dll's were found in Waterfall procedure' I installed the latest demo and face track no ir,but i still get the same error.Any help would be greatly aapreciated.

Old issue with the faceAPI, need to follow the directions here under: IPP runtime related error(s)

http://facetracknoir.sourceforge.net/manual/knownissues.htm

Or follow the steps I outlined back on post #94 in this thread, or #229, or #242

frommontenegro

« Reply #343 on: August 25, 2012, 06:01:37 AM »

Old issue with the faceAPI, need to follow the directions here under: IPP runtime related error(s)

Or follow the steps I outlined back on post #94 in this thread, or #229, or #242
I have downloaded the old NPclient and pasted it in the main directory of the Face Track No ir.Unfortunatley it didnt work.I am at the moment attempting to reinstall version 1.60 and then paste the old client in hope that it works.Btw I am running W7 64bit.Could that be a problem? Please help I really want this to work.

frommontenegro

Re: facetracking without headset
« Reply #344 on: August 25, 2012, 06:16:09 AM »

nope, also faceapi demo returns the waterfall error.. don't know if is a specific problem of my sistem only, googling i've found same error on various other  programs.. :)

A1 Phoenix, I had the same error.  Uninstall everything, and make sure you uninstall the "Intel(R) IPP Run-Time Installer 5.3 Update 4 for Windows* on IA-32" also.  Then install the FaceAPI Demo only, which should reinstall the IPP runtime library correctly.  Test that before installing FaceTrackNoIR.  I posted this error here also:

http://www.mission4today.com/index.php?name=ForumsPro&file=viewtopic&p=81682#81682
It would be helpfull to post a link sense I can't download the damn thing.I found it on software informer and it just doesnt want to download

frommontenegro

« Reply #345 on: August 25, 2012, 06:32:59 AM »

Follow those steps for ipp runtime library,still the same error for the waerfall procedure.

georgeanton.gr

« Reply #346 on: August 27, 2012, 02:45:53 AM »

Congratulations! :)This software works like charm!! 8)And is freeware ! :P At the  begining  many years ago  the il2   it was a very good simulator but who is can imagine all these !!
-Modded aircraft from 1916 to 1980,until now because i saw one project from the..future !!
-Modded environment and maps all kind
-Modded ships and vehicles
-A lot  of upgrades and then, 3d freeware software and now this,just unbelievable,amazing!!
I think the il2 is the most great simulator ever,just because all those modders who are spend a lot of time for these projects !
            Thanks alot guys ,congratulations to all!!
 KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK!

Ghost129er

• EX F.A.C. #65
  • Ghost of the skies.
« Reply #347 on: November 04, 2012, 06:02:17 AM »

I dont know about y'all, but I just installed the beta 1.60 on my pc, changed some settings for il2, reverse, bla bla bla, and tada! IT WORKS GREAT! USING IT ON SO MANY GAMES AND SIMS! GREATEST APP EVER! :3 Thanks to V4 and team for making this, it is epic epic epic! Though I cant get it to work on Real Flight G5.5 3:

Ghost
But whenever they talked about him, they always had a slight smile on their faces.. And that, perhaps, maybe your answer.
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32   Go Up

Page created in 0.076 seconds with 27 queries.