Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 ... 32   Go Down

Author Topic: FaceTrackNOIR: facetracking without headset new 1.7.2 version released!!!! look  (Read 192501 times)

Dinga

Re: FaceTrackNOIR: facetracking without headset
« Reply #180 on: January 17, 2011, 04:55:46 PM »

To V4Friend
I would like to say something about this software.
I have been using it for about a month now and I would have to say Face TrackNo IR is pretty good.I am using a Logitech C120 camera that I got second hand for 11 dollars and it gives a steady 25-30 fps.I do find that I have to do a bit of fiddling about with the setting when there is low light conditions.Once I have it set up right FacetrackNoIR keeps tracking me fairly well.It does loose tracking a few times during a flight, if I move my head to fast or do exagerated head movement,like trying to check my elevators or something, but it soon picks your face up again.I have tried the latest version and it works but I do not really no how to set up the curves at all, so mostly I am just doing testing. At the moment I am using version 1.0 and it works well.Just a bit hard to do a check on individual gauges zoomed in, even if you try hard to hold your self steady.I think the newer version may help with this.Having never used headtracking of any kind before I am quiet pleased that I can actually get FacetrackNoIR running and fly a mission successfully.It certainly is different than flying with the hat switch.I am hoping that the makers can really develop this software to its full potential.

SAS~Malone

• flying as #46 with the FAC
  • Editor
  • proud member of that 'other' site
« Reply #181 on: January 18, 2011, 12:05:01 AM »

Dinga, adjusting the NeutralZone settings a bit in the Curves settings helps a lot to keep your head steady when looking at the instruments while zoomed in - i have mine set on 2 or 3, and it works great!  ;)
.....taking fun seriously since 1968.....  8)

SAS~Malone

• Editor
« Reply #182 on: January 18, 2011, 01:55:11 AM »

i need to add from my side - i'm still not getting any kind of 6dof movement with my settings - it doesn't seem to function at all....i have pitch and yaw working great, but any kind of tilting, zooming attempts have made no impression so far...
am i missing a setting in conf.ini, perhaps? or what do i have to do to get 6dof working?
is there a specific exe i should be using, perhaps?

Eexhaton

• Ancient Entity
  • Modder
  • Bukakke Blitzkrieg!
« Reply #183 on: January 18, 2011, 04:27:56 AM »

Malone,

I assume you have your IL2 running with any of the 6DoF enabled exe files that come with UP?
(also assuming you have UP2.x ;) )
Or that you atleast have sHr or Pablo's repack of the 6DoF in any possible way going.
And that your tracking in FTNoIR is also picking up your movement and keeps track of it without too much jitter?

If you used my config, it could be perhaps that you (by accident?) disabled a few axis?
Have you checked the axis inhibitor function? (FTNoIR > Options > Keyboard Shortcuts menu)

For some reason it sounds to me that either you have disabled some axis' or it might be conflicting with your axis inhibitor that simply shuts out your yaw and pitch - as those are the axis' I set to be disabled in my config. :)
Roll and X,Y & Z axis movement should still be possible with it.

Have you tried loading a default profile in FTNoIR and crank up full sensitivity on all axis' ?

In FTNoIR you should see movement on all axis on the lower left panel with the numbers.
And if your Tracker Source is set to FaceAPI with your Game Protocol on Fake TrackIR, it all should be working.

The last thing I can think of, is that there might be something in conflict, like perhaps something related to Freetrack or TrackIR if you have such software.
But that seems really a long shot.  :-X

SAS~Malone

• Editor
« Reply #184 on: January 18, 2011, 05:13:19 AM »

Hi Eexhaton, thanks for your reply.
i'll try and answer everything you mentioned:
i have 6dof enabled with my IL2, on both UP and 4.10 modact install.
it works with the mouse, but not with FTNoir...
i have used your config, slightly adjusted, with all axes enabled...
i must just add here that i'm not 100% sure with the axis inhibitor options...if you choose a shortcut keyset, then it should disable/enable any of the checked axis?
i don't have any axis selected there...with yours you had pitch and yaw checked, correct - i have unchecked all, perhaps this is wrong?
i'll try from scratch with a default setting, but i do see movement (numercally) with all six axis on the lower left panel...
FaceAPI, Fake TrackIR - check on both counts.
i don't have any other Freetrack/IR stuff installed, so i doubt a conflict...
screen:

karla

• Modder
« Reply #185 on: January 18, 2011, 09:42:14 AM »

Hi guys. I'm still trying to get FTNoIR to work.

Over the past two months I've used four webcams with no success: Logitech QuickCam IM V-UBB39, Logitech QuickCam Chat V-UAP42, Microsoft LifeCam VX-1000 and, most recently, Logitech Webcam C120.

I've removed and re-installed SeeingMachines API and demo a couple of times; I haven't changed DirectX 10 though (EDIT: just installed DirectX 9.0c which didn't make any difference). I'm still getting the "... detecting WDM camera ... failed to read friendly name: error_file_not_found..." message when I start the demo. (Just to let you know I'm not that dumb, I recently tried out FreeTrack with IL-2).

I'm running out of ideas. Is anyone able to help please?

Q6600, 3GB, Vista SP2, DirectX 10, AVG, no Skype

Eexhaton

• Ancient Entity
  • Modder
  • Bukakke Blitzkrieg!
« Reply #186 on: January 19, 2011, 07:07:37 AM »

@Malone:
The axis inhibitor function goes into effect when you press the corresponding hotkey.
Pressing it again disables the function again.

You say it works with your mouse, to me that sounds like you have the 6DoF tracker mouse version running.
Is that correct?
If that is the case, then that might be the culprit.
If not, we shall have to look further :D

For myself, i'm running UP2.0 with the 512mb_6DoFTiR.exe enabled through JSGME.
Have you tried this yourself with any of the exefiles? :)

@Karla: Does the seeingmachines demo work for you?

karla

• Modder
« Reply #187 on: January 19, 2011, 01:24:47 PM »

@Eexhaton no, the SeeingMachines demo does not work for me; I gave some details in Reply #129.

I'll try almost anything if you've any ideas. I've 'stalked' V4_Friend in other games forums and also mentioned FTNoIR in the FlightSim FSX Forum to see if I can pick up any tips. I'd really like this system to work.

Dinga

« Reply #188 on: January 19, 2011, 01:31:10 PM »

Dinga, adjusting the NeutralZone settings a bit in the Curves settings helps a lot to keep your head steady when looking at the instruments while zoomed in - i have mine set on 2 or 3, and it works great!  ;)

Thanks Malone I will give that setting a go when I install the newest version.
Just a quick query about using 6dofTir
Why do you need this installed when you already get the headtracking with Facetrack?

SAS~Malone

• Editor
« Reply #189 on: January 19, 2011, 01:40:12 PM »

well, it seems that might be what i'm missing to get the 6dof workinf with FTNoir, it might be the 6dof mouse version that's overriding it....i'll give that a try.
@Dinga, the 6dofTIR is needed for 6dof movements to work with FTNoir... ;)

Dinga

« Reply #190 on: January 19, 2011, 04:30:11 PM »

well, it seems that might be what i'm missing to get the 6dof workinf with FTNoir, it might be the 6dof mouse version that's overriding it....i'll give that a try.
@Dinga, the 6dofTIR is needed for 6dof movements to work with FTNoir... ;)
I am still not sure what you mean Malone.Do you get more movement or something with 6dofTIR!I have tried enabling the 6dof tracker with JSMEG, unfortunately Facetrack would not work after I did that.
I am quiet happy with the way it works without 6dof enabled .

I am still not aware of what it adds to Facetrack.Can you give me some pointers please Malone?

SAS~Malone

• Editor
« Reply #191 on: January 19, 2011, 10:59:11 PM »

sorry, didn't think i'd need to explain what 6dof does....?
it gives you an extra movement axis, a few degrees of movement besides the regular X/Y, up/down-left/right movement. so it would relate to giving you a tilt movement, and a zoom movement, basically, in Facetrack...
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 ... 32   Go Up

Page created in 0.075 seconds with 27 queries.