Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 ... 32   Go Down

Author Topic: FaceTrackNOIR: facetracking without headset new 1.7.2 version released!!!! look  (Read 192513 times)

Eexhaton

• Ancient Entity
  • Modder
  • Bukakke Blitzkrieg!
Re: facetracking without headset
« Reply #60 on: August 20, 2010, 02:44:15 AM »

@V4Friend:

I noticed there are several hotkey enabled functions in FTNoIR.
Is there a way that I can remap those to other keys?
Currently the '=' key is in the way with my keyboard throttle settings :P

I can ofcourse remap IL2's keys, but being able to remap keys in FTNoIR would be a handy feature. :)

V4Friend

• FaceTrackNoIR
« Reply #61 on: August 20, 2010, 03:48:14 AM »

@V4Friend:

I noticed there are several hotkey enabled functions in FTNoIR.
Is there a way that I can remap those to other keys?
Currently the '=' key is in the way with my keyboard throttle settings :P

I can ofcourse remap IL2's keys, but being able to remap keys in FTNoIR would be a handy feature. :)
You are right: it's on top of the wish-list. I read other posts about keyboard-language issues as well, so I have to take that into account. For now, I can indeed only advise to remap the game-keys. Sorry  :-\

Spinnetti

« Reply #62 on: August 20, 2010, 05:06:58 AM »

Hi Spinetti,
Good that you got it working, now just the last hurdle(s)  ;)  I have read others post about an update for IL-2, to enable 6DOF. I never consciously installed that myself, but maybe you need it?

You could also check the Registry-setting needed for 'fake TrackIR'. It's:
Code: [Select]
HKCU\Software\NaturalPoint\NATURALPOINT\NPClient Location\
REG_SZ: Path
'Path' should point to the installation folder of FaceTrackNoIR.

You should NOT run TrackIR (or Free-track) simultaneously, because then this setting would probably be changed by that program.

Good luck!

Edit: Just read Spinetti's post on SourceForge. Seems he's got it working now! May need a little tweaking though ...

Thank you for the feedback.. its a really good idea, and almost there but.... How can I make it track faster? I noticed a few others with same issue. I have all settings maxxed, and there is quite a bit of lag between my head motion and the screen motion. (by the way, I also got it working with 6DOF, but the view height is all goofy so I turned that off in IL2).

THanks!

Eexhaton

• Ancient Entity
  • Modder
  • Bukakke Blitzkrieg!
« Reply #63 on: August 20, 2010, 05:19:45 AM »

@Spinetti: my solution was to buy a new cam, cheap Logitech C120 does the job quite fine and is available well under 20 dollar/euro.

It worked like a miracle.

Other options are to turn the Filtering option off and set smoothing to a low value (5 or less).

Tute

« Reply #64 on: August 20, 2010, 08:55:30 AM »

OK, here is a little update that might encourage V4Friend to keep up the good work:

I came back to Ireland after a couple of years break, and i left my desktop back home. I brought with me my crappy laptop (definitely non-gaming kind), but with low resolutions and a lot of tweaking, let's say that at least i fly.
My specs :-\: Cpu core duo intel t2080, 1 gig ram, video card intel gma 945, so as you can see, is a 3 year old and outdated laptop. My point here is: If this piece of junk can run IL-2 and this wonderful program, no matter how much tweaking you have to do, just keep it up. I did what Holygrail said about the cam settings, and decided not to give up by following Eexhaton's example and here i am, with 30 smooth fps, and the game gets SO MUCH MORE REALISTIC!

So, Keep it up! and thanks again ;)

Uufflakke

• Modder
« Reply #65 on: August 20, 2010, 10:52:57 AM »

At this stage I think you need to be an expert to get things running. The site doesn't have the necessary info and I tried to find my way here but no joy.
First: what do I need to d/l? Just the green button which says "Download Now!" or "All Files" which are 6 files or so.
I already tried some things, I start up the program, see my face black and white but not the so called yellow tracking lines. And what's this thing about "Fake TrackIr"? I can't select that.
I decided to uninstall the whole thing as this game should be fun and no frustration. I think I will wait till adummy proof version will be released.  ;)
Till that time I stick to my Freetrack.
"The Best Things In Live Aren't Things"

SAS~HolyGrail

• Modder f*ck*r =)
  • SAS Team
  • A little mod in the making !
« Reply #66 on: August 20, 2010, 11:40:48 AM »

On the main download page :
http://facetracknoir.sourceforge.net/information_links/download.htm
you can see there is released second update containing TrackIR support .
Install first release of FaceTrackNoIR and then update with second update .
That 2nd update makes things much more simple by not having to install additional
and somewhat complicated stuff like Glovepie+PPJoy .
After this update you can select " Fake TrackIR " option and ready to go .  :D

S! HG
Dignified silence is worth more than a thousand insults...

Uufflakke

• Modder
« Reply #67 on: August 20, 2010, 12:31:08 PM »

Well, now I have my " Fake TrackIR " option but not ready to go.
What is video widget/ headpose widget? And what does this engine thing means with all its slidebars? Can I leave it untouched or...
By the way, the little screen turns into a slide show and it seems to eat my CPU (92%) and slows down my rig considerably.  >:(
"The Best Things In Live Aren't Things"

Spinnetti

« Reply #68 on: August 20, 2010, 05:26:58 PM »

@Spinetti: my solution was to buy a new cam, cheap Logitech C120 does the job quite fine and is available well under 20 dollar/euro.

It worked like a miracle.

Other options are to turn the Filtering option off and set smoothing to a low value (5 or less).

Um, kinda misses the point for me. I have trackir already, and my webcam is built into the screen of my computer. My goal is to eliminate extra junk on my computer, so getting another webcam is no good...
thanks..

V4Friend

• FaceTrackNoIR
« Reply #69 on: August 22, 2010, 12:33:41 PM »

Well, now I have my " Fake TrackIR " option but not ready to go.
What is video widget/ headpose widget? And what does this engine thing means with all its slidebars? Can I leave it untouched or...
By the way, the little screen turns into a slide show and it seems to eat my CPU (92%) and slows down my rig considerably.  >:(
Hi Uufflakke,

Sorry I didn't answer before, was kinda busy 8)
I understand that you have FaceTrackNoIR running. You see your face in the video-widget and you have the 'fake TrackIR' option selected. If you don't get the yellow outline, that means the tracker cannot find your face. This is usually caused by insufficient lighting. While trying to find your face, the faceAPI indeed used a lot of CPU-power...

What hardware and software are you using?

V4Friend

P.S.: I have updated the website, so now it contains more information and the downloads are easier to find. I'm still working on some kind of manual, to place on the website too.

SAS~CirX

• R.I.P.
  • SAS Honourable Member
  • No Zips, Only Buttons
« Reply #70 on: August 22, 2010, 03:18:28 PM »

Hi V4Friend

I just want to say thank you for taking the time to come here and help out with this cool software. We realy appreciate it, and I wish there was something we could do to reciprocate.

I have always avoided trackIR because of the cost, and freetrack because I cant be bothered to make a christmas cap :D

I am going to give this a try though, and hope for the best. I am more than willing to spend money on a compatible webcam, and hopefully the list will grow. First now to see if I can at least get the software runnig without the pc exploding. :)

Best of luck with the future updates and upgrades at the website, and my best wishes for your project .

I will report back on my adventure. ;)

SAS~CirX

• R.I.P.
  • SAS Honourable Member
  • No Zips, Only Buttons
« Reply #71 on: August 22, 2010, 05:11:36 PM »

cool! I got it working. But it is terribly slow, you look to the side and only second after does the tracking follow, and then only slooowly.

is this something that will be better with a better webcam?

also, it would be nice to still be able to pan view using the hat switches...or am I missing a trcik? :)
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 ... 32   Go Up

Page created in 0.073 seconds with 27 queries.