Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 ... 32   Go Down

Author Topic: FaceTrackNOIR: facetracking without headset new 1.7.2 version released!!!! look  (Read 178405 times)

SAS~Malone

• flying as #46 with the FAC
  • Editor
  • proud member of that 'other' site
Re: facetracking without headset
« Reply #168 on: January 14, 2011, 05:44:43 AM »

thanks mate - my experimenting is now in full swing...so far, so good!  ;D
.....taking fun seriously since 1968.....  8)

Eexhaton

• Ancient Entity
  • Modder
  • Bukakke Blitzkrieg!
« Reply #169 on: January 14, 2011, 08:48:02 AM »

Suggestion:

To clean this topic out and sticky it aswell.

Hereby requested.

SAS~Malone

• Editor
Re: FaceTrackNOIR: facetracking without headset
« Reply #170 on: January 15, 2011, 12:34:07 AM »

ok, i've stickied it for now...will clean it up a bit when i'm feeling a bit more energetic.... :P :D

Eexhaton

• Ancient Entity
  • Modder
  • Bukakke Blitzkrieg!
« Reply #171 on: January 15, 2011, 08:06:29 AM »

Much obliged Malone! 8)

How's your FTNoIR setup going so far?

SAS~HolyGrail

• Modder f*ck*r =)
  • SAS Team
  • A little mod in the making !
« Reply #172 on: January 15, 2011, 09:02:12 AM »

Just do not clean up my very valuable posts , video link and included pics regarding FaceTrackNoIR :D
Pretty please  ;D

My feelings about latest 1.4 version is that I am loosing for some unknown reason to me too much head track comparing to previous versions , I have had no problems whatsoever with previous versions but now head track is lost too often  :-X
Lets see what V4Friend have to say about it or if there was anything changed in 1.4 that might be causing such thing as nothing oherwise changed in my case , the same camera and settings  :)
Dignified silence is worth more than a thousand insults...

V4Friend

• FaceTrackNoIR
« Reply #173 on: January 16, 2011, 01:07:19 PM »

that did the trick, thanks mate....it's now working ingame, and the final steps are just tuning it, i guess.
at the moment, i have to make pretty significant head movements for it to respond, and it's quite a bit slower than my movements.
the movements are really smooth, though, which i'm quite impressed with - just a bit slow...
Hello SAS~Malone (and any others who might be interested),
I'm glad you have got it working. That's what it's all about!  :D

About the slow movement: I am working with another user (Dave), who is an audio-expert, to improve filtering in FaceTrackNoIR. What we have noticed so far is that the existing EWMA-filter indeed gives a nice smooth movement, but introduces quite a bit of lag. We are experimenting with some other type filters and Dave is convinced that we can get it 'perfect'.

We still have a it of work to do, so please be patient for the next update?

shardana

« Reply #174 on: January 16, 2011, 02:33:46 PM »

Glad to hear that!!! V4friend. looking forward to this improvement.

SAS~Malone

• Editor
« Reply #175 on: January 16, 2011, 02:48:20 PM »

thanks for the good news about the update, but don't rush on my behalf.. ;D :D
i'm still testing it, and setting it up to something i'm comfortable with, but it's really great so far!  8) 8)
the one issue i have is at night - i use only one light-source, just behind the camera, but it's not very bright, and no matter what settings i choose (so far) it doesn't seem to be able to work. in the Engine State box of the Engine Controls menu, it stays on INITIALIZING, and never seems to actually want to start. is this due to the relatively low lighting, do you think?
i've adjusted so that the cam actually picks me up quite well, but it doesn't get to the point of actually recognising my face...

Tute

« Reply #176 on: January 16, 2011, 03:18:53 PM »

@Malone: Today i got me a Ps Eye Camera to replace my Microsoft vx3000, and the new one deals very good with low light background, and i get a steady 30 fps, maybe can be an option for You...

shardana

« Reply #177 on: January 16, 2011, 03:46:24 PM »

Hi Malone, in order to have it working all you need is a Bright, possibly old bulb light. what I mean is that facetracknoir doesn't work very well with those new energy saving light bulbs, I got myself an old traditional one and I've put it just behind my inbuilt laptop camera. everyting works very well, all i need is just less demand on my cpu. ciao

SAS~Malone

• Editor
« Reply #178 on: January 17, 2011, 04:40:09 AM »

okay, i've been impressed enough that i feel a little review is called for.  ;)
once over the not-too-difficult installation/setting up procedures, this great piece of software easily outperforms all the LED-based facetracking software i've tried.
once i discovered how easily the curves can be adjusted for really smooth, responsive, yet not over-sensitive performance, i was truly impressed, and so glad to finally be rid of the extra headgear/paraphernalia that is normally associated with this kind of software!
a big hats off to the FaceTrackNoir team for the great and continuing support throughout ..
it looks set to be improving constantly, and i certainly think the flight-sim community owes you guys a great big thanks, for making our virtual flights that much more immersive!
i still have a hard time getting it work properly in low-light settings, and it would be good to look into this area a bit more, perhaps?
i've also had the program crash once or twice inexplicably, so maybe a slight stability problem, but i'm sure these are things that can, and will, be addressed.
overall, i am one happy camper using this software, and again, a big thanks!  8) ;D

ps: i started cleaning the thread out, but some it is quite interesting, to see how guys who initially had doubts have all been thoroughly convinced!...so, i'm still deciding what bits to clean out, and will do it ...at some point.. ;)

Eexhaton

• Ancient Entity
  • Modder
  • Bukakke Blitzkrieg!
« Reply #179 on: January 17, 2011, 04:48:06 AM »

Great and superb!

Thanks Malone for sticking with it and finally, like me, becoming part of the FTNoIR cult! ;) :D
Nice review too.

For the cleaning of the thread, i'd think it's wise to keep posts with the problems regarding FTNoIR and their solutions, aswell as the various pieces of advice on setting it up and tweaking it.
Once the software has been developed some more, maybe some things can be merged into a single topic with all info.

Just my 2/c on the matter! ;)

Thanks again for taking your time with FTNoIR to get it all running.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 ... 32   Go Up

Page created in 0.112 seconds with 26 queries.