Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 ... 32   Go Down

Author Topic: FaceTrackNOIR: facetracking without headset new 1.7.2 version released!!!! look  (Read 176557 times)

Geronimo989

Re: facetracking without headset
« Reply #144 on: December 19, 2010, 03:36:54 AM »

Thank you V4Friend. I got center/start working by mapping them to keys other than shift alt and ctrl. And I configured the program somehow, so it works for Il2 and ROF almost perfectly. I disabled translation(movement) of the head because it got weird, but frankly I dont need it all that much.
Great program, it improved my simming experience drastically! I recommended it to all my friends :)

Eexhaton

• Ancient Entity
  • Modder
  • Bukakke Blitzkrieg!
« Reply #145 on: December 19, 2010, 06:59:27 AM »

That's the spirit! ;)

Glad you got things working, have fun Geronimo. :)

V4Friend

• FaceTrackNoIR
« Reply #146 on: December 19, 2010, 12:45:29 PM »

Thank you V4Friend. I got center/start working by mapping them to keys other than shift alt and ctrl. And I configured the program somehow, so it works for Il2 and ROF almost perfectly. I disabled translation(movement) of the head because it got weird, but frankly I dont need it all that much.
Great program, it improved my simming experience drastically! I recommended it to all my friends :)

That's the spirit! ;)

Glad you got things working, have fun Geronimo. :)

Thanks guys! I can only agree with that  :D

Pursuivant

« Reply #147 on: December 20, 2010, 01:06:33 PM »

Thanks for your extensive feedback. Have you read this: http://facetracknoir.sourceforge.net/manual/manual.htm?

The problems with the tracker not finding your face are typically faceAPI-things: I can't change the program to fix that. Have to tried disabling the auto-exposure on your web-cam? I usually sit next to a window too and tracking works fine then. But, when the sun shines I can't see anything on my screen anyway, so I shut the curtains...

Hi V4Friend, sorry for the late response, but I'd hoped that you'd see my post eventually. Nothing beats technical support from the software developer!

Your link to the manual is a godsend. I looked for a manual, but I didn't see one. It would be an easy and very helpful tweak to your web site to add a link to the manual from the home page.

I'm currently reading the manual and trying to tweak my set-up.

Sadly, I'm running into computer problems which have nothing to do with your program. I'm getting conflicts with the latest Nvidia graphics card driver upgrade, which not only refuses to let me to run IL2 using OpenGL, but also seem to conflict with TrackNOIR.

I'm also having trouble with the HP webcam software. The software is designed for children or idiots and has minimal documentation. My guess is that the FaceAPI used by the crappy (resource hogging, slow-loading, badly documented) Arcsoft software which comes with the web cam is as shoddy as the software. If possible, I'll try to use the actual Seeing Machines FaceAPI.

Have you checked 'over-all' CPU usage when you fly IL2 with FaceTrackNoIR? The faceAPI is quite CPU-demanding and I guess IL2 is too?!

When TrackNOIR was attempting to recognize my face under difficult conditions, it was taking up to ~35% of my CPU power. Once it recognized my face, it dropped to ~10-15% of CPU power. Frame rates never got "out of the red zone" though. I'm sure that my problems are due to badly configured web cam settings and other problems with my PC rather than TrackNOIR. I just have to work with it some more.

V4Friend

• FaceTrackNoIR
« Reply #148 on: December 20, 2010, 01:50:33 PM »

When TrackNOIR was attempting to recognize my face under difficult conditions, it was taking up to ~35% of my CPU power. Once it recognized my face, it dropped to ~10-15% of CPU power. Frame rates never got "out of the red zone" though. I'm sure that my problems are due to badly configured web cam settings and other problems with my PC rather than TrackNOIR. I just have to work with it some more.

Hello Pursuivant,

I think you are right there: 10-15% is quite acceptable for the face-tracking. I do hope you can solve the other problems, cause it is really quite important to get the fps up. Good luck with that!

karla

• Modder
« Reply #149 on: December 21, 2010, 12:27:23 PM »

...... still trying to get FaceTrack 1.4 to work. I've just tried a Microsoft LifeCam VX-1000 as well as the Logitech QuickCam IM V-UBB39 that I mentioned last month. Both cameras work in normal modes.

I see that Windows Driver Model (WDM) cameras run under Windows 98 to XP and are backwards compatible under Vista. I've tried running the HeadTrackingDemo with both cameras under Vista various compatibility modes with no luck. So ...... I wonder how many users are running Vista?

Other possible reasons for failure may be a corrupted ntdll.dll (which I'm still trying to replace) or something related to DirectShow drivers. Oh, and it also may be affected by DirectX (which I'm reluctant to fiddle with at present).

Like I said, I'm still trying and I will publish details for others' guidance if I get HeadTrackingDemo or FaceTrack to function at all.

V4Friend

• FaceTrackNoIR
« Reply #150 on: December 21, 2010, 12:37:18 PM »

...... still trying to get FaceTrack 1.4 to work. I've just tried a Microsoft LifeCam VX-1000 as well as the Logitech QuickCam IM V-UBB39 that I mentioned last month. Both cameras work in normal modes.

I see that Windows Driver Model (WDM) cameras run under Windows 98 to XP and are backwards compatible under Vista. I've tried running the HeadTrackingDemo with both cameras under Vista various compatibility modes with no luck. So ...... I wonder how many users are running Vista?

Other possible reasons for failure may be a corrupted ntdll.dll (which I'm still trying to replace) or something related to DirectShow drivers. Oh, and it also may be affected by DirectX (which I'm reluctant to fiddle with at present).

Like I said, I'm still trying and I will publish details for others' guidance if I get HeadTrackingDemo or FaceTrack to function at all.
Hi karla,

I'm running Vista myself and various users have reported FaceTrackNoIR to work with W7 (32 and 64-bit versions). So I think, with your OS and drivers fixed it should be possible to get it to work. Good luck!

Oscarito

« Reply #151 on: December 22, 2010, 09:18:37 AM »

What are your current settings Oscarito?

Can you post them?

Hi!

Back to business! Sorry for this long delay to reply. Computer crashed (but nothing related to FaceTrackNoIr ;D). I'm resuming flying affairs, now with a improved machine ;). Dowloaded Update 4 and restarted experiences...

MerryXMas! :)
v4.12+MA 5.3 - Win 7

Eexhaton

• Ancient Entity
  • Modder
  • Bukakke Blitzkrieg!
« Reply #152 on: December 22, 2010, 09:26:33 AM »

What are your current settings Oscarito?

Can you post them?
Hi!

Back to business! Sorry for this long delay to reply. Computer crashed. I'm resuming flying affairs, now with a improved machine ;). Dowloaded Update 4 and restarted experiences...

MerryXMas! :)
Haha, good to see a message from you Oscarito. :)
You were not the only one with a crash these days, welcome back!

Please keep us updated on your Facetrack experiences. ;)

Merry Xmas! 8)

V4Friend

• FaceTrackNoIR
FaceTrackNoIR in 2011!
« Reply #153 on: January 07, 2011, 12:43:03 AM »

Hello IL2-aces!

I'd like to stir up this thread a bit by wishing you all the very best for 2011!
Work on the next update is very much in progress: I'll let you know when it's released...

Wim.

SAS~Malone

• flying as #46 with the FAC
  • Editor
  • proud member of that 'other' site
« Reply #154 on: January 07, 2011, 01:04:45 AM »

wishing you a great 2011 as well, Friend....and looking forward to the update!  ;) 8)
.....taking fun seriously since 1968.....  8)

SAS~Malone

• flying as #46 with the FAC
  • Editor
  • proud member of that 'other' site
« Reply #155 on: January 10, 2011, 12:31:41 AM »

i'll be posting here for help soon....i encountered problems when finally trying to set up FTNoir, and it seems i've lost the image part of my camera...even in my Skype setup, i no longer have a video picture....my cam is a Logitech C200, and it was all working great until i installed FTNoir, which is when things went a little wonky, and i have no cam/video picture on any of the settings menu pages...
i'll post with more details when i have the time, bit busy at the moment... ;)
.....taking fun seriously since 1968.....  8)
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 ... 32   Go Up

Page created in 0.11 seconds with 25 queries.