Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Unified Map Mod  (Read 20735 times)

Slikk

• Modder
Unified Map Mod
« on: July 27, 2010, 11:56:53 AM »

Unified Map Mod

I started this mod because I wanted to unify some of the maps in the game. I really love the work that people are doing on some of the newer maps that have come out recently, and I think they give the game new life. At the same time, there are other maps that are already in the game that even though they use some of the same bodies of land, the textures are so different that they look like you are on a totally different map. Here is an example. The B-29 Alley map has Kyushu, Okinawa, Iwo, Saipan, Tinian, Aguijan, Rota, and Guam all in one map. This is a great map but it uses stock looking textures so I redid this map and used textures that have a more realistic earth tone look to them. Although most of the islands in the B-29 Alley map can be flown as single independent versions, the smaller versions don't match the B-29 Alley map, so I revamped it so that weather  you are on the big map with all of the Islands together, or if you are on single versions, it will still look the same.

The initial version of this mod came out so well that I just kept going until I had the whole Pacific theater done.  Now it all matches. The maps that were redone in this mod are…

B29_Alley, Burma, Guadal, Kokoda, Marianas, OJ Japan, Okinawa, Philippines, Rennell, SantaCruz, Singapore, The Slot, Tarawa, and Truk.

Installation:
1: You must first have the maps above installed.
2: Extract the Unified Map Mod.7z file
3: Copy the MODS folder into your IL-2 1946 root directory. When asked to overwrite, say yes to all.

NOTE: This mod was tested using UP2.1. If you are using UP2.1, the only additional map you should have to install is the OJ Japan map. If for whatever reason you do not install the OJ Japan map, you will still be able to play all of the other maps, you just won’t have access to the OJ Japan map.

Be sure to backup your MapMods folder just in case.

Special thanks to all of the map makers, and to Redko, Agracier, Bombsaway, and CY6 for their wonderful textures. And if I forgot anyone, thanks to you too.

Download link:
https://www.mediafire.com/?56giwwet6fyeqql

Here are some pics of just a few of the maps to show what I was trying to achieve with this mod.

Guadal from the Guadal map

Guadal from the Slot map

Burma from the Burma Map

Burma from the Burma Lower Map

Saipan from the Marianas Map

Saipan from the B-29 Alley Map

Truk Before

Truk After

Philippines

SantaCruzr

If you're saying to yourself, I don’t see a difference between the pics, that’s just it. These are totally different maps but now they are unified. Some of the other maps in this mod are not part of a big map but I re-worked them anyway because I thought that they needed to be updated.

Enjoy!

Slikk

SAS~Bombsaway

• Choose your battles wisely.
  • SAS Team
  • A day without laughter is a day wasted
Re: Unified Map Mod
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2010, 01:29:58 PM »

Thank you Slikk. Some much need inprovments on these maps. Does anyone remember who made the OJ map? Sorry getting old you know.:) If someone can find out maybe we can his permission to post a new link to the map here. Also, I love the new look of Truk. Great job Slikk and thanks for getting some of my shallows in there. I like it. :)
Do not go gentle into that good night,
Old age should burn and rave at close of day;
Rage, rage against the dying of the light.

Slikk

• Modder
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2010, 02:12:39 PM »

Glad you like it Bombsaway. And thank you for the great water textures. They make a world of difference. The only place I know to get the OJ Japan map from is here...

http://allaircraftsimulations.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=126&t=5606&hilit=OJ+extra+Island

SAS~Bombsaway

• Choose your battles wisely.
  • SAS Team
  • A day without laughter is a day wasted
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2010, 02:25:13 PM »

I read that over there not too long ago that FabianFred has left the IL2 world to be a monk. He did a great job on this map and I hope he wont mind anyone continuing his efforts. Maybe you could add some air strips to the OJ map? It really looks good and I have always felt like it should have been continued. I think the original had a snow covered Mt Fuji. I didnt get a chance to see if your new textures had that or not. Maybe if it doesnt you could do that and add just a few air strips to breath some more new life in this great map.
Do not go gentle into that good night,
Old age should burn and rave at close of day;
Rage, rage against the dying of the light.

gianluca

« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2010, 03:02:12 AM »

Glad you like it Bombsaway. And thank you for the great water textures. They make a world of difference. The only place I know to get the OJ Japan map from is here...

http://allaircraftsimulations.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=126&t=5606&hilit=OJ+extra+Island

thks from my part!

csvousden

« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2010, 06:28:39 AM »

Where is the Kokoda map?  Does anyone have a link for it?  I would be grateful.
Charlie

Uufflakke

• Modder
« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2010, 06:53:20 AM »

Where is the Kokoda map?  Does anyone have a link for it?  I would be grateful.
Charlie

Found this version at AAS:
http://allaircraftsimulations.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=126&t=14382
"The Best Things In Live Aren't Things"

csvousden

« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2010, 09:31:14 AM »

Thank you! 
C

Benno

• Retired Airline Pilot
Map's, can someone ??
« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2010, 03:19:12 AM »

Hi'
I got hold of a Mod called Unified Map that can combine Pacific Maps to work as one.   It requires several Maps to be installed, but some of the names do not appear in FMB,  I'm using UP2.1.  I looked in Files/Map and there they are !!!,  can someone help explain this ????
Thanks
Benno

Whiskey_Sierra_972

• Modder
  • In memory of my beloved hero: Saburo SAKAI!
« Reply #9 on: August 01, 2010, 01:38:20 PM »

A reply that is of general use:

(name of map)(one space)(map folder name)/(name of the load.ini)

ex:

Okinawa_Japan_Korea OJ/load.ini

-Choose every name you like for the map and write it without spaces;
-Be sure that between the 2 part of the .ini there is only one space;
-Write the name of the map folder;
-Add the slash without spaces
-Write the name of the load.ini (usually is load.ini but can vary: wload.ini...load2.ini etc etc)

cheers

walter

Benno

• Retired Airline Pilot
« Reply #10 on: August 02, 2010, 02:44:35 AM »

Thanks Walter,  still can't get the OJ Map to load i get  "Map 2D not found in Maps/OJ/load.ini!  ??
Benno  :'(

Slikk

• Modder
« Reply #11 on: August 02, 2010, 07:30:23 AM »

@ Benno

Did you download and install the OJ Japan map separately from the mod? In order to get the OJ Japan map to work you will have to install it manually.
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up

Page created in 0.08 seconds with 26 queries.