Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Mission Building data - RAF, USAF, Italian RA and Luftwaffe squadron data  (Read 363 times)

Flatlander

If you are like me, you like to have (mostly) historically accurate information from which to be inspired to write missions.
To this end, I compiled historical OOB (Order of Battle) data and presented it in an easy to digest set of tables.

These Excel files contains tables of historical RAF/USAF/Luftwaffe and Regia Aeronautica Sqn data including:
1) dates when operating in different theatres and
2) the makes of aircraft they flew there.

800+ Luftwaffe geschwader
350+ RAF Squadrons
200+ Italian RA squadrons
1800+ USAF squadrons

The main table shows which theater of the war the squadron was active and a complete list of the planes they flew and the dates the planes were used.
Subsequent sheets are organized by Sqn number and date (in 3 month sections) with each entry colour-coded for the theatre.

Then, because I am a data nerd, I created a separate table focusing on each theater from which I derive a frequency count of the number of squadrons using each type of aircraft.
This effort is intended to help mission and campaign builders in their efforts to create high quality missions for IL2-FB (any version).

Edited link removed see post below

Enjoy

David Prosser

Oh, that's an excellent resource.

Flatlander

Thanks. :)

Frankiek

• SAS Team

I do understand that everybody value their work however I if you want to provide your material why ask for registration or email provision (that is basically the same).

Please be aware that SAS has a policy that don't allow links to sites that require registration  to get a download.

So If you still would like to share your files you can provide a link with no strings attached or your post will be taken down.

Please note that there are no bad feelings or any judgement (everybody is free to share in a way that is good for him), but just a reminder of what our policy has been since day one.

Thank you for your understanding  and for your hard work

vonOben

• Modder
  • Wer den Tod fürchtet, hat das Leben verloren.
    • vonOben's Flight Sim Mods

Many thanks Flatlander  ]thumbsup[

But I only found the file "Regia Aeronautica Combat Units of WWII", where are the RAF/USAF/Luftwaffe Sqn data?
vonOben's Flight Sim Mods  http://vonoben.free.fr/ Twenty Years online January 3, 2022!

Flatlander

Thanks everyone for your comments. No worries.
I'll try to address then in turn.

1) Regia Aeronautic is on the front page because that was the last one loaded up.
The remainder can be found after clicking the "Go to Shop" button.
There are a bunch of coop mission files there along with some software that players of an RPG called Rolemaster might enjoy.

2) I use Ko-Fi because I wanted a place to host the files, and give people the opportunity to contribute to the cause, should they choose.
The files are available for free.  I can see that several SAS users managed to work out the Ko-FI site (It's not the most user friendly) and download the files that interested them.

3) Ko-Fi does not require anyone to sign up as a user of the site. You can proceed to downloading the file as a "guest" with no strings attached.
I appreciate, and as a user of this site, am grateful for the aforementioned policy.

4) The same files are available at Mission 4 Today if the Ko-Fi site doesn't work for you.

Cheers,

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.063 seconds with 22 queries.