Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Worthwhile to create land hit effects for bombs/rockets on winter and desert maps?  (Read 376 times)

WxTech

• Modder

After fiddling around for a couple of days testing adjusted effects and new textures for winter and desert maps, I thought to re-work the existing "Land" effects by making them generally lighter in tone than I have had them in my later effect pack releases. Closer to the old stock 4.12 levels of lightness. While still appearing pretty dark on bright maps (desert often being paradoxically brighter than winter due to the winter lower Sun elevations), it's better than I had them.

While at it, I naturally performed some additional tweaking, swapping out certain textures and adjusting some other .eff file parameters.

And so I've decided, for now anyway, to abandon the addition of dedicated winter/desert effect folders. To do the project proper justice would be to adhere to the scheme of 4 folders each for the 3 explosive types (1000kg, 250kg and RS82). That's a potential addition of 72 new effects.

Incidentally, I have added a new effect attending explosions which is invoked for Pacific maps. It's a more prominent shock wave through air, simulating the impact of higher humidity.

Great minds discuss ideas. Average minds discuss events. Small minds discuss people. - Hyman Rickover (but probably predating his use.)
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.069 seconds with 20 queries.