Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: UP3 RC4.  (Read 617 times)

The Fly

UP3 RC4.
« on: May 18, 2023, 12:07:31 PM »

My Il2 installation is UP3 RC4 on 4.10 .
This version of UP3 came to my hands with a "com" folder that contained only the statics ini and I seem to remember that in i18n it was only maps properties.
For many years it worked well until I decided to install new planes. I found on the SAS forum a thread where Storebror posted the missing ini files on the sim and I've been installing a few planes until he told me...enough! 
 It only supports some new model as long as it disables another of the last installed.
Maybe updating the selector would solve something?
Any suggestions would be welcome.

Frankiek

• SAS Team
Re: UP3 RC4.
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2023, 04:14:27 PM »

Best thing would be to update to UP3.4 so you can overcome the infamous "Java wall" You wont miss anything from the old UP and you get a lot of additional goodies.
See here https://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/topic,67406.0.html https://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/topic,67406.0.html 

Go for Option 2 just make a copy of the old UP folder (or disable/rename it)  so that you wont loose anything.

You get a version with more content runs faster and you get rid of plenty of old bugs beside that there is continuous support

If you want to keep your old version you will always be haunted by the Java wall, and the obfuscated Zuti mod that completely stopped development so a lot of new material won't work

The Fly

« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2023, 04:59:41 AM »

Thank you Frankiek,
If I have not misunderstood, saving my UP folder, and installing over my current copy, option 2 of Ultrapack 3.4 and problem solved.
I break out in cold sweats :)
Will the result be functional? have you tried it? I ask and to give an example, my installation has jsgmemods and I have read that the new one no longer has that option. Will the aforementioned old JSGME remain in my new installation and will it not interfere with the new one that does not use it?
I know it sounds a bit finicky, heh, heh... but with the time it's taken me to clean up my version... I'd like to be sure of what I'm doing.

Frankiek

• SAS Team
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2023, 09:30:59 AM »

I did it myself keeping a backup of the old DBW/UP3RC4 heavily modded install but have to say that is more there for history as I normally use the new version.

if you have a  fresh copy of stock IL-2 and sufficient drive space the best would be to go for a completely new install of UP3.4. using option 3.

If you want to keep content from your RC4 you will need to download and follow instructions for option 2. In this way you will be able to maintain at least your mission and paintscheme folders. #UP folder renamed and or removed same thing for your JSGME folder after you have disabled everything in JSGME.

Installer will take care of everything.

Once you have your brand new UP3.4 continue until you reach SP2 hotfix 17 hotfix are cumulative so no need to go through complicated procedures the last one will do.

If you continue with option 2 disable everything in JSGME then rename old jsgmemods folder, disable and rename old #UP then install the new UP3.4. Once you have You can check what you have in the old folders and see what you would like to port to the new version. Keep in mind that many mod tweaking is now done in conf.ini and in game this makes JSGME redundant only new mod there is support for 4/3 screen.     

The Fly

« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2023, 11:23:00 AM »

I will make a backup copy of the sim and in principle I will opt for option 2 of UP3.4 that you advised me at the beginning and I will observe the result... and if everything continues working.:)
Thanks again.

DSI

« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2023, 01:01:38 PM »

Hi all.  ]wave[
I am writing a text in Google Translate.
I need help, comrades.  ]help[

Installed UP3 RC4 on a new computer with the Windiws11 operating system.
When I start the game, the screen displays only part of the original image - the upper left corner, as shown in the picture. Also, the mouse cursor is not displayed. In conf.ini I set the resolution to 2560/1080 - supported by my monitor.
Please help me fix the problem if anyone knows.

p.s.: Also, I have a question about playing tracks.
Will tracks recorded in UP3 RS4 be played correctly in UP3.4?

vonofterdingen

• Missioneer
« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2023, 04:08:48 PM »

See FrankieK's advice here:

https://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/topic,71255.12.html

If that does not work post your config.ini here.

DSI

« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2023, 07:41:41 AM »

See FrankieK's advice here:

https://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/topic,71255.12.html

If that does not work post your config.ini here.

Thanks for the prompt response, comrade. It worked, problem solved.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.08 seconds with 24 queries.