Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: Cessna 172 update request  (Read 2699 times)

ZtheE

• Skinner
    • Instagram
Cessna 172 update request
« on: January 23, 2023, 01:55:09 AM »

I have been spending sometime flying Eldor's Cessna 172 over the last year and I have some ideas to throw into this forum for this very nice model.

1. Wheel covers. Wouldn't it be cool to switch between having wheel covers and having naked wheels. Note: the model Eldor ported has the wheel covers

Source model (from FSX)

Ingame model

2. Cockpit. Currently the cockpit looks like this:

Although this cockpit is very nice and very accurate (sarcasm sarcasm sarcasm), the plane needs a cockpit upgrade to something like this:

Which will complement the interior that the plane currently has in our sim:

Just my ten-cents, this is not a gimme gimme request, the model is fine as it is but does need some update. If I could make these changes I would but I lack the knowledge and time to learn the skill require at the moment.
I got my BAT license from a cereal box and my computer can legally buy alcohol

Mission_bug

• Modder
Re: Cessna 172 update request
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2023, 10:20:21 AM »

Some time ago I made a start on just a modification but it did not get far so this is how it is in my install.  ;)

No working controls or instruments but you can fly around with it if you just ignore the obvious omissions.  :D

This just replaces your existing folder, your controls still work because it uses
the Cessna java but not controls or instruments work in the cockpit:

Link removed by me 24th Jan 2023, new one further down.

At a later date Alex (Bison_M) also had a tinker but I could not get the java from the Baron to work right so
this was what you saw:

I tried to turn the Baron java into a single but I either got CTD or more normally a hang of the screen and eventually
I just got annoyed with it and gave up intending one day to actually start from a new cockpit java and orient
the existing Baron parts as best I could, alas it never got there and sits in my install waiting for a time I might
take it on again. ::(

Take care and be safe.

Wishing you all the very best, Pete. ;D

ZtheE

• Skinner
    • Instagram
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2023, 01:16:17 PM »

Hello Pete, thank you for your work! However I can't seem to get the cockpit to show. I believe I might have the cockpit folders in the wrong place, can you please send a screenshot of the file structure?

Mission_bug

• Modder
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2023, 02:16:59 PM »

Go to the 3do folder and inside that deactivate the folder Cockpit by putting a '-' in front of it and then just copy paste the folder of the same name in my download so the mod uses that folder and you should be okay, hopefully. ;)  :o

The java is as before so my folder is named the same but I removed all the previous cockpit parts to build it again using the actual meshes from the Cessna rather than what it used before, I used the same names because the idea was to cut up the original cockpit and separate those parts and use them instead of what was there in the original download by using the same names only reorientating them if need be so they worked with the original java but I did not get very far as you see. :D

Take care and be safe.

ZtheE

• Skinner
    • Instagram
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2023, 04:36:08 PM »

Hello Pete. Still no dice. I use BAT so finding the plane's folder is a mission in it self. I also tried installing the cockpit on a new download of the mod but having issues with that too.

Fun.
I'll get it working eventually

ZtheE

• Skinner
    • Instagram
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2023, 04:48:55 PM »

Getting somewhere. There's not cockpit folder in the original mod so that makes it tricky

Mission_bug

• Modder
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2023, 03:14:06 AM »

Getting somewhere. There's not cockpit folder in the original mod so that makes it tricky

Now that is strange.  o_O

So, either there are a number of versions out there or I actually added a new cockpit class, not sure, it has been hiding in a dusty corner of my install for soooo long.  :o

I need to have a look and get back to you, maybe I will just post up what I have and that should cure your problem, hopefully. :D

Take care and be safe.

Mission_bug

• Modder
« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2023, 04:39:30 AM »

Okay ZtheE Studios, let's try again. :D

Looking through my saved java stuff it seems I did add a cockpit class possibly from the L-72 for 4.10 at the time I started this but I cannot confirm that. The new link has the working folder from my install and for anyone who has eclipse there is the java to play with.

Mediafire link:

Link removed by me 15th April 2023, see further on latest update.

It uses the same air entry as what you already had but deactivate/backup your existing mod before using mine so you know which you have working. ;)

It was a WIP so what is in the folder is all there is and I most likely will do no more to it but I do not know yet so as it stands you can do what I do and just use it to wander along your maps and enjoy the view, look out the windows and not inside the cockpit and you will be good to go. :o

Take care and be safe.

ZtheE

• Skinner
    • Instagram
« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2023, 05:07:19 PM »

Thank you for your patience Pete! Everything works fine now. I see what you mean about it being incomplete however it is still a fine addition in my books ;D ;D

I thank you very much for your work for this sim, it is much appreciated by everyone  :D

Once again, many thanks
Your pal, Will

Mission_bug

• Modder
« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2023, 02:24:47 AM »

Hello Will, glad we got there in the end. 8)

Sorry about the messing around, these things lie around for years and you forget where they came from or what you did to them especially at my age. :D

I think there was a issue with the windshield so I might have left that off, there were annoying tears or something in the corner so I removed it pending a fix but it never happened. :-[

At the very least I might have a go at making at the flight controls work, pedals and stick, I thhink also the rudder needs attention, the front wheel turns but not the rudder for me is it the same for you?

Take care and be safe.

ZtheE

• Skinner
    • Instagram
« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2023, 03:06:59 AM »

I was originally going to add "front wheel acts as rudder" to the post lol. I guess it is kinda funny that the yaw movement was controlled by twisting a dinky wee wheel.
I vaguely remember having that issue in a previous install before I downloaded BAT so it is an issue with the mod.

~Will

Mission_bug

• Modder
« Reply #11 on: January 25, 2023, 05:40:13 AM »

Hello Will, I have not actually looked at it yet as I only just noticed but I will add it to the list, it might need to be detached from the model or maybe just need appropriate name/java sorting out. ;)

Take care and be safe.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up

Page created in 0.082 seconds with 26 queries.