Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How to bring an HSFX mission to BAT?  (Read 490 times)

Wing Walker

How to bring an HSFX mission to BAT?
« on: November 20, 2022, 07:24:49 AM »

I used to use HSFX for years before I found BAT.

I was going to Hawaii on a family vacation and did a lot of mission making in my spare time, so I used the vacation as inspiration to make the huge misson.

So I took a mission of Pearl Harbor I found on M4T that had a lot of objects and things on it and was made really well...

... but then I ran with that as my base, and built a huge Mission with everything going on that day, including correct flight paths and numbers, there was a lot of time in that one.

Interresting side note... doing the reaserch for the mission, I wanted all the Jappanies planes attacking at the same times and same routes as they really did...

... I flew to to Pearl Harbor from another island, we took the same approach the Japanese did along the West side of the island, was weird seeing it for real...

Anyhoo,

What is the best way to bring that into BAT?

vonofterdingen

• Missioneer
Re: How to bring an HSFX mission to BAT?
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2022, 08:44:50 AM »

As you likely know by now, BAT has everything that HSFX has and more. You will probably be able to drop the mission(s) into BAT and they will work. Before you play it the first time, load it into the FMB and see if it gives you any errors or warnings. When you play look around for any object(s) that might be missing.

The worst thing that could happen is that the map has a different name (between BAT and HSFX. In that case find the corresponding map in BAT, save a blank mission to get the load name. Open the blank file with any text editor: the map load name is the second line of the file. Copy that information and paste it into your mission file.

Atoka220

• Bomber
  • Modder
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2022, 12:36:15 PM »

There is also a python script that tells you if certain things are missing
Objects, planes and all can have different names in different modpacks while they are essentially still the exact same thing

https://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/topic,65584.0.html
There are 2 certain things in life: Death and CTDs

Vampire_pilot

« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2022, 12:14:01 AM »

With HSFX stuff you definitely need to do a python assisted conversion, rewriting and exchanging a lot of denominations in the .mis.
The material is most likely there in some fashion, but also most likely called out all differently in .ini and .mis files.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.067 seconds with 22 queries.