Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Last microdem version and Il2  (Read 306 times)

Uzin

• Modder
  • On lifetime holidays
Last microdem version and Il2
« on: May 15, 2022, 03:20:22 AM »

In the last microdem version I can get and merge map data to DEM, with nicely coloured picture. However, I cannot get further, that is to take colors from table, as earlier, so Il2 height map does not appear.
Can anybody help, please?
Otherwise I must stop making new maps from the beginning.

emmett_grogan

Re: Last microdem version and Il2
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2022, 04:45:14 AM »

Hi Uzin

I think later versions use a different method of storing colour palettes - I went back to an earlier version, for ease of use.

I vaguely remember creating this to add the Il2 elevation mapping; add to your microdem root folder, should then show in the available palettes list :

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1L6DCCaHNu6UOXfFWcJYjQiP2JPrZDZ38/view?usp=sharing

cheers

genXgamer

• Player
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2022, 04:46:19 AM »

Hi Uzin

At home I have version 12.0 build 2011.5.12.1 which I'm pretty sure came with the map building tutorial.

At work I have the latest version which I've noticed has a slightly different user interface and some things are done differently.
I have tomorrow off and will be fishing, if no one has helped you in the meantime I'll check it out Tuesday.

I'm only guessing here but instead of clicking the modify tab, try right clicking mouse.
Go in quickly.....Punch hard.....Get out !

Uzin

• Modder
  • On lifetime holidays
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2022, 07:17:37 AM »

Thank you, emmett_grogan, I have this file installed.
Thank you, genXgamer, right clicking got me further, some grey map obtained, seems like good basis for il2 map_H.
Thank you both for quick response.

genXgamer

• Player
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2022, 04:04:10 PM »

Hi Uzin

Just to fill you in.

I had Build 2020.1.15.1 on my laptop at work, so I updated to the latest version and can see your problem.
It seems to be something to do with fixed colour palette and maybe updating the data base?
I'm sure there's a way to select the 2 necessary files, I just don't have the time at work to fully investigate.

For me I'm reverting back to the previous version as it done everything I needed of it.

My philosophy on updating is, if there's no compelling reason to update then don't.

P.S.   If you want the previous version let me know.
Go in quickly.....Punch hard.....Get out !

Uzin

• Modder
  • On lifetime holidays
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2022, 06:41:13 AM »

Thank you very much.
I think the explanation by KevinP, the author of awesome map building tutorials, would be very needed. Has anybody link to this genial tutor, please ?
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.108 seconds with 24 queries.