Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: adding loadouts and changing cockpit views?  (Read 942 times)

dsawan

adding loadouts and changing cockpit views?
« on: May 13, 2022, 05:52:55 AM »

Hi folks, trying to learn weapons loadout editing. I tried editing the ah64 weapons loadout in weapons.ini. Found the ah 64 entry and tried to add sidewinder and air to grd weapons. I believe Maverick missile. I copied the a-10 laodout and changed the name to ah64 but does not show. The cockpit button how would one change it to a radar station or substitute say a top gunner position to the radar? Doe it need Java coding knowledge or simply edits? I coem from thirdwire sims so I am somewhat new to editing. Thx.

Epervier

• 4.09 Guardian Angel !
  • SAS Team
  • I'm French and Rebel_409! Nobody is perfect!
    • Some tinkering here
Re: adding loadouts and changing cockpit views?
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2022, 06:05:16 AM »

To add or remove weapon loads, it is not enough to modify a text file that serves ... which is useless !
It is necessary to modify the Java file of the plane, in the best case, or to modify the COD file of the plane if this one uses one!
If your results do not live up to your expectations, tell yourself that the great oak was once an acorn too. - Lao Zi -

FL2070

• Modder
  • FAC #87
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2022, 04:25:05 PM »

I tried editing the ah64 weapons loadout in weapons.ini.

Assuming you mean weapons.properties, that's a cosmetic fileā€”it doesn't control weapon loadouts, just the names of the loadouts. If you want to edit loadouts, you're going to need a COD editor and/or Java development environment, depending on which aircraft you want to edit the loadouts of. Some loadouts are hard-coded into the plane's Java classfile, while others use the COD system.

You can find out how to edit Java classfiles for modding IL-2 in the SuperSchool Tutorials section. COD editing is different though; as far as I know, COD editors are not hosted on SAS. There is a way to bypass COD loadouts in an aircraft's Java classfile, but I forget exactly how it's done.

The cockpit button how would one change it to a radar station or substitute say a top gunner position to the radar? Doe it need Java coding knowledge[...]

Yes.
On average, the average average averages, averagely, the average average of all averages.

Epervier

• 4.09 Guardian Angel !
  • SAS Team
    • Some tinkering here
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2022, 04:31:16 PM »

There is a way to bypass COD loadouts in an aircraft's Java classfile, but I forget exactly how it's done.
Property.set(class1, "IgnoreCodWeapon", 1) ;
by Mike & western
Link deleted !

But if I remember correctly, you need the BAT pack or the Mod Engine... if I remember correctly!
If your results do not live up to your expectations, tell yourself that the great oak was once an acorn too. - Lao Zi -

WxTech

• Modder
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2022, 05:58:26 AM »

Gabriel,
Why would that page you linked to be off limits to me?
Great minds discuss ideas. Average minds discuss events. Small minds discuss people. - Hyman Rickover (but probably predating his use.)

Epervier

• 4.09 Guardian Angel !
  • SAS Team
    • Some tinkering here
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2022, 11:22:01 AM »

Gabriel,
Why would that page you linked to be off limits to me?
Gloups !  :-X   :-[
I thought it was in the "SuperSchool" forum!

glibble

• RTFM Gold Star Award
« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2022, 02:15:04 PM »

Man... what's the point of excluding people from joining the modding community?
Don't you want more modders?
I learned some java in college and I was hoping to learn more about the loadout codes myself, then I hit this wall :(

Meh

Epervier

• 4.09 Guardian Angel !
  • SAS Team
    • Some tinkering here
« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2022, 02:51:21 PM »

:-X  Personally I would be happy to give you more information, but this code was part of a topic for the designers of the BAT and Engines Mod pack!
So I used this code for my 409 game but as I am not the author of the initial code and the topic concerned I can't do anything more...
You should ask the authors...
Don't forget that this option is included in the BAT pack!

glibble

• RTFM Gold Star Award
« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2022, 11:40:37 AM »

:-X  Personally I would be happy to give you more information, but this code was part of a topic for the designers of the BAT and Engines Mod pack!
So I used this code for my 409 game but as I am not the author of the initial code and the topic concerned I can't do anything more...
You should ask the authors...
Don't forget that this option is included in the BAT pack!
Sorry I over-reacted, I apologize. I understand you're just trying to help!
I just wish there is more info posted on SuperSchool so everyone can learn.

S!

WxTech

• Modder
« Reply #9 on: May 15, 2022, 01:40:47 PM »

I checked in BAT 4.0 Aircraft.class and see that the IgnoreCodWeapon property is implemented. So at least from that version of BAT and later, one can easily edit the relevant classfile for an aircraft and bypass the cod file's loadout.
Great minds discuss ideas. Average minds discuss events. Small minds discuss people. - Hyman Rickover (but probably predating his use.)
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.074 seconds with 26 queries.