Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Adding of new countries? ~ANSWERED  (Read 3795 times)

RAF_Loke

• Balbo-Net
Adding of new countries? ~ANSWERED
« on: September 04, 2009, 01:26:14 AM »

Anyone know how to create and add new countries?

SAS~Malone

• flying as #46 with the FAC
  • Editor
  • proud member of that 'other' site
Re: Adding of new countries?
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2009, 02:19:48 AM »

Loke, have you tried the Forgotten Countries mod? It adds several new countries. Cirx released his Lite version, available here, so he'd be the guy to ask. He'll be around soonish... ;)
.....taking fun seriously since 1968.....  8)

RAF_Loke

• Balbo-Net
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2009, 03:09:34 AM »

Yeah I know about those two mods, not that I've tried them out.
Reason for wanna add additional countries is that I would like to add some fictional Air forces. I'll try and contact Cirx.

SAS~CirX

• R.I.P.
  • SAS Honourable Member
  • No Zips, Only Buttons
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2009, 05:05:51 AM »

OK, I have not touchd forgotten countries for a while. I am doing the bulgaria addition, but the Whole forgotten countries mod is so complicated for my poor brain, I try to walk around it. All I can say is, Sanke is a genius.

I dont know how to add a whole new country, but I think I know a workaround. Sanke taught me how to add duplicate countries. And then you can Name these countries whatever you wish. Follow?

So I think you must get the original Forgotten Countries, so you have all those weirdd nations he has, and you can picks some cool ones from there, and you can name them any fictional name you want.

Here is his letter to me about that:

Hi Cirx,
Glad you like the mod  In fact crating new countries without changing markings is quite simple and doesn't require to edit class files.

For instance, to create a blue-sided Israel (in the mod Israel is red sided!), chose a two-letter code for the country, eg. "ib".
Edit the file "regiments.ini" in the Forgotten_Countries\PaintSchemes folder and add these two lines:
under the [branch] section:
 Code:
 IB IS

under the [Blue  ] section:
 Code:
 "ib01"

Then copy the 2 files "is01" and "is01.tga" from the PaintSchemes\Red folder to the PaintSchemes\Blue folder, and rename them respectively into "ib01" and "ib01.tga". Edit the file ib01 with notepad and change the line

Code:
 country      = IS
id           = 01
gruppeNumber = 1
speech       = GB
short        = <none>
info         = Israel <none>

into:

Code:
 country      = IB
id           = 01
gruppeNumber = 1
speech       = GB
short        = <none>
info         = Israel (Blue) <none>

Also, add the required lines in the i18n folder files to have the full name of the country displayed.
Hope that helps.
Cheers,
sanka

You can of course go change marking and stuff yourself. How to do that I have no clue.Good luck!
I think this must put you in the right direction for a start! :)

Fusek

« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2009, 09:52:10 AM »

I'll try using this technique to make Borduria and Syldavia! With the 109B out, and all the early war planes, we can fly now we could make one hell of a Borduria invading Syldavia campaign!

For the record, Borduria and Syldavia are fictional countries in two Tintin comics.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Syldavia
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Borduria

SAS~CirX

• R.I.P.
  • SAS Honourable Member
  • No Zips, Only Buttons
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2009, 10:00:29 AM »

excellent! :D

If they are in TinTin, then they are more real than some actual existing fucked up countries I could name :D

Frankiek

• SAS Team
« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2009, 10:13:54 AM »

Fusek you can get additional information by reading this thread

http://specialaircraftservice.com/main/index.php/topic,345.0.html

Fusek

« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2009, 11:18:04 AM »

I just love the set up Hergé provided us for a campaign. And now suitable planes are being developed...

RAF_Loke

• Balbo-Net
« Reply #8 on: September 04, 2009, 11:30:58 AM »

Thanks CirX.

Fusek, in this template http://www.balbo-net.org/downloads/templates/Markings_v1.2.zip you will find markings for all the nations in Tintin. And Boduria and Syldavia was some of the countries I had in mind.

Frankiek

• SAS Team
« Reply #9 on: September 05, 2009, 01:32:13 AM »

and you can use the V-2 as the rocket to be launched to the moon, a TinTin Pack is a great idea

larsen

« Reply #10 on: October 10, 2009, 10:12:27 AM »

Hi to all,

BTW, i was just wondering one thing : i had forgotten countries in my previous 409b1m modded version. As i upgraded this version with the 409m patch, i have now 2 sets of regInfo_ru.properties and regShort_ru.properties files : one set in the forgotten countries i18n directory and the other one in the STD/i18n directory (plus the original one in the files/i18n directory but this one is not important i think).

But in the 409m there are new squadrons (e.g. italian ones) which of course are not in the forgotten countries list of squadrons.

I don't know if my question is clear but i wonder if this can cause some problem; will the two sets of squadrons will be available (so far with a "mix") or only one? To my mind i think it will be one or another but most probably not the two. In this case, i suppose i will have to edit the file and modify it manually.
What do you think about it?

Frankiek

• SAS Team
« Reply #11 on: October 12, 2009, 12:00:12 AM »

If you are using 409 modded version and you are using Forgotten countries (or any other mod that alter the default countries and regiment) you will have to add the new italian regiments manually in your regiments.ini file as explained in the read me for the mod activator for pre-modded install
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.14 seconds with 25 queries.