Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: ILS for c-47 in BAT  (Read 580 times)

gooney

ILS for c-47 in BAT
« on: March 28, 2022, 01:36:25 AM »

Hi there,
I just realized that the ILS with the Army Air Force Instrument Approach System is not working with the c-47 (at leat the b version).
It's working with the b-25 in bat just like in stock games above 4.11.
It's also working with the b-17 (at least the f version) in bat.
Do you know how to fix this bug ?
Many thanks,
Best regards,
Seb gooney

WxTech

• Modder
Re: ILS for c-47 in BAT
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2022, 04:10:24 AM »

Not having looked at the relevant class (the cockpit class, at least), I would wonder if the required code for this instrument is present...
Great minds discuss ideas. Average minds discuss events. Small minds discuss people. - Hyman Rickover (but probably predating his use.)

gooney

« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2022, 01:46:01 PM »

Thanks for your reply WxTech,
Could this be fixed by a noob like me with only copy and past abilities or would it need a more advanced ability in modding?

WxTech

• Modder
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2022, 03:34:58 PM »

Again, without having looked into the matter...

In the worst case, where the necessary gauge is not present, at minimum one would be required to:

- Obtain the texture(s) for gauge face and needles.
- Add to the panel mesh an entry for the gauge face, at the correct size and in the desired place.
- Make a mesh or meshes for the needle or needles.
- Place the needles via appropriate entry or entries in the cockpit folders hier.him.
- Add the Java code to drive the needle(s) in the cockpit's class (requiring a Java compiler.)

Outside a basic Java decompiler/compiler, the other stuff can be done with GIMP or Photoshop (there is a legal free version on offer, it being what I use), a spreadsheet and Notepad text editor.  This is my tool set, the latter two of which comprise what I call the Poor Man's 3D Software Package.  😀

There's a member at another modding web site who calls himself Dr. Strangelove. He has put together a basic but functional Java decompiler/compiler toolkit based on JODE, and has made a little tutorial YouTube video on its use. A handy Java editor is Notepad++, also free, because it does context based color coding for much easier reading.

I'm no programmer, beyond having done some BASIC dabbling in the 80s and 90s. I managed to sorta kinda muddle my way around doing some Java, without having to drive others hereabouts to hair-pulling, I hope.  ;)

My point is that if one is motivated, at zero financial cost one can delve into most or all spheres of modding. It's eminently satisfying to enjoy the fruits of one's own creations!

Glenn
Great minds discuss ideas. Average minds discuss events. Small minds discuss people. - Hyman Rickover (but probably predating his use.)

gooney

« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2022, 10:59:08 PM »

The gauge is present in the cockpit and i've already played with the hier.him before.
I will look at freeil2modding for the tutorial you talked about.
Many thanks for the detailed explanation Glenn ;)
Sébastien
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.075 seconds with 24 queries.