Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Keyboard not responding after mission loads  (Read 2766 times)

tomhighway

Re: Keyboard not responding after mission loads
« Reply #12 on: December 07, 2021, 09:09:45 AM »

Interesting thing happened just now while starting the game to get a current log file. I'd never noticed before, but I think the keyboard is actually locking up before I push the "fly" button when I start a mission. I went into the  aircraft customization feature to change the skin and the weapon convergence distance, and I couldn't set the convergence distance to my desired range because it requires input from the keyboard. Up to that point, everything I do is done with the mouse, which works fine even when the problem is occurring.

So anyway, here is a current log file from a gaming session where the issue has occurred.

https://pastebin.com/ux8M4XRV

Hopefully this will give some useful info on what the problem is.

tomhighway

« Reply #13 on: February 23, 2022, 05:50:23 AM »

Alt + Tab

For the other folks out there that have this keyboard issue, and haven't figured out the best workaround for it, the Alt + Tab is the best one. I just do that now whenever I get to the main page after booting up the game, and it wakes the keyboard up immediately. Every time.

Flying H

• "And you can fly, high as a kite if you want to..
« Reply #14 on: February 23, 2022, 12:47:30 PM »

Can it be that your KB is on a usb port? If so check that windows doesn´t set it "sleeping" after an amount of time "to save energy". It can be doing that for any usb port at any time if you don´t turn that funktion off via the control panel.
And you can fly, high as a kite, if you want to.........

Knochenlutscher

• Flying Ass Clown #10
  • Modder
  • aka Segfej
« Reply #15 on: February 23, 2022, 05:10:41 PM »

The same happens with other older Games, it's a windowed mode thing.
I can definitely not have 5 min or less energy saving option.
I can get that thing, when I accidently click one open task tab right in the intitializing,
i.e. when it laggs a bit. When I do a cleaning of my caches and close all Tabs, then start the game,
the Bug isn't there. I get that Bug frequently when Modding, since I need Matrix, Params, sknil open etc. to test things on the run.
Alt+Tab is pretty safe and working. It's not annoying whatsoever to me.
Wiseman : "Did you speak the exact words?" Ash : "Look, maybe I didn't say every single little tiny syllable, no. But basically I said them, yeah."

tomhighway

« Reply #16 on: February 24, 2022, 05:35:17 AM »

Can it be that your KB is on a usb port? If so check that windows doesn´t set it "sleeping" after an amount of time "to save energy". It can be doing that for any usb port at any time if you don´t turn that funktion off via the control panel.

Yes my keyboard is USB, but it only does it with IL-2 1946. Never happens any other time. And I'm not running Windows, I'm running Linux.

I appreciate the tip though.

agracier

• Modder
    • The Great War in a Different Light
« Reply #17 on: February 24, 2022, 10:20:57 AM »

As a sort of corollary, even now and then when I start up Il-2 and begin flying, the game won't have recognized my joystick. Keyboard input does work however.

The only solution I've found is to reboot the game. Nor does it happen very often, it doesn't, but still perhaps once a week or so. With making maps I often boot up the game to try out a map some 20 times a day if not more.

SAS~tsisqua

• Tsisqua Tsigawonisgi, but you can call me Bird!
« Reply #18 on: February 24, 2022, 03:39:58 PM »

Needing to minimize the game, then restore it with a mouse-click is something that I've been doing since I put the first IL2 disc into a drive. Like 20 years, now.

Bird
"When you have to kill a man, it costs nothing to be polite." Winston Churchill
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.093 seconds with 27 queries.