Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Not really newbie but back from a long blank days, and need some help.  (Read 351 times)

Phantom_3_9

After all the blank days(with changing a better spec. of computer), I want to reinstall IL-2 Sturmovik 1946, but can I have multiple installation of the game? Because I want to play both "4.12.2 BAT" and "4.12.2 SAS Mod Activator" that I can insert any kinds of mod as I want(It will be fun to flying a WWI planes againist with any kinds of Jet Fighter at the same skies, I think)

Also(If I can use "4.12.2 SAS Mod Activator" separately) how many things should I need to have for better Visual look?

And If I insert Planes, Weapons, Vehicles/Artillery, Ships and other things, is that any maximum limit on the things selections?(Especially the Planes and Weapons)

Also there was a good mod that allow to watch any kinds of Planes/Vehicles/Artillery/Ships(Both moving and stationary) at the mission, but I forgot the name. Can someone told what is it?

FL2070

• Modder
  • Mod Dispenser Operator In-Training
Re: Not really newbie but back from a long blank days, and need some help.
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2021, 12:30:50 PM »

can I have multiple installation of the game?

Yes. IL-2 is entirely self-contained, so you can quite literally just copy and paste the entire game and it will work just fine.

Also(If I can use "4.12.2 SAS Mod Activator" separately) how many things should I need to have for better Visual look?

That depends on your standards. I would recommend WxTech's effects for 4.12, the eternal Graphics Extender by silbenli (for which you'll need the latest selector), and the entire maps section (Common, ETO, PTO, MTO, and Textures). For improving the looks of the cockpits, look through the Cockpits (Common) and Cockpits (ReSkins) sections. There are also some plane "mega packs" that revamp an entire series of aircraft, such as the Bf 109 Ultimate Pack. As a final note, many JSGME mods for Modact 5.3 tweak the looks of the game as well.

And If I insert Planes, Weapons, Vehicles/Artillery, Ships and other things, is that any maximum limit on the things selections?(Especially the Planes and Weapons)

There is a limit—it's colloquially called the "java wall"—but you shouldn't run into it unless you specifically go out of your way to install absolutely everything you find.

Also there was a good mod that allow to watch any kinds of Planes/Vehicles/Artillery/Ships(Both moving and stationary) at the mission, but I forgot the name. Can someone told what is it?

You're most likely referring to VisualMOD, but it's been kind of half deprecated in favor of whistler's NG series mods. The one that will do that is NG-MAP with its actor viewer.
On average, the average average averages, averagely, the average average of all averages.

SAS~vampire_pilot

• SAS Team
  • a million fixes
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2021, 02:43:41 AM »

welcome then!

please note that with BAT you will NOT need a second game install if you want a SAS modact game too.
Because BAT delivers not only the four era modules (#DOF3, #TGA3, #WAW3, #JTW3), but also one "blank" #SAS module, which is just that, a SAS modact folder already prepared.
Simply select it inside the same game install with the selector. You can do inside that #SAS whatever you wish.

Or you can take any era module as a base, make a copy of, say #WAW3 folder, inside the very same game and just build on top of that... many things are possible. You can manage that easily with your own entries in the il-2 selector's ini.

The only thing where you would definitely need a second game is when you want to play from another base game version, like 4.09, 4.10 or whatever...

About this limit, it is like FL2070 said, basically. But in a regular BAT module, we can use a few tricks in java to allow much much more planes and objects that you possibly could add into a SAS modact on your own.

genXgamer

• Player
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2021, 03:30:37 AM »

Thanks vampire_pilot

The "blank" #SAS module answered a lingering question I had, infact I found the above reply very informative.
Go in quickly.....Punch hard.....Get out !

Phantom_3_9

« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2021, 10:13:38 AM »

Thanks everyone for answering question!!

You're most likely referring to VisualMOD, but it's been kind of half deprecated in favor of whistler's NG series mods. The one that will do that is NG-MAP with its actor viewer.
-From FL2070

Yeah That's Visual Mod! If I don't forget wrong, Visual Mod V8 is the best on to use, As I rember!

SAS~vampire_pilot

• SAS Team
  • a million fixes
« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2021, 10:37:32 AM »

Be cautious with "old knowledge". Some of these old mods are incompatible to certain modern in game functions. Especially the walking pilot mod.
It's superseded by NG-PAL by Whistler.

I strongly suggest to only go with Whistlers NG-xxx mods.
Aside from NG-CAM and NG-PAL, all of these NG mods are built into BAT already.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.054 seconds with 23 queries.